Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Non Club Spins in Cork City regular from Cork City?

Options
  • 30-12-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, based in Cork city and wondering is there any non club spins on the weekends that head off from the city/suburbs? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

It is unlikely that someone would organise non-club spins that would allow anyone to join because of insurance concerns. If I organised a spin and someone got hurt, then they may decide to sue me. If you cycle with a club, you must be registered with Cycling Ireland which covers all cyclists and therefore means that organisers and other participants dont have to worry about the legal consequences of any injuries.

Joining a club is the best way to improve and can be a good social outlet too. If you are interested, two clubs that are good for beginners in Cork are 'De Ronde van Cork' and 'Cork County Cycling Club'.

If you really dont want to join a club, then you probably would have more luck finding someone to cycle with through a friend or a work colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Roca

mh_cork wrote:
    It is unlikely that someone would organise non-club spins that would allow anyone to join because of insurance concerns. If I organised a spin and someone got hurt, then they may decide to sue me. If you cycle with a club, you must be registered with Cycling Ireland which covers all cyclists and therefore means that organisers and other participants dont have to worry about the legal consequences of any injuries.

Thanks for that..

Advertisement