Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 6s Plus - Touch Disease!

Options
  • 28-12-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

EDIT: I have a 6 plus, not a 6s plus.

Does anyone know the story with getting this problem fixed. The phone was an unlocked gift and is three years old. It's got this "touch disease" problem now. Under Irish law am I protected for 6 years (not the Apple two years) after purchase? Obviously the phone cannot be six years or older since the model didn't exist back then.

From my reading it's a manufacturing fault. I would like to have it repaired free of charge obviously :) Any advice greatly appreciated.

https://www.lifewire.com/iphone-touch-disease-4120914

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

180 euros seems a lot when the manufacturing is faulty. I think I will try another approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

percy212 wrote: »
    180 euros seems a lot when the manufacturing is faulty. I think I will try another approach.

The design flaws that caused touch disease on the 6 plus were fixed with the 6s plus. I'm sure it can still occur, but it's not a glaring issue (or common) like the original 6 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Whoops. My mistake. I have a 6 plus, not a 6s plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GadgetRecycle

Fixable for around €70 by anyone capable of board level repair.

Apple will not help if outside 12 month guarantee.

Need advice get in touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

My daughters ipad mini had this problem, it was over 2 years old and I rang apple and posted it off to them and they repaired it free of charge.

Advertisement