Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal ban from Politics

Options
  • 30-12-2017 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I was banned from Politics for a ridiculous reason, for a minor typo that wasn't even that bad, meanwhile you let crazy people run wild and spew all kinds of lies! This is the problem with the world today, crazy people yell about real news and call it Fake News, while they are spewing the fake news. And how do they get away with it, because there are people like ancapailldorcha that enable them!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Firstly if you wish to use this thread to have a dig at the moderator that banned you, your appeal will not progress

Secondly, have you followed the procedure set out at the head of the forum? ie, have you discussed this with the banning mod and have you failed to reach agreement directly with the mod? Again your appeal will not proceed unless you follow the process set out

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I'm not trying to have a dig at the Mod, I'm Very angry over this nonsense, but no dig was intended. Yes, I did respond to the Mod last night, he sent back a quick reply, which I immediately replied to, but now 24 hours later and no further response from the Mod. Hence I've posted here!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The appeals process is here to deal with any perceived unfair or incorrect mod actions involving a card or ban. If you've attempted to resolve your dispute with no success I'll ask a Politics CMod to have a look at this for you. Be prepared to share your PM discussion disputing the ban with the CMod

Thanks

Thanks. I'll gladly share, just tell me what to do. Still no reply.

Still no update, my ban will be over before any appeal is rendered.

• Advertisement

It's the weekend. Mods are not around all the time. I appreciate that in the context of a relatively short ban like this it may be little comfort if the ban expires before the appeal is dealt with. We can though make a note on your account if the ban is overturned so no-one takes it into account should you find yourself facing mod action again.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I can take a look at this OP - can you link me to the post in question and also forward on any pm exchanges you had with the mod?

Thanks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Seamusfx, I've read your PM's that you sent on. I've also read the thread particularly from the posts you specified.

I'll refer you to your previous DRP. And the one before that.

They are exactly the same as this one - you throw out emotive language, throw around accusations and snide digs/personal abuse at other posters. In doing so, you knowingly break multiple rules in the Politics Charter, as outlined in the two previous DRP's.

In the few posts that on this current thread, you've called a poster delusional, deliberately misspelled his username in order to personally insult him, (you've done this before, so it's a thing for you - I'll refer you to the second hyperlink in this post where you called King Brian King Brainless.)

You also called him a racist, wannabe millionaire, and you appear to be showing no sign whatsoever of a) adhering to the Politics Charter, or b) toning down your style of posting in order to have a civil debate.

Therefore, I'm upholding the ban.

Hello Neyite

It's unfortunate you feel that way, but maybe you should re-read my posts. I didn't call the other user a racist or any type of a terrible person, all I said was, someone who so strongly supports Trump must be: "either a Big anti-abortion, anti-gay, racist or wannabe millionaire." I hope he is just a strong anti-abortion advocate, but he never answered that. Please don't put words in my mouth or make any assumptions. As far as the KKK thing, I honestly thought that was his username and I suspect he may have chosen that for a reason, possibly as bait. You also didn't comment about the nasty things he said. As far as the other ban, that was over a year ago and also very mild compared to many things said here. I find it very sad, that in a world of alternative facts, I'm being persecuted for telling the truth.

Funny how you only spelled my user name wrong when I upheld your DRP and not when you were forwarding the pm exchange with the mod in the hopes that I'd overturn the DRP.

You've proved my point.

Anyway, I'm not going to re-read your posts. I've already read then thoroughly. I'm upholding the ban and if you want to challenge that, you should request an admin review. But you know this already.

• Advertisement

Neyite,

I only spelled your name wrong because I typed it on my phone and autocorrect changed it to Nettie without my noticing it. It just happened again, but I corrected it. Please type it on an iPhone and see what it changes Neyite to! I didnt even know what Nettie means, but a quick Google tells me it's a slang word for a user of the internet, so not really a derogatory name anyway. If you read my last message and posts, you'd see I didn't call the other user anything bad, I just listed some of the types that I feel support Trump, most are bad, but not all and I didn't allocate any towards him. Why is everyone so jumpy about typos, considering all the real vile things many people are saying, including the US president!

Do you want an Admin review?

Yes, I'd like that.
    Thanks!

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I was banned from Politics for a ridiculous reason, for a minor typo that wasn't even that bad, meanwhile you let crazy people run wild and spew all kinds of lies! This is the problem with the world today, crazy people yell about real news and call it Fake News, while they are spewing the fake news. And how do they get away with it, because there are people like ancapailldorcha that enable them!
    Your OP is very telling - you are essentially saying you think that connecting someone with the Klu Klux Klan "wasn't even that bad" - seriously?

I have little doubt it was deliberate and your true colours showed once again with your disrespectful reference to the CMod, in the same way you were disrespectful to the mod in the OP

That's 6 mod actions at a rate of one every 45 posts or so. I think any more of this behaviour in Politics would certainly warrant a much longer ban, and if we see much more of it across the site you may find yourself subject to site-wide sanctions

Ban upheld

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement