Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scum cause bad crash on N7 thankfully only scum injured

• 28-12-2017 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Gardaí have arrested three people after a car they had been pursuing crashed into another vehicle on the N7 in Co Kildare this afternoon.

One person has been seriously injured.

The road is closed northbound between Junction 7 and Junction 8, and there are major tailbacks.

The Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission is also investigating the incident.

It is believed that armed detectives in an unmarked garda car had been patrolling the N7.

They signalled for a car to stop. When they approached the stopped car, the car sped off.

A short time later, the car was involved in a collision with another car.

Three of the four people in the car gardaí were interested in have been arrested. They are two young men and a young woman in their teens.

A fourth person, another young man, was seriously injured and taken to hospital.

The occupants of the third car are believed to have been uninjured.

Emergency services remain at the scene and a section of the motorway remains sealed off. Motorists are urged to avoid the area.

Gardaí in the unmarked vehicle were patrolling as part of Operation Thor, which targets rural burglaries
    I am thankful the people in the other car are not hurt this first and foremost.
    The Garda have done their job which I am sure is quite a difficult one when they get it right they need to be praised.

The people in the car who caused the crash are 100% to blame I am not happy one of them is in a serious condition however I have zero sympathy for them either as they had zero regard for other road users.

3 arrested people in the other car thankfully unhurt bravo Gardaí.

000f287e-614.jpg?ratio=1.78

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What's the weather like for the weekend ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

The "people" didnt cause the crash, the driver that speed off with his passengers caused the crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

McCrack wrote: »
    The "people" didnt cause the crash, the driver that speed off with his passengers caused the crash

They were hostages then?

They were arrested not rescued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

cold. so get the coal in and keep the fire lighting.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Being honest there is not much room for debate here the Garda have done their job.

It's not a job I could do, all I can express is well done.
    Edit after all the breath test fascio I really think we should be praising brave actions like this from the Guards.

How many of us could do that job in all honesty?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I’m liking this operation Thor thingamajiggy. Looks like they’re getting results.

or maybe they’re getting enough to put in the papers, which some cynics may think was the point. I’m sold anyway.

If there was anyone in the car who was not a scumbag, I hope they get well soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The Gardai will probably get criticised for pursuing the vehicle and endangering the general public.

And the obligatory GSOC investigation when it's obvious what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

The three that were being chased on foot by the Garda ran past us at the roundabout at Johnstown.

They were 3 skinny teenagers all about 8/9 stone. Horrible c**nts

Had no idea one of them was a girl until we read the news reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The people in the car who caused the crash are 100% to blame I am not happy one of them is in a serious condition

I’m sure the families of the elderly people terrorised in their homes have a different opinion.

I’ll say it so, I’m always happy to see scum like this get what’s coming to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Being honest there is not much room for debate here the Garda have done their job.

Edit after all the breath test fascio I really think we should be praising brave actions like this from the Guards.

Don't forget the templemore fiasco too. And all of the other fiascos.

More of a Circus act than a police force.

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Don't forget the templemore fiasco too. And all of the other fiascos.

More of a Circus act than a police force.

Well this unti did their job I think it's more than fair to say.

Well this unti did their job I think it's more than fair to say.

Well they caught this crowd because they crashed their car trying to get away.
    That's the realistic picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

These reports on media are designed to convince us that the GS are winning the battle with crime. Doesnt convince me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

To be fair I'd say the majority of people think by and large that the Guards do a good job but the good actions by members today are in no way related or reduce the poor work and down right wrong carry on with breath testing. Plenty of Gardai have done plenty of good work today all over the country but that doesnt mean that the force isnt poorly ran.

They were hostages then?

They were arrested not rescued.

Your opening post was that the "people in the car who caused the crash are 100 percent to blame".

Thats nonsensical.

You do understand that there was only one driver in the offending vehicle? That is to say one person at the controls who had passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Your opening post was that the "people in the car who caused the crash are 100 percent to blame".

Thats nonsensical.

You do understand that there was only one driver in the offending vehicle? That is to say one person at the controls who had passengers.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Thats nonsensical.

Yeah, and the driver will probably claim that he was operating on the instructions of a higher power, so he/she was not responsible either.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Oink wrote: »
    I’m liking this operation Thor thingamajiggy. Looks like they’re getting results.

or maybe they’re getting enough to put in the papers, which some cynics may think was the point. I’m sold anyway.

If there was anyone in the car who was not a scumbag, I hope they get well soon.

Probably no reason for operation Thor thingamajiggy if the judiciary would only give appropriate sentences in the first place. I have as little time for elements of the legal profession as I would for recidivist criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Should I start a thread an praise the postman everytime he successfully delivers a letter? Some cracking posts on this.

Thats nonsensical.

Tell you what I just posted my opinion on a breaking news story.
    You have another opinion which is also fine.:)

The judge will make a judgement which I am yet again fine with.
    Lastly I am glad I am posting my opinion from a distance instead of being caught up in that nasty incident.
    So I will wish you a Happy New year I am off to a party.:)

• Advertisement

Should I start a thread an praise the postman everytime he successfully delivers a letter? Some cracking posts on this.

If you had my postman you might.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I passed it this evening. Thank fook I was going south bound I've never seen a tailback that long it just went on and on.

There was also a crash that way also. Just before this, which looked like it had just happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭anewme

In all fairness, the postman does not risk being shot daily delivering gas bills.

A detective was shot at in Kildare recently (because of the work to take down these roaming burglary gangs)

These people are a scourge on society and the Guardai do not have enough power to stop them.

Anyone who works on the Operation Thor team deserves the highest praise indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Gob****es crash on the N7 every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I very much doubt it was their car. I'd say its a fair guess that the poor owner will see his written off transport on the 9 O Clock news.

Another very likely guess is that these toerags will be treated lightly by some doddery out of touch judge and be out before you can say junkbags.

STB. wrote: »
    I very much doubt it was their car. I'd say its a fair guess that the poor owner will see his written off transport on the 9 O Clock news.

Another very likely guess is that these toerags will be treated lightly by some doddery out of touch judge and be out before you can say junkbags.

Fake news.

Tell you what I just posted my opinion on a breaking news story.
    You have another opinion which is also fine.:)

The judge will make a judgement which I am yet again fine with.
    Lastly I am glad I am posting my opinion from a distance instead of being caught up in that nasty incident.
    So I will wish you a Happy New year I am off to a party.:)

Common sense will tell you passengers cannot have culpability for the actions of a driver....

Unless they were holding a gun up to his head

Think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thats nonsensical.

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

Wow, are you compelled to post in every thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

They were 3 skinny teenagers all about 8/9 stone.

8/9 stone eh? Those are the worst kind of teenage scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Common sense will tell you passengers cannot have culpability for the actions of a driver....

Unless they were holding a gun up to his head

Think about it

Actually common sense would tell you that stealing a car and joyriding is usually a joint venture..

lawred2 wrote: »
    Actually common sense would tell you that stealing a car and joyriding is usually a joint venture..

Thats an assumption the car was stolen.

If it was then there are specific offence of knowingly being carried in a stolen car.

Other offences such as licence, ins, dangerous driving which led to this smash dont attach onto the passengers. Thats my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Spent two hours stuck in this traffic jam tonight

Was wondering why all the branch cars were tearing around

Our ethnic friends disgracing themselves again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭spakman

If it was then there are specific offence of knowingly being carried in a stolen car.

Other offences such as licence, ins, dangerous driving which led to this smash dont attach onto the passengers. Thats my point

Do you have to labour the point?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Gardai were following up on a disturbed breakin in Athens.

In Rome????

pilly wrote: »
    In Rome????

Typo, since corrected. Damn predictive texting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah they probably bought, insured, nct'd and taxed the car they were travelling in. Just out for a spin and somehow got caught up in all that unfortunate carry on.

I'm guessing it was 4 absolute tramp scumbags who were up to no good and will never do an honest days work between them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Typo, since corrected. Damn predictive texting!!

I knew that, just kidding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I knew if I kept reading long enough I'd actually learn something :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

:D:D:D

Those slim, trim bastards

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yeah they probably bought, insured, nct'd and taxed the car they were travelling in. Just out for a spin and somehow got caught up in all that unfortunate carry on.

I'm guessing it was 4 absolute tramp scumbags who were up to no good and will never do an honest days work between them.

Second paragraph is probably more accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

and the best type of jockey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You sound disappointed.
    Did you know any of the passengers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

See... they don't just wear tracksuits for court. They're actual athletes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

At least we're turning the tide in the battle against obesity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1981241/three-members-of-burglary-gang-arrested-as-another-fights-for-his-life-after-getaway-car-crashes-on-n7-limerick-dublin-road/

The Sun has a good insight into the incident and description of the suspects. Turns out they are 4 teenage travellers from Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Looked more like rickets to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

pablo128 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/1981241/three-members-of-burglary-gang-arrested-as-another-fights-for-his-life-after-getaway-car-crashes-on-n7-limerick-dublin-road/

The Sun has a good insight into the incident and description of the suspects. Turns out they are 4 teenage travellers from Tallaght.

Well there’s a shock...you could knock me over with a feather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement