Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scum cause bad crash on N7 thankfully only scum injured

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Autochange wrote: »
    Are you two on duty together tonight?
    So the breath tests scandal didn't happen?
    The half a million sitting in the training college bar account without any explanation wasn't discovered was it not?

Gsoc should do their job and remove the bad fish.

far from filth am I pal, far from it.

But some cops chasing some absolute scum is what they are paid to do, no corruption, no breath tests here. This was some so called travelling gang being apprehended by our Gardaí that decided to leg it, after robbing elderly people.

some people will defend anything to appear "right on" and tonight, here, those people are being exposed for the scum apologists they are.

I'm glad these cúnts are in pain. fúck them, they deserve it.

Travelling Gang, or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

far from filth am I pal, far from it.

But some cops chasing some absolute scum is what they are paid to do, no corruption, no breath tests here. This was some so called travelling gang being apprehended by our Gardaí that decided to leg it, after robbing elderly people.

some people will defend anything to appear "right on" and tonight, here, those people are being exposed for the scum apologists they are.

I'm glad these cúnts are in pain. fúck them, they deserve it.

Travelling Gang, or not.

Im not defending those scumbags at all. Im delighted they were caught. It could be my old folks they terrorise next. They have no fear of the law whatsoever. My comment was in reply to someone else and you picked up as me defending the thieves. So you were wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You are actually part of the problem and I’ll probably get reported for this but it has to be said and I’m sure plenty will agree with me...you are a wanker and if the word wanker is hurtful or against forum rules then maybe ‘cùnt’ is more appropriate. Either way you are one or the other.

Mod note: Don't post in this thread again, please.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am not defending these people for a second.
    There was a robbery in my area about two years ago now. Just a premises broken into. A person driving by witnessed it and they saw two kids who were about 12 breaking into the building whilst an older man presumably their dad waited in the car. I could never have imagined being in this postilion at that age or how I would have reacted. It actually really upsets me that kids can be left in such an environment. Your family are meant to bring you on nice days out not out robbing!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A girl got away from the crash, in another car. Didn't know that till this morning. The other four teens should be held until they are 18 and tried as adults. Unlikely to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

How am i part of the problem? I wasnt in on it

That's an interesting take. You weren't in on it. There's about 13000 Gardaí, the vast majority of which had nothing to do with McCabe, Templemore or any of the other stuff. Yet you don't seem to have an issue with treating all Gardaí as if they were in on it. Why else would you be posting about that stuff in a thread about a car crash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

16-year-old due in court after crash on N7 following Athy burglary

Teenager (16) due to appear before court following burglary
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/teenager-16-due-to-appear-before-court-following-burglary-36443669.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

16-year-old due in court after crash on N7 following Athy burglary

Teenager (16) due to appear before court following burglary
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/teenager-16-due-to-appear-before-court-following-burglary-36443669.html
    Prepare for a good wrist slapping kiddo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Omackeral wrote: »
    Looks like it's working.

not on me and i'd imagine not on you. we aren't alone either so we can be greatful for that.

Whoosh!!!

Let me help. Dumb has a silent "b" at the end. You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That's an interesting take. You weren't in on it. There's about 13000 Gardaí, the vast majority of which had nothing to do with McCabe, Templemore or any of the other stuff. Yet you don't seem to have an issue with treating all Gardaí as if they were in on it. Why else would you be posting about that stuff in a thread about a car crash?

1.5 MILLION faked breathe tests says there was alot of them in on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Prepare for a good wrist slapping kiddo

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/family-of-high-speed-garda-pursuit-fatality-to-sue-force-1.2409326

Last time something like this happened on M7, they only got 5 years...and the guards were sued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No it doesn't.
    One person pushing a computer button could record that in a second.

No it doesn't.
    One person pushing a computer button could record that in a second.

Or Gardai around the country were too lazy to go out and test people, so they just pretended that they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

splinter65 wrote: »
    She’s the mother of 2 small children.
    I wonder do TUSLA know that she has an intellectual Disabilty?

Are TUSLA obliged to know about that and if so to what end?

• Advertisement

Or Gardai around the country were too lazy to go out and test people, so they just pretended that they were.
    Either way.
    If you actually read some of the reports on the contraversies you would see that many garda said they ticked boxes for having done tests simply because the burden of work didn't allow them time to get it done.
    I would say its a manpower and system problem rather than a lazy one but obviously some of them are lazy.

Either way.
    If you actually read some of the reports on the contraversies you would see that many garda said they ticked boxes for having done tests simply because the burden of work didn't allow them time to get it done.
    I would say its a manpower and system problem rather than a lazy one but obviously some of them are lazy.

Well they were hardly going to say, "Hey we were too lazy to do it, so we just ticked the boxes"

Must be true if the accused says so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What exactly has this got to do with the N7 robbery gang crash? Nothing? Something? What’s your point exactly?

What exactly has this got to do with the N7 robbery gang crash? Nothing? Something? What’s your point exactly?

Haven't a clue. That's the way the thread was going so I added my 2 cents.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Are TUSLA obliged to know about that and if so to what end?

I would hope that someone would be watching out for small children whose mother has learning difficulties.
    It’s not an ideal situation for either them or her.
    Being a mother is stressful enough without having difficulties making the correct desicions.
    A social worker doing little spot checks every so often would seem sensible.
    Of course if you turn out to be the type of mother who practically wrestled a loaded gun off your father, points it at someone, pulls the trigger and shoots a woman and baby, then I think your children shouldn’t have to tolerate you for one second longer, or maybe you don’t agree?

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue. That's the way the thread was going so I added my 2 cents.

So it has nothing to do with it. You wanted to point out that these Garda don’t deserve any credit for stopping a dangerous gang who are terrifying old people, because some Garda are no good at their job.
    Is that fair?
    Or do you think that the dangerous gang should be allowed to go about their business because the cops are pigs?

Something like there was a f**k up with computer records so feral scum get a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Something like there was a f**k up with computer records so feral scum get a pass.

Seriously doubt the 16 year old driver was one of those 1.5 million breath tests...that would have made them 14 at the time....the guards would've called him them out on that and wouldn't have covered it up.. bit of a strange argument? :confused::confused:

So it has nothing to do with it. You wanted to point out that these Garda don’t deserve any credit for stopping a dangerous gang who are terrifying old people, because some Garda are no good at their job.
    Is that fair?
    Or do you think that the dangerous gang should be allowed to go about their business because the cops are pigs?

Go back to the start and read the thread before talking nonsense. I never once said they don't deserve credit for yesterday, I didn't bring up the breathe tests either, I simply replied to a post about them. Jog on.

FionnK86 wrote: »

Seriously doubt the 16 year old driver was one of those 1.5 million breath tests...that would have made them 14 at the time....the guards would've called him them out on that and wouldn't have covered it up.. bit of a strange argument? :confused::confused:

I was clearly not talking about the actual scumbag being one of those breath tests.

More like the anti Gardai brigade are arguing that AGS = bad; scum in car = victims.

It'd be no real loss to society if this little scumbags were all killed in the crash. I hope they aren't as lucky next time.

No doubt these pieces of dirt will be out robbing again in a few months.

Hopefully the innocent people caught up in this crash are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Not sure if this has been mentioned already on the thread but isn't it about time that these, and any other scrote being picked up for similar crimes and subsequently released due to overcrowded prisons, should be fitted with a tracking device to keep tabs on them - any future crimes committed can easily be traced time and location wise to them. Either that or just peg them off the cliffs of Moher now to save the already overburdened tax payers a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Not sure if this has been mentioned already on the thread but isn't it about time that these, and any other scrote being picked up for similar crimes and subsequently released due to overcrowded prisons, should be fitted with a tracking device to keep tabs on them - any future crimes committed can easily be traced time and location wise to them. Either that or just peg them off the cliffs of Moher now to save the already overburdened tax payers a few quid

A single bullet would be a very cost efficient way of dealing with them.

A question for the bleeding heart brigade here. Has there been any notable examples of an individual who has dozens of convictions for various types of crime from a young age who successfully "turned their life around" and became productive positive members of society?

I would happily support a policy of mandatory sterilisation of anyone who accumulates 5 criminal convictions. It would certainly reduce the scroate gene pool over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's one of them out on bail already.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/teen-16-appears-in-court-on-charges-relating-to-n7-crash-36444003.html
    There was no objection to bail based on strict conditions agreed with the defendant's barrister Gerard Kennedy (BL).

The youth was released on his own bond of €100. He also has to carry a phone with him on which Gardai can contact him at any time.

He has to observe a curfew between 9pm and 8am and sign on daily at Tallaght garda station between 4pm and 6pm daily.

The judge also made it a condition of bail that he not drive any vehicle for which a licence is required.

He is due back before Athy court on January 9.

Another of the youths arrested in the same incident was released on Thursday night with a file being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

A second youth remained in garda custody today.

The third youth who was injured remains in hospital.

sligojoek wrote: »

I am sure all bail conditions will be strictly adhered to by this unfortunate youth.

I suppose the "hard upbringing" and wheeling the local priest in for support will occur when sentencing comes around.

And the revolving door of "justice" will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Negative_G wrote: »
    I am sure all bail conditions will be strictly adhered to by this unfortunate youth.

I suppose the "hard upbringing" and wheeling the local priest in for support will occur when sentencing comes around.

....as will the robberies and violence towards vulnerable elderly folks up and down the country.

Comhra wrote: »

....as will the robberies and violence towards vulnerable elderly folks up and down the country.

Who have just been told "you aren't as important as scum who break the law"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That's nothing to do with this.

If anything the fake breath test are to do with the Garda press office and the media's fascination with headline sensationalist figures.

They should use same reporting as speed camera vans xx hours of monitoring for drivers over the limit. Whether that means 5 being tested in 5 hours or 500 in five hours I don't care. Most traffic gardai can sniff out a potential drunk driver fairly well.

At the end of the day gardai in the most part do a very good job but they are let down by the bail system, soem fo the judiciary and the BS that solicitors give about their "clients"

He doesn’t know any priests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

There was a robbery in my area about two years ago now. Just a premises broken into. A person driving by witnessed it and they saw two kids who were about 12 breaking into the building whilst an older man presumably their dad waited in the car. I could never have imagined being in this postilion at that age or how I would have reacted. It actually really upsets me that kids can be left in such an environment. Your family are meant to bring you on nice days out not out robbing!

It's the batman culture amongst certain traveller familys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    It's the batman culture amongst certain traveller familys

What does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

sligojoek wrote: »

Zaidan is one of the few judges that does not suffer fools and has no issue giving prison sentences for shoplifters, burglars and other scum. In the same vein if youi have a GENUINE excuse for an offence he can be very lenient, but he is one of the few that sees through the BS that solicitors present and its why crime in south kildare has dropped considerably in the past few years.

Pity all the judiciary were not of the same ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A question for the bleeding heart brigade here. Has there been any notable examples of an individual who has dozens of convictions for various types of crime from a young age who successfully "turned their life around" and became productive positive members of society?

I would happily support a policy of mandatory sterilisation of anyone who accumulates 5 criminal convictions. It would certainly reduce the scroate gene pool over time.

well first of all, there is no such thing as "the bleeding heart brigade"
    secondly, murdering people and forced sterilisation aren't going to happen in ireland. they most likely breach international and human rights law.
    thirdly, unless some form of survey has been done, none of us are going to know how many, if any, of those who have had multiple previous convictions have turned their lives around and got the message that they cannot commit crime.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

secondly, murdering people and forced sterilisation aren't going to happen in ireland. they most likely breach international and human rights law.
    thirdly, unless some form of survey has been done, none of us are going to know how many, if any, of those who have had multiple previous convictions have turned their lives around and got the message that they cannot commit crime.

There is.
    It should.
    You’re wrong.

• Advertisement

Nope. You're wrong. Again.

I'm just back from a meeting of the Bleeding Heart Brigade. My turn to bring biscuits.

The PC brigade meet Mondays, so they're not back till the 8th .

I agree with you but it's not fair to blacken all travellers as being criminals which is what seems to be happening on many threads.
    I actually know of a woman traveller who took kids with her to different towns stealing from shops. She would fill a shopping trolley full and get one of the kids to push it out to the car while pretending to be still shopping herself. If the kids were caught she would say she told them to stay at the checkout but if they got away with it then the items were sold in her local community. The children were too young to be prosecuted but she was teaching them how to get away with crime.
    The reason she was caught is because some decent travellers told the local garda what she was doing when she tried to involve their children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Damn shame the car didn't hit a tree killing all four of them.
    Four less scumbags to deal with going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

PandaPoo wrote: »
    What does that mean?

You know. Travellers... batman... it's obvious :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I see the usual suggestions of mass murder, "ethnic cleansing", forced eugenics, hang em high judging and assorted hi-jinks are all here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

The reason she was caught is because SOME DECENT TRAVELLERS told the local garda what she was doing when she tried to involve their children.

Hahaha, you said
    SOME DECENT TRAVELLERS.......
    Hahaha.... they probably reported her because their cut wasn't big enough.

• Advertisement

There most certainly is, your post history supports it.

What about the human rights of the people who's lives are turned upside down because of these scumbags? Are you going to stand up for their rights or just the scroats.

Okay, so you cant quote a survey or study, so lets refer to the umpteen amounts of criminals that we see in the media with dozens of previous convictions for various crimes. Clearly the system is broken and the softly softly approach taken by the bleeding heart/PC brigade and the judiciary in Ireland needs serious overhaul.

I couldn't give a fcuk about the perceived human rights of someone who prey on innocent people who just want to go about their own business. I would argue that most would agree that you forfeit these once you make the decision to act and behave like a scumbag.

People like you are contribute significantly to the social problems in Ireland and elsewhere. Your absolute inability to accept peoples wrong doings is laughable. The only way people that share your perspective will ever learn is when you are on the receiving end of it.

You have been found out and exposed on after hours numerous times on various topics and your posts contribute nothing except to get a rise and troll others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What about the human rights of the people who's lives are turned upside down because of these scumbags? Are you going to stand up for their rights or just the scroats.

Okay, so you cant quote a survey or study, so lets refer to the umpteen amounts of criminals that we see in the media with dozens of previous convictions for various crimes. Clearly the system is broken and the softly softly approach taken by the bleeding heart/PC brigade and the judiciary in Ireland needs serious overhaul.

I couldn't give a fcuk about the perceived human rights of someone who prey on innocent people who just want to go about their own business. I would argue that most would agree that you forfeit these once you make the decision to act and behave like a scumbag.

People like you are contribute significantly to the social problems in Ireland and elsewhere. Your absolute inability to accept peoples wrong doings is laughable. The only way people that share your perspective will ever learn is when you are on the receiving end of it.

You have been found out and exposed on after hours numerous times on various topics and your posts contribute nothing except to get a rise and troll others.

Be nice if it was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So its better to just pretend these things didnt happen and that nobody is being held accountable?

How am i part of the problem? I wasnt in on it

I wont report you, Id rather listen to you try make a defense

This thread is not about anything else that happened. It’s about scumbags causing an accident but you chose to make it into something else so that you could have a dig at the Gardai. Start or continue with the threads already on that topic and quit being so bloody minded to try and find a negative in everything.

Mod-Banned.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Be nice if it was true.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/family-helped-tackle-criminal-who-had-travelled-from-dublin-to-cork-to-carry-out-burglary-spree-36430405.html

Care to comment on this story? I would be interested to hear how you would deal with someone like this in the long run to benefit wider society.

It probably doesn't suit your agenda so Ill highlight a few bits for you to keep it simple.
    A DUBLIN-based criminal with multiple burglary convictions is being questioned in a west Cork Garda Station following an aggravated robbery which left a man in his 50s injured.
    It is understood the man demanded cash before striking the householder over the head with a cane.
    The man is well known to Gardaí.
    He has a large number of convictions, mostly for theft and related offences, in the greater Dublin area.
    Detectives believe the man travelled from Dublin to west Cork specifically for the purpose of conducting a series of raids on homes with cash and gifts collected for the festive season being the primary target.

All of the above point to a softly softly approach from the judiciary reinforced by bleeding hearts in the public and in the Dail.

I couldn't care less about his background or childhood. The moment you step into someone's home and strike them over the head with an object is the moment something drastic needs to be done. If draconian methods like sterilisation or execution is the only sure fire way, then it gets my vote.

I suspect crime rates would plummet overnight. I wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Let me take this one please.
    There has to be rule of law and if our system is broken it needs to be fixed.
    In yesterday's case the guards have done their job.
    If the legal system lets us ALL down then that is the problem that needs to be tackled.

Serious crime needs to be punished and the background of the offender should make no difference.
    I do not find End of the Roads posts trolling I think like me he sees that mindless angry rants and spewing hate leeds us nowhere.

I grew up in a council estate and I have never been involved in any criminal or antisocial activity but I do grant there is higher crime in these areas.
    Should I be discriminated against as a result.
    I see plenty of Tallaght bashing on the internet.

I have seen posts in this thread about forced sterilization a single bullet and so on.
    Do the people posting this really think any of that is a realistic prospect?

In my opening post that started this thread I described the people in the car and scum and nobody objected.
    I singled out people commiting crime and I do believe they should be properly dealt with by the legal system and I don't think End of the Road nor anybody else would object in the slightest.

We need to keep discussions calm and rational we are all meant to be adults afterall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement