Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dylan : Sat 30th PM / Sun 31st Dec 2017 AM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Taking the pub run literally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It look delicious on the Infrared, expecting a few good numbers from NW on 11.

Eased off here in Murrisk. No significant squalls for the last 20 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

pad199207 wrote: »
    Jesus ya can almost smell the drink in here tonight

Ya the prom miss I gave tho to return this fa our v be back soon I’d say tho
    Happy Xmas all
    Breezy Arklow
    Hawt
    Out!
    Night! All enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ya the prom miss I gave tho to return this fa our v be back soon I’d say tho
    Happy Xmas all
    Breezy Arklow
    Hawt
    Out!
    Night! All enjoy

Ah here ffs yah can’t be that bad GS lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Mace Head now 250 48 gust 64 knots at 2 am. Belmullet down to 250 26 gust 37 knots. Claremorris 24 gusting 52 knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

It was calm enough there for half an hour in Sligo but it has really picked up again now, howling wind, and very squally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I feel like the wind has strengthened here still in cork, rather then decreasing :)

I was just going to post similar from here, it definitely seems to have increased in intensity here over the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Quite wild here in Delvin Westmeath, woken by slated dancing and wind banging the roof.

GoneHome wrote: »
    I was just going to post similar from here, it definitely seems to have increased in intensity here over the past hour

Gusting 38, 44 and 43 knots at Cork Airport, Roches Point and Sherkin Island, respectively.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gust of a 102 km/h in Castlebar, strongest so far of the night here, but in the last half hour they have been very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Wind just picking up now in Kildare/Dublin border

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bad winds south Sligo. wheely bin fallen over twice . roof on house feels like its gonna blow off! My dogs whimpering, they hate this wind. Will electric stay on I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wind gust 'heat map' observation at 2am:

wind10mkph_024.jpg

Gone official windy here in the last 20 mins with frequent gusts into the high 40s.

New Moon

Strongest winds of the night in Sligo are to come in the next 1-2 hours, gusting to 52 knots between 3-4 am, according to the 2 am TAF.

TAF EISG 310200Z 3103/3112 23025G40KT 9999 BKN020
    BECMG 3103/3104 23030G52KT
    TEMPO 3103/3109 5000 SHRA SCT018CB
    BECMG 3104/3106 25023G40KT
    BECMG 3106/3108 25018KT
    BECMG 3108/3110 20010KT=

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Feels worse than Ophelia on the outskirts of castlebar mayo . Having said it seems the squals are now dying down in the past 15 minutes .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

rafales_uk_pgv4.png

pression2_uk_shq1.png

tempresult_tdw6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Feels worse than Ophelia on the outskirts of castlebar mayo . Having said it seems the squals are now dying down in the past 15 minutes .

Yes. Also feels worse than Ophelia here in Galway. The banging outside woke me through the baby monitor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Shedbebreezy

Wind progressively picking up here in Donegal this past 30 minutes. I've decided to pull an all nighter. Hope it's worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Have decided to drink a 3rd bottle of red. Hate the wind. Although 91 knots on 8th Jan 2008 is unlikely to be threatened tonite. That was some scary ****e, when 60 roof tiles disappear, noise incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

A lot of the usual social media "forecasting pages" played down this storm. They are normally right with most weather warnings however it is blowing an absolute gale here at coastal Meath. No scientific info as station is down but the roof is creaking and the windows are bending. Much windier than I personally expected.

A lot of the usual social media "forecasting pages" played down this storm. They are normally right with most weather warnings however it is blowing an absolute gale here at coastal Meath. No scientific info as station is down but the roof is creaking and the windows are bending. Much windier than I personally expected.

The GFS didn't make much of this storm. Also when met removed language like extreme gusts from their earlier forecast I think some people took that as a Downgrade even though the wind gusts of 125km ph didn't change in their text. They had it back up next update and increased gusts to 130km ph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Scary wind here in Virginia. Woman and two kids wide awake with the wind. Feels and sounds stronger than we got from Ophellia

Met Éireann mean wind speed forecast for 5am:

3hr-wind.gif?0316

South Donegal bearing the brunt. Strongest zone of winds expected to move into N. Donegal and north coast in general in the following hours.

Still windy here, but a beautiful night with a wild looking sky in the moonlight.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Met Éireann mean wind speed forecast for 5am:

3hr-wind.gif?0316

South Donegal bearing the brunt. Strongest zone of winds expected to move into N. Donegal and north coast in general in the following hours.

Still windy here, but a beautiful night with a wild looking sky in the moonlight.

Extremely bright may I add, moon cast a shadow on me when letting the cat in :pac:

Extremely bright may I add, moon cast a shadow on me when letting the cat in :pac:

You should never invite vampires into the house when the moon shines bright. Is your cat looking at you funny? there may be time to reconsider your decision, before its too late.

New Moon

Gust of 62 knots at Mace 03.00. Belmullet just 40. Thought would be higher there by now

Gust of 62 knots at Mace 03.00. Belmullet just 40. Thought would be higher there by now

It is curious, as the isobaric gradient around the Belmullet region would seem to be very tight. Something seems amiss:

WEB_Analysis.png?0326

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Like I said earlier, windy here, 10 miles from malin head. But just a breezy day for us.

Advertisement