Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R End of Year Awards 2017 - Race of the Year

• 28-12-2017 10:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Only have polls for some of these as others are clear winners or got no nominations :)

Polls close in a week.

Race of the Year 47 votes

Donadea 50K
    0% 0 votes
    DCM
    21% 10 votes
    National XC
    46% 22 votes
    National Outdoors Santry
    4% 2 votes
    Charleville Half Marathon
    2% 1 vote
    BHAA Dunboyne
    25% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I voted for Charleville, mainly because I didn't get to run many of the others but I also think it has to potential to be the next Ballycotton type event and is bringing a really competitive field to race in Munster and is definitely a race on the up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

While I have never ran it, I have volunteered at the Donadea 50k the past three years and it is a race with a special atmosphere and a real good feel about it. It's runs smoothly as clockwork and while he's a cantankerous SOB the organiser puts on a superb race so it gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Voting for National Outdoors here is like voting for an independent in the US Presidential election. Throwing my vote away. But will stick to my guns. The only place where the best athletes in Ireland compete in the same place on the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Voting for National Outdoors here is like voting for an independent in the US Presidential election. Throwing my vote away. But will stick to my guns. The only place where the best athletes in Ireland compete in the same place on the same day.

But that's not one particular race,. I would say XC was more competitive than any one race at national seniors this year

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Lougheee

Dunboyne 5 Mile is the greatest race here. Cup of tea and a PB, and half the field wins a hamper in the scout den it seems. All for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mass participation races are naturally going to swing favour in votes like this, in theory, you're voting for a race you ran/were involved in. So the likes of DCM will always attract more votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Lougheee wrote: »
    Dunboyne 5 Mile is the greatest race here. Cup of tea and a PB, and half the field wins a hamper in the scout den it seems. All for a tenner.
    And don't forget the ice cream this year too! :P:P

Advertisement