Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir email on iPad: what are the correct settings?

Options
  • 29-12-2017 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got my dad an iPad for Xmas and ran into bother trying to put his Eir email on it. Basically I followed the instructions at

https://community.eir.ie/webmail-326/setting-up-email-on-my-iphone-6-261762

Which didn’t work, unfortunately. Would someone with working Eir mail on their iPad mind posting their settings please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hiya,

Put in your name and email, then for the incoming connection:

Host Name: webmail.eircom.net
    Username: **your email**
    Password: **your password **

Outgoing:

Host Name: mail1.eircom.net
    Username: **your email **
    Password: **your password**

That should work for you, mind you I havent seen the manual mail add on the new IOS, if it is different screenshot and send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Hiya,

Put in your name and email, then for the incoming connection:

Host Name: webmail.eircom.net
    Username: **your email**
    Password: **your password **

Outgoing:

Host Name: mail1.eircom.net
    Username: **your email **
    Password: **your password**

That should work for you, mind you I havent seen the manual mail add on the new IOS, if it is different screenshot and send it back.

Thanks a mil, but that didn’t work unfortunately. It just took ages trying to verify and then suggested that my details were incorrect.

He is on the latest iOS but the fields you mentioned were still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

brophs wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, but that didn’t work unfortunately. It just took ages trying to verify and then suggested that my details were incorrect.

Is SSL on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

brophs wrote: »

Thats odd, unless they updated their server addresses. Perhaps post in the talk to eir forum and they might be able to help !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Davy wrote: »
    Is SSL on?

It went through the verification process and once that failed offered me the chance to try with SSL disabled, but same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Did you drop the “@eircom.net” from the username as I don’t think it needs the full email address as the username.

Also, it can be a bit buggy on cellular on my iPhone when trying to get mail as it can hang. Wifi is fine. Turning airplane mode on and off sometimes fixes the hanging when getting mail on cellular data.

Advertisement