Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoneDeal - bank transfer hoax? Help!

Options
  • 29-12-2017 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently just agreed to pay for a drone on DoneDeal with a bank transfer, as the seller was adamant that it is the fastest and safest way to go about it. Anyway we were in contact a couple of day after I put in the bank transfer up until today when I went to check DoneDeal for an update from your man on posting the drone, all I was faced with was ‘this ad has been removed’. My heart is broken please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I recently just agreed to pay for a drone on DoneDeal with a bank transfer, as the seller was adamant that it is the fastest and safest way to go about it. Anyway we were in contact a couple of day after I put in the bank transfer up until today when I went to check DoneDeal for an update from your man on posting the drone, all I was faced with was ‘this ad has been removed’. My heart is broken please help!

When I sell something I remove the advert.

Email or ring him if you still have his no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

Contact the seller. Call him or email him. If there is no reply then report it to Done Deal they will advise you on the next steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi WireMan2017,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

I would advise you firstly to contact DoneDeal to see can you raise a dispute through themselves. 

You can email the DoneDeal team on hello@donedeal.ie and they will advise you on the steps you need to take as there is a section on their website under the heading 'Scam watch' that will also provide you with more information.

Also I would advise that you submit your query through the online service desk when logged into 365 online with the amount and date of the transfer and an advisor will be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement