Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage signature

• 29-12-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

My Ex and I re mortgaged our property in 2008 to purchase a holiday home and clear debts.The thing is when it came to signing the mortgage I went to the solicitors office and signed while my Ex couldn’t make it due work commitments.She made arrangements with the solicitor to send the Docs home with me as they are good friends .Fast forward to a breakup in 2014 .I move out to another house and she stays with our two kids and pays the mortgage as per judicial Seperation agreement The mortgage was in arrears before our split due to a house fire and she stops paying the mortgage in 2015 moves her new partner in and pays nothing, the bank then start calling me.The mortgage is with Sprinboard ( now mars Capital) and they have summoned me and her to court in January for repossession proceedings .She will probably say to the Judge that a fraud has been committed The question is my Ex is now claiming the mortgage was obtained fraudently and that it’s not her signature on the mortgage and that the fraud is my doing .We have not had an acrimonious split and it seems to me that it suits her agenda .where do I stand in all of this ?.I guess the solicitor should have got her to come in but the money was spent on the second home as it’s accounted for and she signed for that one !.Any thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭daheff

Is her signature on the document or just yours?

If hers is on the document then she has no cause to call fraud (even if she does). Any half decent solicitor will tell her to cop herself on and not say its not her signature in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raven123456

We spent the re mortgage money on another home and paying off some of her loans etc .2 signatures on the document

Advertisement