Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin "safe zone" for women on NYE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I take it that as the good Irishman that you are, Totally appalled at the Halawa sisters suing the state because we are too slow in processing their visa applications, well are you?

i have no issue with it. the courts will decide if their case has merrit or not. if it doesn't have merrit then so be it. if it does then so be it.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The apologists are clutching at straws and trying to rile up posters on here so they can hit the report button on posters and themthread band yet they seem to get away with calling posters racists and Bigots.

I've repeatedly had someone call me a bullsh1tter. Loads of people thanked those posts. Not one person would actually provide any evidence. I didn't report that person. I asked them over and over again to back up their claim.

So you might want to hold off on your accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My scorn toward Islam relates to it's fundamental reluctance to evolve. For many centuries Ireland followed the dogma of Catholicism, but yet, despite what it's most vocal critics might claim, Catholicism adapted, it evolved, it's not perfect and there's a ways to go but thankfully you'll now have more difficulty finding a young Catholic who harbours bigotry toward the LGBT community.

For many centuries now the Middle East has been at war with both itself and the outside world, and so I can absolutely comprehend why so many wish to flee to Europe, but I don't believe a single refugee should be allowed entry to Europe unless they are openly willing to discard Islam's most homophobic and mysoginist beliefs.

This is not religious conversion, this is a call for Islam to evolve.

To be fair Islam is the literal word of God. It can't evolve in the same way that Christianity did.

To be fair Islam is the literal word of God. It can't evolve in the same way that Christianity did.

of course it can. christianity, jewdaeism, and so on are all the word of god.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

of course it can. christianity, jewdaeism, and so on are all the word of god.

Wrong.

Wrong.

the jews and christians and all other religions say otherwise.

Wrong.

the jews and christians and all other religions say otherwise.

Christ on a bike;

Muslims believe the Koran is the LITERAL word of God.

Christians believe the bible was written by the apostles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Shenshen wrote: »
    If women's rights is your main concern, German society has actually improved significantly thanks to immigration, in a very sad and twisted way.

In December 2015, what happened in Cologne was not in fact illegal. Sexual assault was defined as someone being touched against their will while being held by significant force or threat to life. What happened on the Domplatte was not, as per German law, sexual assault. Despite decades of campaigning by women's rights activists (since the 1970s, as far as I recall), the German legislators never saw a need to fix that.
    They did finally change that law in 2016, though.

Thinking back to all the efforts we went to to try and raise awareness, and to try and get legislation in place that made groping someone in a crowded public space an actual, prosecuteable offense, I now do wonder if we should have shouted "But Muslims!" a lot sooner.

It's funny how the right wing brigade only took up this fight when immigrants started benefiting from the law.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    You'll be accused of being delighted that that happened probably. Same way some are accused of being delighted when an Islamic terror attack occurs.

Yes, yes. Just like the evil loberals are accused of being delighted when a terrorist turns out to be white. Oh woe is us. We are all such victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Christ on a bike;

You won’t get anywhere there with facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Christ on a bike;

Open to honest correction here, but AFAIK Christians only believe the New Testament was written by the Apostles.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

they should hand out free tasers to the women, once 2 or 3 of the perpetrators get zapped, the word would soon get around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I will copy this handy little explanation to Notepad and just reiterate it for people who have trouble following my pint in future, which for some incredible reason seemto be a lot of people who otherwise seem to be able to master the English tongue just fine otherwise, it's just so strange...

Great pint Mr Speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

they should hand out free tasers to the women, once 2 or 3 of the perpetrators get zapped, the word would soon get around.

My wife has a work mate who pepper sprayed one of them during carnival last year in Düsseldorf. Himself and his mates were getting too close for comfort and her skirt was pulled at and lifted and she was affraid they would make a grab for her handbag.

She contacted the police, identified the accused and tried to take it to court. Case was thrown out of court after it was claimed she hit on the young lad and made advances on him. He had 5 other lads to back up his story....Judge more or less told her I know you are telling me the truth, however I have contradicting statements and its 5 against 1 in this case.

He dropped the assault charge taken against her for pepper spraying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Germany has really ****ed itself. A small army of police try to protect a NYE celebration and there are still assaults on women who ventured outside the rape free zones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Germany has really ****ed itself. A small army of police try to protect a NYE celebration and there are still assaults on women who ventured outside the rape free zones.

Germany has enriched itself.....multi-cultural living, only doctors, engineers and highly educated people arrived......in Merkels dreams.

A return to the stone age is on the cards.

Add to that the strain the influx of 1,8 million refugees has had and is still havong on the health system and pension system and you know how wonderful Merkels " everyone is welcome policy" is. And now she is considering letting families be reunited in Germany...hence one of the reasons her coalition negotiations broke down with FDP.

• Advertisement

Christ on a bike;

christ never road a bike.

they also believe it to be the word of god.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Christ on a bike;

I have actual family members who think the world is 6000 years old and that humans existed alongside dinosaurs. They believe the Bible is literally and word for word true and that is is the word of God, not open to interpretation.
    I rest my case. At least it's a better argument than "wrong" :rolleyes:
    And I don't think our Lord Jesus had access to bicycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I have actual family members who think the world is 6000 years old and that humans existed alongside dinosaurs. They believe the Bible is literally and word for word true and that is is the word of God, not open to interpretation.

Heresy!

e7eeda66006cd1bfdcbddc28284fe32c--bicycle-illustration-bike-poster.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Grayson wrote: »

And I'm not pro islam. I'm an atheist. I think all religions are nonsense. However I'm not anti muslim.

simple question for you, would you be comfortable telling a Muslim that Islam is nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

i don't defend islam. i defend innocent muslims who abide by the law yet who are being attacked because they are muslim by a small minority.
    Wow I have it all wrong, its muslims who are under attack. I must have been dreaming when I remembered all the Europeans killed by truck, bomb, knife and gun over the last 3 years. Radical muslims are the snakes and moderate muslims are the grass they hide in. 
    Look at the Paris terror suspect who walked around Brussels for months even though the locals knew who he was. 
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/19/salah-abdeslam-capture-belgium-paris-attacks
    Oh and what about this one?
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Now I dont read this liberal rag but I hope you libtards will believe this news outlet?

• Advertisement

sightband wrote: »
    simple question for you, would you be comfortable telling a Muslim that Islam is nonsense?

No. But I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that to a christian either. Not if they were nice people. I especially wouldn't say it to a random religious person unless they bothered me about the religion or initiated a debate.

If I got into a debate about it I'd say it but I'd probably be a bit more delicate about how I said it, maybe lead into it a bit more. But that goes for Christians, Muslims, everyone.
    Unless they're assholes. They would be told in a far more blunt manner.

Edited to make it a bit clearer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

ISIS kills far more Muslims than anyone else

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/10825028

https://www.indy100.com/article/isis-kill-mostly-muslims-manchester-kabul-7768751

No one wants to see radical groups defeated more than Muslims.
    And that is why this "All Muslims" hysteria just is wrong.
    Anything for my right wing knuckle dragging friends.
    My pint still stands. I'll have a Guinness.

Yours truly,

Your friendly neighbourhood Libtard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.indy100.com/article/isis-kill-mostly-muslims-manchester-kabul-7768751

Yours truly,

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/24/two-thirds-of-british-muslims-said-in-2016-poll-they-wouldnt-share-terrorist-info-with-police
    So why would two thirds of british muslims not give info to police about somebody affiliated with terrorism in syria then?

Yours truly,

HAHAHAHAHA Huffinton Post. Get f**ked with that. 
    Yes there is a civil war in islam, and I suppose I regard it like the gangland hoods killing each other, if the keep it between themselves I dont care. 

However over the last 15 years places like Saidi have poured BILLIONS into the wahhabi doctrine of islam which has built thousands of mosques accross Europe and filled them with hate preachers.  And hey presto look at the sh1t show we have now!!

If you are not aware of this I suggest some reading and if you are and you still come out with idiotic bilge then your either too stupid to understand or as I believe a willful shill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Christ on a bike;

Well first of all, he's wrong. There are a number of varieties of Islam, much like in any other religion.

Secondly, you may want to check out the, disturbingly large, Creationist Christian section of the US.

Hell, the company I work for here in Cork has 3 such Americans, who whilst extremely nice people, do literally believe the Bible to be the word of God, and truly do think that Dinosaurs lived alongside people.

Proof please.

Christ on a bike;

Wrong.... Jesus was a beast on a BMX.

Christ on a bike;

Not surprising after hearing the farcical rubbish you have posted. Its obliviously a family defect. Shallow end of the gene pool and all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

No. But I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that to a christian either. Not if they were nice people. I especially wouldn't say it to a random religious person unless they bothered me about the religion or initiated a debate.

If I got into a debate about it I'd say it but I'd probably be a bit more delicate about how I said it, maybe lead into it a bit more. But that goes for Christians, Muslims, everyone.
    Unless they're assholes. They would be told in a far more blunt manner.

Edited to make it a bit clearer.

Interesting, but do you not find that slightly intolerant? I'd call myself an anti-intolerantist, if there is such a thing. What's an asshole though in your mind, someone you disagree with and has some other belief than your own? My 72 year old mother heads off to mass daily and has done all her life...it makes her happy and I respect that even though I don't understand it, my aul lad hasn't been since probably a midnight mass that we went to twenty something years ago. I've worked extensively in countries of varying religions including Islam...and you know what I think, I couldn't give a toss, whatever floats your boat, if it makes you happy and daily you strive to better person because of it then go for it...because I tolerate their belief.

I understand, but don't respect, anti-Islamist's, or any other religion or belief system but what I have never understood is just how intolerant atheists and painful to listen, argumentative about absolutely everything. Its a belief in itself and one of the most intolerant groups of people there are who shout the loudest. "how could you possibly believe in that, look at this..." blah blah...

And please don't respond calling me a pacifist, which I've been called before, I've anger management issues with people throwing cigarette butts on the ground.

Christ on a bike;

they also believe it to be the word of god.

No, they don't. Here's a clue, they follow the New Testament, the New Testament is NOT believed to be the literal word of God and was written circa 120AD, so unless you know of any 1900 year old mother****ers who still follow the old testament, you're wrong yet again ... quell surprise.

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/24/two-thirds-of-british-muslims-said-in-2016-poll-they-wouldnt-share-terrorist-info-with-police
    So why would two thirds of british muslims not give info to police about somebody affiliated with terrorism in syria then?

That survey has come up before. Go search for the actual survey. It's really interesting. There's also a control group of non Muslims that were given the question. Less of the non Muslims said they'd go to the police.

There were also multiple answers to most questions., So although there's "go to the police" there's also "talk to them", "Talk to their family" etc.

Less muslims than non muslims chose the option "Do nothing"

No, they don't. Here's a clue, they follow the New Testament, the New Testament is NOT believed to be the literal word of God and was written circa 120AD, so unless you know of any 1900 year old mother****ers who still follow the old testament, you're wrong yet again ... quell surprise.

Christians believe it was divinely inspired. They believe those that wrote it were possessed by the holy spirit.
    Amongst that group there's two factions. One believe it is literal, they're creationists. And one believe it is metaphorical. But both believe it was directed by the hand of god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Wrong.... Jesus was a beast on a BMX.

Jesus Built My Hotrod

sightband wrote: »
    Interesting, but do you not find that slightly intolerant? I'd call myself an anti-intolerantist, if there is such a thing. What's an asshole though in your mind, someone you disagree with and has some other belief than your own? My 72 year old mother heads off to mass daily and has done all her life...it makes her happy and I respect that even though I don't understand it, my aul lad hasn't been since probably a midnight mass that we went to twenty something years ago. I've worked extensively in countries of varying religions including Islam...and you know what I think, I couldn't give a toss, whatever floats your boat, if it makes you happy and daily you strive to better person because of it then go for it...because I tolerate their belief.

I understand, but don't respect, anti-Islamist's, or any other religion or belief system but what I have never understood is just how intolerant atheists and painful to listen, argumentative about absolutely everything. Its a belief in itself and one of the most intolerant groups of people there are who shout the loudest. "how could you possibly believe in that, look at this..." blah blah...

And please don't respond calling me a pacifist, which I've been called before, I've anger management issues with people throwing cigarette butts on the ground.

I'm a secularist. I don't care what people believe so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
    My mother is about the same age and goes to mass every day. Even though the house is full of crucifixes I wouldn't say anything to her. We discuss philosophy occasionally and I tend to buy her religious philosophy books for xmas and birthdays.
    If someone who's religious wants to debate morality or ethics or theology, I'm fine with that. I had a very catholic upbringing with daily lessons is dogma and doctrine. I also spent part of my childhood in the middle east so I've always had a huge interest in middle eastern religions, history and politics. And finally I went to college just so I could study philosophy. And since it was a catholic college I'm fully versed in the philosophy of religion.
    If someone tries to convert me and I tell them no, yet they continue, they're an asshole. If someone gets offended because I'm an atheist, they're being a bit of an asshole. For me an asshole is effectively someone who I'd be unable to debate with because rather than try to counter my argument they just deny any argument exists.

But I do love a good debate about ethics or logic or the philosophy of thought. I'm such a philosophy nerd I have two issues of my favourite philosophy magazine in my bag :) (I say favourite. Really it's the only one I know of. There don't seem to be many philosophy magazines)

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Well first of all, he's wrong. There are a number of varieties of Islam, much like in any other religion.

Secondly, you may want to check out the, disturbingly large, Creationist Christian section of the US.

Hell, the company I work for here in Cork has 3 such Americans, who whilst extremely nice people, do literally believe the Bible to be the word of God, and truly do think that Dinosaurs lived alongside people.

I used to work with a load of Mormons. That's one religion I can't get my head around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

My wife has a work mate who pepper sprayed one of them during carnival last year in Düsseldorf. Himself and his mates were getting too close for comfort and her skirt was pulled at and lifted and she was affraid they would make a grab for her handbag.

She contacted the police, identified the accused and tried to take it to court. Case was thrown out of court after it was claimed she hit on the young lad and made advances on him. He had 5 other lads to back up his story....Judge more or less told her I know you are telling me the truth, however I have contradicting statements and its 5 against 1 in this case.

He dropped the assault charge taken against her for pepper spraying them.

If she had used the taser, he may not have been around to drop any charges... hence the reason they are banned I suppose. Im guessing that the courts were over-run with such cases last year.

I used to work with a load of Mormons. That's one religion I can't get my head around.
    Bigot

Wow I have it all wrong, its muslims who are under attack. I must have been dreaming when I remembered all the Europeans killed by truck, bomb, knife and gun over the last 3 years.

nutcases are attacking innocent people, whether it be islamic extremists using trucks/bombs/whatever, or far right extremists using lies.

Radical muslims are the snakes and moderate muslims are the grass they hide in.
    Look at the Paris terror suspect who walked around Brussels for months even though the locals knew who he was.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/19/salah-abdeslam-capture-belgium-paris-attacks
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

extremists hide among us unfortunately.
    Now I dont read this liberal rag but I hope you libtards will believe this news outlet?

"libtards"
    LOL, too funny.

christians believe the bible to be the word ofgod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

nutcases are attacking innocent people, whether it be islamic extremists using trucks/bombs/whatever, or far right extremists using lies..

One of those is very different than the other though. I mean surely you aren't equating indiscriminate murder with "attacking" people with lies, whatever that means?

• Advertisement

Wow I have it all wrong, its muslims who  are under attack. I must have been dreaming when I remembered all the  Europeans killed by truck, bomb, knife and gun over the last 3  years.

nutcases are attacking innocent people, whether it  be islamic extremists using trucks/bombs/whatever, or far right  extremists using lies.

Radical muslims are the snakes and moderate muslims are the grass they hide in.

"libtards"
    LOL, too funny.
    No,  they don't. Here's a clue, they follow the New Testament, the New  Testament is NOT believed to be the literal word of God and was written  circa 120AD, so unless you know of any 1900 year old mother****ers who  still follow the old testament, you're wrong yet again ... quell  surprise.

Sorry are you equating a jihadist killing 90 people with a truck to someone you simply dont agree with? Are you high? On what planet does that even make sense. I suggest you go to bed its obviously well past your bedtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

nutcases are attacking innocent people, whether it be islamic extremists using trucks/bombs/whatever, or far right extremists using lies.

"libtards"
    LOL, too funny.

Poor muslim extremists being lied to. Do you feel more sorry for the families of the victims in Nice or muslims who a right winger said a made up statistic to?

nutcases are attacking innocent people, whether it  be islamic extremists using trucks/bombs/whatever, or far right  extremists using lies.

"libtards"
    LOL, too funny.

Poor muslim extremists being lied to. Do you feel more sorry for the families of the victims in Nice or muslims who a right winger said a made up statistic to?
    I think we know the answer. Another terror apologist.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    One of those is very different than the other though. I mean surely you aren't equating indiscriminate murder with "attacking" people with lies, whatever that means?

of course not. however the fact extremists come in many shapes and sizes, and we need to be concerned about them all.

i feel sorry for anyone on the receiving end of any kind of extremism. extremism has no place in society and must be eradicated.

of course not. however the fact extremists come in many shapes and sizes, and we need to be concerned about them all.

I'd be more concerned about the blowy uppy ones than the telling porkie pies ones.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

i feel sorry for anyone on the receiving end of any kind of extremism. extremism has no place in society and must be eradicated.
    Are you a troll? Do you think a jihadist taking a truck and murdering 90 people, children, women and men or invading a Paris nightclub and murdering over 100 cutting of the penis of men and stabbing women in the vagina as the same as mean words? Are you f**king nuts? Or are you a jihadist?

• Advertisement

No they don't.

No they don't.

Many of them do. Go have a read through the Christianity forum.

extremism has no place in society and must be eradicated.

And yet when the topic of discrimination towards women openly being practiced in Clonskeagh mosque here in 2018 is raised, your immediate response is to do one of the following;

Point out that the old testament really was a bit sh#t towards women and the LGBT community and so Clonskeagh cannot be condemned for.... reasons.

Or

Ask what others are doing about it, well I'm certainly not ignoring this mysoginy exists which is a good deal more than you can say.

No they don't.

Many of them do. Go have a read through the Christianity forum.

It's somewhat telling that boards has a Christianity forum that is open for discourse, but yet the Islam forum was closed long ago when too many uncomfortable questions were asked.

It's somewhat telling that boards has a Christianity forum that is open for discourse, but yet the Islam forum was closed long ago when too many uncomfortable questions were asked.

Well I don't actually disagree with you, but that's really beside the point that many millions of Christians do take the Bible to be the literal word of God.

• Advertisement
Advertisement