Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot iCloud password

Options
  • 29-12-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I have the missus my old iPhone 5s but she’s forgotten her iCloud password. We have gone thru the ‘Forget Password’ thing numerous times, she’s got the text with the code, entered it and was told to wait up to 6 days and another text will be sent. After 6 days we check but it brings us back to the very start. We’ve tried 7/8 times but still the same problem.
    Anyone any ideas as she can’t download or update any apps and all her contacts are gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Go to the find iPhone app. Click on forgot Apple ID or password and follow the process there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You can also call Apple - if you give them enough background information, and answer their questions correctly, they'll be able to reset the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I went through the account recovery process - and got an email saying ill receive a text or call on Jan. 11th to reset my password ?
    is this normal ?

At this stage im about to just jailbreak my phone and get all my apps for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I went through the account recovery process - and got an email saying ill receive a text or call on Jan. 11th to reset my password ?
    is this normal ?

At this stage im about to just jailbreak my phone and get all my apps for free...
    Yes. It is. Your account has two factor authentication. And it can take weeks to unlock.

OP if you have a trusted device. You can reset the password within 1minute in that.maybe your misses phone is a trusted device or if she has any other apple devices she might be able to do on on those. Go to settings,her name>Password and security> change password(if it asks for a password that device isn’t a trusted device) another thing that could be stopping it from working is if you put into recovery mode and she starts using a trusted device. Apple will then stop recovery mode

Advertisement