Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning to DJ in the North West

• 29-12-2017 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi folks,

I've recently moved to the North West and I'd like to finally get proactive with something I've wanted to try for what seems like an eternity: DJing. Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere (or someone) this side of the country (Sligo/Leitrim/Longford) where I could learn the basics and progress from there. Aside from messing around with a Hercules DJ Console RMX controller that I recently acquired off a friend, I have zilch experience.

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hi folks,

I've recently moved to the North West and I'd like to finally get proactive with something I've wanted to try for what seems like an eternity: DJing. Does anyone have any recommendations of somewhere (or someone) this side of the country (Sligo/Leitrim/Longford) where I could learn the basics and progress from there. Aside from messing around with a Hercules DJ Console RMX controller that I recently acquired off a friend, I have zilch experience.

Thanks a mill!

Tbh, you should save your money and use youtube instead, absolutel gazillions of people doing tutorials there and it's free. Check out ellaskins (if he's still around), he tends to be the go to guy for people starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 .nosferatu.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Tbh, you should save your money and use youtube instead, absolutel gazillions of people doing tutorials there and it's free. Check out ellaskins (if he's still around), he tends to be the go to guy for people starting off.

Cheers for the response. I'll follow your suggestion and see how I get on

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Definitely would second ellaskins on youtube.

Other sites worth checking out are digitaldjtips.com and djtechtools.com / Both have great youtube tutorials (some paid options on digitaldjtips)

Advertisement