Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought item using One-4-All Card..now need to return item

Options
  • 28-12-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Bought a Camera for €110 using a €100 One-4-All Card+ €10 cash.

I now need to return same (to Argos) ...but I have dumped the card as it was all use up.

How will a refund work now.....????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Why don't you contact Argos and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Can't see it listed on their website....just asking here if anyone had experience on same. But thanks for the reply - all helps

• Administrators Posts: 14,083 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Argos are likely to give you a €100 gift card, but you will only be able to use it in Argos.

Argos are likely to give you a €100 gift card, but you will only be able to use it in Argos.

Thanks... that's bummer as I had an eye on a better cameras in PC World!

Probably just sit it out with the Gift Card and see what camera's come back into stock in Argos over the coming months then. If they threw it back on a One -4-All card I would be sorted as PCWorld take them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Get a 5 Euro one 4 all card and see if Argos will put the 100 onto it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I think they put it back on to the One4All. Was only talking to a friend about it earlier. Most companies will put the money back on the One4All apart from Next.

Good idea... am calling to Argos tomorrow and will ask if possible and will post back here to let ye know how I got along

I think they put it back on to the One4All. Was only talking to a friend about it earlier. Most companies will put the money back on the One4All apart from Next.

Yeah except he discarded the actual card. Argos are fairly ok so they might put it on a new one for all card for you. Be interested to hear back if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why are you returning the camera? That may have a bearing.

If you are returning because so eth8ng is wrong, then you entitled to be fully refunded, usually via the method of payment e.g. cash if you paid cash, credit card if you paid by credit card. If it was a One4All gift card, then I’d expect same or equivalent, i.e. cash. You should not be offered store credit.

If you are returning due to change of mind, then they don’t have to refund you in the same way you paid. They can give you store credit if they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If you're returning an item because something is wrong it's up to the company to decide which of the three r's they want to offer you.
    There's no law that you are fully entitled to a refund.

If it's a change of mind you have no rights and it's a goodwill gesture to offer you anything at all so store credit is perfectly acceptable.

• Advertisement

If you're returning an item because something is wrong it's up to the company to decide which of the three r's they want to offer you.
    There's no law that you are fully entitled to a refund.

If it's a change of mind you have no rights and it's a goodwill gesture to offer you anything at all so store credit is perfectly acceptable.

Agreed... but Argus are offering a full refund over Xmas on items bought and not needed etc/ once not opened or used. Bringing back as bought as a present for family member but the feel that its not a great camera and have seen better for small extra money. So - they want to but the extra money to it (in P World) and hence the query. Camera never opened and original seal on same. Argos are good on refunding and I have never heard them insisting on the Credit Note option on seeking a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Very. Good idea BUT be careful. I had to return something to Top Man today. Paid with a debif card. When they were giving the refund she asked for the debit card used to pay. I handed her s card (without paying very much attention) and she said the last 4 digits don’t match. I accidentally handed over my credit card.
    My dad bought something in Argos years ago with One4all all. When he returned it they offered him cash. Might be different now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Masala wrote: »
    Agreed... but Argus are offering a full refund over Xmas on items bought and not needed etc/ once not opened or used. Bringing back as bought as a present for family member but the feel that its not a great camera and have seen better for small extra money. So - they want to but the extra money to it (in P World) and hence the query. Camera never opened and original seal on same. Argos are good on refunding and I have never heard them insisting on the Credit Note option on seeking a refund.

You're right argos are very good, I wonder if they might even give you cash. You won't know till you try though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

And some people wonder why this site is dying on it's arse :mad:

And some people wonder why this site is dying on it's arse :mad:

I know it’s very satisfying to get a smart comment or dig in, but in future please try to help other posters

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dudara wrote: »
    If you are returning because so eth8ng is wrong, then you entitled to be fully refunded, usually via the method of payment e.g. cash if you paid cash, credit card if you paid by credit card. If it was a One4All gift card, then I’d expect same or equivalent, i.e. cash. You should not be offered store credit.

Argos will refund to the one4all card or if you dont have access to that any more they will give store credit.

OP could contact one4all and ask for the card to be reissued if they no longer have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it was a One4All gift card, then I’d expect same or equivalent, i.e. cash. You should not be offered store credit.
    I would not expect cash, they would be leaving themselves open to chancers trying to "launder"/get rid of their unwanted cards.

Argos were meant to be taken over and are not meant ot be as flexible with returns anymore. It was the main reason I used to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Why are you returning the camera? That may have a bearing.

If you are returning due to change of mind, then they don’t have to refund you in the same way you paid. They can give you store credit if they want.

Why would you expect cash when no cash was paid? It would be a gift card for the retailer as the onus is on the purchaser to present the card they paid with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

The issue here is the cost to Argos to process and redeem a 14all card. its much much higher then a bank card. see what they say but Id imagine you paid with a gift card, youll get a refund with a gift card, otherwise do they not breach some form of laundering laws

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

From T&Cs:

"12.3 If a Participating Retailer becomes liable to make a refund to you we will not credit the amount of any refund to the Card. All refunds are a matter between you and the relevant Participating Retailer."

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone is questioning that "one 4 all" would refund the card more questioning how Argos (the retailer) will offer a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just pointing out that one4all don't allow refund / adding credit to an existing card. It may have been suggested to purchase a new card and get Argos to refund to that.

So even if the OP had a physical one4all card and Argos agreed to refund to the card, one4all wouldn't process the refund transaction.

Whereas if it was a debit/credit card the bank would process the refund transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just pointing out that one4all don't allow refund / adding credit to an existing card. It may have been suggested to purchase a new card and get Argos to refund to that.

So even if the OP had a physical one4all card and Argos agreed to refund to the card, one4all wouldn't process the refund transaction.

Whereas if it was a debit/credit card the bank would process the refund transaction.
    Must be out of date information as they do allow refunds to existing cards, can take up to 14 days for it to go back on.

I would have interpreted that as one4all won't refund you, you have to go to the retailer where you spent the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It has been over a week, so I assume the OP has been back to Argos. Wonder how it faired out in reality.

It has been over a week, so I assume the OP has been back to Argos. Wonder how it faired out in reality.

Hi all... OP here.

Unfortunately I had a family funeral in far side of country (unexpected) and won't be home til Sunday. Had to drop everything .. so this matter is still outstanding.

Hope to get into Argos next week....and will definitely let u all know what the outcome is

Just an update.... as by strange coincidence I was parked outside an Argos thus morning and whilst I did not have my camera with me as this was not my localnArgos... I decided I would make enquiries.

I Met a Manager who was very helpful and this us the low-down;

1. They will only refund back to the SAME one4all card. Not to a new card.
    2. As I threw away the old card... they would give me an Argos Gift Card instead
    3. There is no chance of getting CASH refunded

So... the moral of the story.. is to hold on to your One4All cards just in case you have to do a refund!!! Even I think if the number of times shop assistants say to me 'will I bin that card as there is now nothing on it'!!! So... going forward...hold in to same til you completely happy with your purchase

So my option now us to accept an Argos gift card .

Hope thread gave posters some valuable info fir going forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sell the argos card on adverts at a slight loss and get your camera in PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Masala wrote: »
    Just an update.... as by strange coincidence I was parked outside an Argos thus morning and whilst I did not have my camera with me as this was not my localnArgos... I decided I would make enquiries.

I Met a Manager who was very helpful and this us the low-down;

1. They will only refund back to the SAME one4all card. Not to a new card.
    2. As I threw away the old card... they would give me an Argos Gift Card instead
    3. There is no chance of getting CASH refunded

So... the moral of the story.. is to hold on to your One4All cards just in case you have to do a refund!!! Even I think if the number of times shop assistants say to me 'will I bin that card as there is now nothing on it'!!! So... going forward...hold in to same til you completely happy with your purchase

So my option now us to accept an Argos gift card .

Hope thread gave posters some valuable info fir going forward!

I have a wallet full of old one4all cards for this reason. They will reissue old cards though if you ask them, but there is a fee.

• Advertisement

Argos will refund to the one4all card or if you dont have access to that any more they will give store credit.

OP could contact one4all and ask for the card to be reissued if they no longer have it.

If an item is faulty, you do not have to take store credit. This is written into your consumer rights. You cannot be “tied” to the store. So if they can’t refund via One4All, then they have to refund some other way, e.g. cash.

If the refund is for a change of mind, then store credit is absolutely acceptable.

Advertisement