Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air canada

Options
  • 29-12-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Have usually flown with aerlingus to Toronto with good results, just wondering what air Canada is like to fly with to Toronto. I flew with air Canada rouge once and it's not for me. From what I've heard air Canada usually have long delays both leaving Dublin and leaving Toronto. Has anyone had good experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Air Canada mainline are no better or worse than any other airline. The Dublin-Toronto route was operated by Air Canada Rouge until October, has since switched to the mainline.

horse7 wrote: »
    Have usually flown with aerlingus to Toronto with good results, just wondering what air Canada is like to fly with to Toronto. I flew with air Canada rouge once and it's not for me. From what I've heard air Canada usually have long delays both leaving Dublin and leaving Toronto. Has anyone had good experiences with them?

I flew to Dublin on Dec 15th and back to Toronto on Dec 29th

There was a delay of about an hour on the way to Dublin, service great, free alcohol, food was worse than usual for plane food I thought

On the way back to Toronto...3 hour delay in Dublin, another 40 mins on the plane waiting to take off. Again great service, again food below par. We are about 30 mins away from Toronto and the Captain says we cannot land because of the weather, we circled for about 40 mins longer, they said we might have to divert but luckily got in to Toronto.

Waited an hour and 20 mins for the bags to reach the carousel and then when my bag did come the handle was all busted and I had a very awkward time getting out of the airport with it. I looked at their policy on damaged luggage and instantly knew it was more trouble that its worth so took it apart and fixed it myself.

Obviously this experience is partly due to the time of the year and weather and luck. On the damaged bag front, these things happen, I just had an unlucky day (the UP express I got on wouldnt start and took 30 mins to get going!)

All their staff were excellent and the entertainment was decent enough. Much of a muchness between them and Aer Lingus on this route I would say. Although I dont think Aer Lingus offer unlimited free alcohol? I could be wrong.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks for the reply. The free drink is not something I'm interested in, the food is better on the aerlingus flight and I've done a daily check on the flights from Pearson airport to Dublin,and while aerlingus is running on time air Canada is running one to three hour delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Yeah just be careful you don't make a typo when filling in passenger name. They would not let me remove an extra T from a passenger name, instead I had to book a whole new flight and now am waiting 8 - 12 weeks for a refund of the original flight less $150CAD

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Has anyone experience flying with Air Canda from Shannon? Was Air Canada operating on this route last year? Im looking to book and theres about 150 in the difference between aer lingus (from Dublin) and air canada, just wondering if they are okay to fly with? Is this route operated by Air Canada Rogue or the mainline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

have had some very bad experiences with Air Canada on previous trips, always delayed and not great service. Aer Lingus worth the extra money in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

ended up booking aer lingus
    JonnyF wrote: »
    have had some very bad experiences with Air Canada on previous trips, always delayed and not great service. Aer Lingus worth the extra money in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

We flew with air canada rouge and it was grand. Basic food and had to pay for alcohol but was cheaper than AL for us. Credit card only, luckily though sound old ladies in front took our canadian cash and got our beers on the AIB CC.

Advertisement