Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert/ Gig Photography

• 29-12-2017 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I really need someone's help on this!

I'm looking to start shooting gigs in Dublin City. Looking to get some sort of portfolio together to hopefully progress into shooting concerts and gigs a bit more regularly.

Who do I talk to though?

Where do I start?

Do I contact bands directly, organisers, promoters?

If anyone has past experience or has the know how on this matter, please enlighten me!

Much thanks in advance!

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Innisfallen

Your best bet is approach small bands, ask can you cover their gigs, then start pitching to publications once you have a half decent portfolio.

Promoters/venues/tour managers won’t talk to you unless you have a publication backing the pass request. Also, it’s incredible fun, but music photography is a labour of love (unless you work from with label).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xwolfhaleyx

Thats great! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xwolfhaleyx

Ah thank you! Yes I've heard it can be tough to make any sort of living from it, but to be honest, I love photography, I love music, I would be delighted to do it as a side thing just for fun! Thank you so much for the help! :)

Advertisement