Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 re-assign devices to zones

Options
  • 28-12-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

Looking for a little advice on setting up a HKC Quantum 70.

I seem to have detected and identified my first RF device into the wrong zone. It defaulted to zone 1 which was named as the front-door rather than zone 8 which was the back door.
    Is it possible to move a device to a different zone? Didn't see anything regarding this in the setup manual.

Not sure if this was user error or not - but would be helpful to know if this is possible for future reference.
    Of course I could always just rename my existing zones :-)

Thanks for any advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

jaydev wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for a little advice on setting up a HKC Quantum 70.

I seem to have detected and identified my first RF device into the wrong zone. It defaulted to zone 1 which was named as the front-door rather than zone 8 which was the back door.
    Is it possible to move a device to a different zone? Didn't see anything regarding this in the setup manual.

Not sure if this was user error or not - but would be helpful to know if this is possible for future reference.
    Of course I could always just rename my existing zones :-)

Thanks for any advice.

You will need to go into rf device menu and remove the device.
    The scan for devices, press quit and use the # button to scroll to the zone you want the device installed on.
    When you have this, open and close the tamper to I'd onto the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jaydev

OK cool thanks. I don't think I had realised that I had to scroll to the desired zone BEFORE closing the device; asumed that it was a choice AFTER closing and as part of the ID process. But sounds like I have to chose the zone to ID into and then close tamper.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    All rest working a dream now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

jaydev wrote: »
    OK cool thanks. I don't think I had realised that I had to scroll to the desired zone BEFORE closing the device; asumed that it was a choice AFTER closing and as part of the ID process. But sounds like I have to chose the zone to ID into and then close tamper.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    All rest working a dream now!

No problem, glad you are on the right road now.

Advertisement