Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing -where in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Hi, by dancing do you mean a nightclub type place for 40+ or something like ballroom dancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Somewhere we can dance, but also talk and not be deafened... We're not 60 yet, and we never learned old-timey dances like walzing/foxtrot etc - that was our parents' generation... in their 80s and beyond now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

So - where can middle-aged people go to dance in Dublin? Anyone know?
    I'd really like to dance again - but where?

Rain nightclub portobello. McGowans in phibsbhrough. Louder is bond in Harcourt Street. These are places of 35 and above. The black door also. .

That's very kind of you! (Although when I say middle-aged.... I mean the later end of the middle! :D

Actually, anywhere that's not over-crowded - I know that's unlikely - not deafening, but a good night out for a couple in their 50s who would like something different to do in the evenings in Dublin, that isn't the IFI or going for a meal.

Burlesque is good, cabaret is good, think we're off to a Renegade Cabaret this weekend, live music is good (still haven't managed to get to see Truly Divine yet), small and inventive theatre shows, spoken word stuff, circus, dance, any suggestions are welcome.

I've spent a year at home and more, exhausted after nursing mother in her final months. (Took me well over a year to get back to normal energy levels) And so I'm HUNGERING for a bit of craic and culture.

Just heard about the D8 Soul Club, not monthly but might be gas: https://www.eventbrite.ie/o/d8-soul-club-10739233067

• Advertisement
Advertisement