Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin "safe zone" for women on NYE

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Wrong.... Jesus was a beast on a BMX.

And sandles doesn't make it easy -- respect!

The other lad pbuh was a big man so preferred...

723f44c9ba2bcce11c91dbd93e67c522--bombers-bicycle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's somewhat telling that boards has a Christianity forum that is open for discourse, but yet the Islam forum was closed long ago when too many uncomfortable questions were asked.

Well I don't actually disagree with you, but that's really beside the point that many millions of Christians do take the Bible to be the literal word of God.

Your post is of course factually correct, my issue is with End of the Road' s persistent claims that "Christians believe the bible was literally written by god" as this blanket statement is blissfully ignorant to the undeniable truth that, the vast, vast majority of Christians do not believe this to be so.

I've no issue with yourself Sonik as you're clearly knowledgeable and open to honest debate, however EOTR consistently derails any thread pertaining to Islam by introducing whataboutery relating to Christianity.

I try to refrain from responding to his obvious ruse, but as with a brain damaged dog that might snap at your heels, sometimes it's necessary to turn around and give it a kick*

* my analogy in no way implies EOTR is brain damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Grayson wrote: »
    I used to work with a load of Mormons. That's one religion I can't get my head around.

I don't think you are supposed to. I think it just supposed to be endlessly entertaining. Like the part where the lad only took on all the extra wives because an angel threatened him with a sword. ha ha

"Alright alright - I'll shag all the women. Just please put the sword down already."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

topper75 wrote: »
    I don't think you are supposed to. I think it just supposed to be endlessly entertaining. Like the part where the lad only took on all the extra wives because an angel threatened him with a sword. ha ha

"Alright alright - I'll shag all the women. Just please put the sword down already."

I saw one of the creators of South park talking about mormons. He describes the religion as absolutely crazy but at the same time Mormons tend to be the nicest people you'll ever meet. He's right. They are soooo incredibly nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

topper75 wrote: »

As opposed to Christianity. Some luvvie gets duffed and blames an angel for coming down and impregnating her. Best of all, hubby buys it. Imagine that today. This is without mentioning that the baby went on to perform an array of magic tricks, including curing blindness, walking on water and dying for three days only to respawn in a cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Omackeral wrote: »
    As opposed to Christianity. Some luvvie gets duffed and blames an angel for coming down and impregnating her. Best of all, hubby buys it. Imagine that today. This is without mentioning that the baby went on to perform an array of magic tricks, including curing blindness, walking on water and dying for three days only to respawn in a cave.

little known fact, one of the disciples got telefragged when that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lets hope that the events in Dundalk this morning dont lead to Ireland needing safe zones or more security checks. Lets hope it was an ill young Syrian lad who just couldnt cope anymore or an alteration amongst friends that got out of control. God forbid if it was a terrorist attack.

Little point speculating on that attack in this thread until the facts have been established, I've nothing to comment other than RIP to the victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No they don't.

they believe the bible to be the word of god, passed on to the apostles who wrote it down.
    And yet when the topic of discrimination towards women openly being practiced in Clonskeagh mosque here in 2018 is raised, your immediate response is to do one of the following;

Point out that the old testament really was a bit sh#t towards women and the LGBT community and so Clonskeagh cannot be condemned for.... reasons.

nope. you will find i never said anything of the sort.
    Or

Ask what others are doing about it, well I'm certainly not ignoring this mysoginy exists which is a good deal more than you can say.

i ask what you are doing about it because i don't believe you actually care about the issue. based on your posting history i believe you are pretending to care and are using this is a way to have a go at all muslims.
    i have been clear that i disagree with the clonskeagh mosqs policy of segregation and if it is breaching the law in any way it should be stopped.
    It's somewhat telling that boards has a Christianity forum that is open for discourse, but yet the Islam forum was closed long ago when too many uncomfortable questions were asked.

or more likely it was closed because it turned into a troll sespit. it wasn't closed because "uncomfortable" questions were asked. personally i believe it should have been left open and the problem posters removed but what's done is done.
    Your post is of course factually correct, my issue is with End of the Road' s persistent claims that "Christians believe the bible was literally written by god" as this blanket statement is blissfully ignorant to the undeniable truth that, the vast, vast majority of Christians do not believe this to be so.

I've no issue with yourself Sonik as you're clearly knowledgeable and open to honest debate, however EOTR consistently derails any thread pertaining to Islam by introducing whataboutery relating to Christianity.

I try to refrain from responding to his obvious ruse, but as with a brain damaged dog that might snap at your heels, sometimes it's necessary to turn around and give it a kick*

again this is more imaginary nonsense. i'm very much open to honest debate on islam and i have said plenty of times that i don't like any religion. the problem is you and a few others aren't interested in honest debate. i don't believe you care about the issues you claim to care about.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

i don't believe you care about the issues you claim to care about.

Consider this my final interaction with you;

I do not give a fiddler's feck what you believe about me.

You do not offer honest discourse, you do not add inteligence to debate, all that you invite to each of the threads you involve yourself in is unimpeachable idiocy. It's as obvious as it is tiresome.

And just for posterity, to really highlight how disingenuous you truly are, I quote this little nugget where you attempted to derail debate by highlighting what you, for some quite bizarre reason, believed to have been a spelling error, when in fact you only proved that despite arguing with all and sundry on any thread that might mention Islam, you remain blissfully ignorant to even the correct spelling of its followers;

what is a "Moslem"

i have heard of muslem and the muslem brotherhood but not moslem and the moslem brotherhood.

You dare say I do not care for women's rights and the rights of the LGBT community (an accusation so laughably untrue it does not deserve any other response other than to be ignored), yet you don't care enough about Muslims/Moslems for you to even learn how to spell their name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You forget to mention the endless multi-quoting.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 TheRedPanther

Saw a story a story in a German newspaper yesterday of a bunch of leftists disrupting a silent march in Kandel for the girl murdered by the refugee her family took in. That had colored umbrellas or something (you weren't supposed to hold anything in the air) and were interjecting with their political agenda for for a 'colorful Germany'. I mean how disrespectful and mentally ill and self-loathing can you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was in Berlin with herself for few days. What a great City, but the Police were everywhere and we got some very helpful advice from Hotel staff about where to avoid.

But anyone not been its well worth it and I have been to 70+ countries.

Advertisement