Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scum cause bad crash on N7 thankfully only scum injured

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Crash into some normal legit person though.

Glad the scum were hurt and no one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Gardai need ANPR across the entire motorway network, they need to be working smarter and not harder.

Anpr only works for honest folk. Those tramps would just clone a plate of a similar car.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I will bet you a months wages it was the 4 in that car that were disturbed breaking into a house in Athy. Would you like to take me up on that bet?

Nope. They probably were. I didn't claim any innocence for them. I objected to this speculation as being claimed as facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Gardai need ANPR across the entire motorway network, they need to be working smarter and not harder.

Not worth a shìte against vermin. Jail sentence of 25 years and not a day less. Soften the cough of a lot of these repeat offenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

pablo128 wrote: »
    The Sun
    The exact details of the incident are in a news report I linked on the previous page.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Bets on Bail here?

That seems to be a bit of a problem these days. The perps don't seem to have any fear of anyone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

For every burglar there will be hundreds of "ordinary motorists" getting done for speeding and no tax or insurance if it was everywhere. Be careful what you wish for. ANPR can detect speeding by taking readings at intervals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Hilarious. Where did I either claim authority over the law or even make claims about the law?

A previous poster made a claim as fact. Pure speculation. The only things reported are suggestive rather than proven, except that they were stopped and tried to run. The Gardai stopped them on suspicion of being connected.

Care to provide the proof/evidence right now that shows otherwise?

Journalistic reporting and criminal conviction are vastly different things.

There is nothing suggestive about the incident. Its a statement of what occured as reported to the press by the Gardai.

Again your own claims that the only thing proven is that they ran from the gardai. What do mean by proven ? You'll have to be consistent if you are going down that road or at least look at what else the gardai will immediately allege. You should start here if thats the case.

Not that it matters. These guys werent being stopped for a licence check. They were being stopped by an armed response unit as part of investigations under Operation Thor, as reported in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Bets on Bail here?

That seems to be a bit of a problem these days. The perps don't seem to have any fear of anyone now.

The girl who shot the baby in the leg at point blank range 2 weeks ago got bail because the Garda messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

anewme wrote: »
    The good road network provides then with easy escape routes.

Sure rob a few houses in Athy and be back in Tallaght for your tea.

Well excuse my conservative old fashioned view but they should be eviscerated.

• Advertisement

Those who have said it was not Travelers as that was just speculation have gone very silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

splinter65 wrote: »
    The girl who shot the baby in the leg at point blank range 2 weeks ago got bail because the Garda messed up.

Ex judge Brian Curtin

Those who have said it was not Travelers have gone very silent.

Once there’s a suggestion that they might have a slightly less sympathetic attitude if the criminals attacked them, they evaporate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Tell you what I just posted my opinion on a breaking news story.
    You have another opinion which is also fine.:)

The judge will make a judgement which I am yet again fine with.
    Lastly I am glad I am posting my opinion from a distance instead of being caught up in that nasty incident.
    So I will wish you a Happy New year I am off to a party.:)

Therein lies the problem for me. The judge will make a judgement and you'll be fine with it. I'm going to presume, although I shouldn't, that you work hard and pay your taxes, etc. The judiciary are destroying this country, taking a lot of money out of Joe soaps pocket day in, day out. Yet we're all fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

Omackeral wrote: »
    My father worked as a Dublin firefighter for 30 plus years and the disgust he'd have attending scenes like this. He's a tough resilient man and has been in situations you or I couldn't imagine. My mother told me the only thing that ever effected him greatly was an accident to do with trapped children. He cried for nearly two days before when he attended as a first responder where a toddler was paralysed in a car crash that was the fault of idiots like these. So forgive me if I have a little chuckle at the thought of this dirtbird laid up in hospital (which we'll pay for, though) for the New Year fighting for his pathetic life. He'll never offer anything to society. Nothing.

Your sentiments are heroic but nowhere near those of your old man

Therein lies the problem for me. The judge will make a judgement and you'll be fine with it. I'm going to presume, although I shouldn't, that you work hard and pay your taxes, etc. The judiciary are destroying this country, taking a lot of money out of Joe soaps pocket day in, day out. Yet we're all fine with it.

I’m not fine with it.

I’d have not been sorry if they’d all hit the barrier and that was the end of them.

McCrack wrote: »
    Your sentiments are heroic but nowhere near those of your old man

So do you think that the life of an innocent child is worth the same as that scumbag?

I’m not fine with it.

I’d have not been sorry if they’d all hit the barrier and that was the end of them.

Nor would I. I'd have been annoyed that the taxpayer would have to pick up the bill caused by them hitting the barrier. But, as a a democracy, we are fine with it. We allow this to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What did the Garda do?

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    What did the Garda do?

Again, our judicial system.

So do you think that the life of an innocent child is worth the same as that scumbag?

Your question is out of context.

Im not going into the schematics of putting values on human life

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

John Connors is cracking right now....

What did the Garda do?

Didn’t turn up with the correct paperwork.
    The witnesses he wanted to use in his objection to the bail application were understandably too scared to go to court, he thought he could read out their statements but the judge said that that would be hearsay.
    If he’d brought the state solicitor (I think ) it would have been fine.
    But he didn’t .
    Bail she got.
    A girl who pointed a gun at another girl holding a baby in her arms and pulled the trigger.

Those who have said it was not Travelers as that was just speculation have gone very silent.

Has it been established that it was travellers that were responsible for a crash? More?

Your question is out of context.

Im not going into the schematics of putting values on human life

I didn't read the whole thread, I stopped when I got to your post. Please explain why my question is out of context because I'd really like to know why you think that no one human life is worth more or less than another.

• Advertisement

John Connors is cracking right now....

John Connors is blaming the “country” people, that’s what John Conmors does.
    And the liberal elite stand around him nodding their heads in sympathy before returning to their gated communities and ivory towers.
    Pavee point will be on the radio in the morning condemning the Gardai for the dangerous methods they use and alleging discrimination by just about everyone from the Minister for Justice to the picture editor in the Irish Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The witnesses he wanted to use in his objection to the bail application were understandably too scared to go to court, he thought he could read out their statements but the judge said that that would be hearsay.
    But he didn’t .
    Bail she got.
    A girl who pointed a gun at another girl holding a baby in her arms and pulled the trigger.

Thanks and two more questions
    What paperwork was forgotten?
    And what do you think the state solicitor would have done different?

But he didn’t .
    Bail she got.

The Gardai need special powers to deal with Travellers. These people operate above the law.

For such a minority, they commit a lot of crimes.

The problem is when this is raised, its racist.

Reminds me of the furore surrounding Asian gangs in Rotherham.

Ordinary citizens should not suffer on account of the PC brigade.

thee glitz wrote: »
    Has it been established that it was travellers that were responsible for a crash? More?

Its being widely reported in the press.

You can establish what you want out of that.

Thanks and two more questions
    What paperwork was forgotten?
    And what do you think the state solicitor would have done different?

I’m not sure if it was the state solicitor. Hold on.
    Yes the state solicitor.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-23-shouted-daddy-give-me-the-gun-ill-blow-him-away-before-firing-a-shotgun-at-a-family-court-hears-36428126.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ethnic status,

Or the law of the land?

Is there fear of them now because of this?

This is why we have a problem here.

It’s Being reported in numerous media about traveller gangs robbing people blind and murdering elderly people.

Do you think it’s old folks on a day out.?

You won’t be seen for dust when it goes to Courtand it is Travellers

Stop excusing scumbags.

STB. wrote: »
    Its being widely reported in the press.

Where?

I didn't read the whole thread, I stopped when I got to your post. Please explain why my question is out of context because I'd really like to know why you think that no one human life is worth more or less than another.

Id really like to know where I have said (and I offer no opinion on this) that all human life is equal.

The Gardai need special powers to deal with Travellers. These people operate above the law.

What kind of "special powers" exactly?

Like superman powers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In that report she has an intellectual disability. Without bail she would be locked up until the trial in 2019. If she breaks any of the conditions of her bail she can be locked up then.

He granted €2,000 cash bail, on condition the accused signs on daily at a garda station, observes a 10pm to 7am curfew, surrenders her passport and has no contact with witnesses.

Where?

The internet. Google.

I know what your at by the way and I am not getting into it.

It doesnt matter what their background is, I'd think you would agree. If they were described as 4 Finglas criminals, that doesnt mean that all people from Finglas are criminals.

Are you the person who said that they were a member of the travelling community ? I'm sure you wouldn't condone such behaviour regardless of what your background is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They dont need special powers they just need to enforce the laws we have. the law isnt different for travellers its just enforced differently

This is why we have a problem here.

It’s Being reported in numerous media about traveller gangs robbing people blind and murdering elderly people.

Do you think it’s old folks on a day out.?

You won’t be seen for dust when it goes to Courtand it is Travellers

I never said it wasn't travellers - wouldn't be surprised if it was. One problem is inferring specifics about one incident from reports of others.
    Stop excusing scumbags
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

The case of bail for the would-be baby killer is startling to me. A judge does not trust the word of a law officer of the state and prefers to assume that people might make up statements taken in a controlled way as part of a criminal investigation. Why not slant the balance of credibility the other way i.e. away from the accused and if the statements didn't stand up in the subsequent trial -well then arraign the people who made them for obstructing the course of justice etc.
    I believe we're in terrible trouble in this country with the way laws are framed and the way they're interpreted by too many judges.
    I wish we could have longer sentences ,with more community service and criminals and their families paying towards the cost of incarceration. Also the system of unlimited free legal aid needs to be re-appraised.
    There could certainly be attempts at rehabilitation but if this failed to produce results, criminals should know that they can spit in the face of society if they wish but will pay a heavy price once convicted.

• Advertisement

Like superman powers?[/QUOTE

Like legal policies and laws that are written exactly to deal with specific problems.

Like the specific problems we have with Travellers.

It’s happened in the past, Sophie’s Law was written specifically to tackle
    paedophiles in the UK.

It could be named after someone murdered as a result of a rural burglary, I am sure there are many ( too many)names too choose from.

Id really like to know where I have said (and I offer no opinion on this) that all human life is equal.

You responded to another poster that his sentiments were not as heroic as his father's. (On phone, can't quote). Which read, to me, that every life is equal. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, that's how it read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ethnic status,

Or the law of the land?

Is there fear of them now because of this?

For some reason this strange state gave them what they wanted status wise but are now going after them with every power they have

No complaints here

In that report she has an intellectual disability. Without bail she would be locked up until the trial in 2019. If she breaks any of the conditions of her bail she can be locked up then.

He granted €2,000 cash bail, on condition the accused signs on daily at a garda station, observes a 10pm to 7am curfew, surrenders her passport and has no contact with witnesses.

Did CAB confirm the bail money was legit.

Where?

Ok. For reasons your keeping to yourself you want to pretend that these gangs of marauding violent housebreakers and car thieves are not members of the travelling community.
    Every time a gang is arrested and they appear in court they have addresses at hating sights primarily in Dublin.
    Do you realize that as long as people like yourself continue to pretend and insist that travelers are no worse for this type of thing then any other community, that you are not doing them any favored either?
    While you continue to deflect and defend there is no pressure on the many excellent members of the traveling community to rid themselves of the rotten ones.
    My 83 year old mother who was widowed at 42 was out tonight throwing holy water around the exit and entrance to her humble home in an effort to barricade herself in.
    Where is your elderly loved one?

She’s the mother of 2 small children.
    I wonder do TUSLA know that she has an intellectual Disabilty?

Like superman powers?[/QUOTE

Like legal policies and laws that are written exactly to deal with specific problems.

Like the specific problems we have with Travellers.

It’s happened in the past, Sophie’s Law was written specifically to tackle
    paedophiles in the UK.

It could be named after someone murdered as a result of a rural burglary, I am sure there are many ( too many)names too choose from.

Well we have a whole range of Criminal Justice Acts that deal with specific problems-

Eg theft, robbery, assault, drugs, road traffic, homicides, sexual offences, revenue etc

These apply to every person in the jurisdiction..

I dont understand what specific piece of legislation you think should only be enacted specifically and enforced only on travellers

Ok. For reasons your keeping to yourself you want to pretend that these gangs of marauding violent housebreakers and car thieves are not members of the travelling community.
    Every time a gang is arrested and they appear in court they have addresses at hating sights primarily in Dublin.
    Do you realize that as long as people like yourself continue to pretend and insist that travelers are no worse for this type of thing then any other community, that you are not doing them any favored either?
    While you continue to deflect and defend there is no pressure on the many excellent members of the traveling community to rid themselves of the rotten ones.
    My 83 year old mother who was widowed at 42 was out tonight throwing holy water around the exit and entrance to her humble home in an effort to barricade herself in.
    Where is your elderly loved one?

The people who fail to see this issue are a bigger problem.

Thick as two short planks.

You’d have to wonder if they are living in caves.

It's highly likely that the passengers in this car will claim off the insurance for injuries and get a big payout!

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    The internet. Google.
    I guess the Mirror will have to do, didn't see any links to their story here. The more reliable sites haven't mentioned anything about travellers.
    I know what your at by the way and I am not getting into it.
    You don't have a clue but I'll tell ye - appraising a story based on established facts and/or reputable sources.
    It doesnt matter what their background is, I'd think you would agree. If they were described as 4 Finglas criminals, that doesnt mean that all people from Finglas are criminals.
    I'd agree, ye.
    Are you the person who said that they were a member of the travelling community ?
    No.
    I'm sure you wouldn't condone such behaviour regardless of what your background is ?
    Of course not.

Advertisement