Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free tokens Polymath

• 30-12-2017 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Free tokens Polymath

All you need to do is sign up, install the Telegram app on your phone, join the Polymath group, provide an ethereum address to get the Airdrop of free tokens.

The concept doesnt look half bad, it has a use case and the tokens may have some value yet.

https://polymath.network/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Free tokens Polymath

All you need to do is sign up, install the Telegram app on your phone, join the Polymath group, provide an ethereum address to get the Airdrop of free tokens.

The concept doesnt look half bad, it has a use case and the tokens may have some value yet.

https://polymath.network/

Will my Binance ETH address do?

Edit: just read 'exchange address will not do" any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Get an ETH wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Get an ETH wallet.

Why cant you use your CoinBase ETH wallet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Because it says exchange addresses won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

• Advertisement

Why cant you use your CoinBase ETH wallet?

It specifically says that Coinbase won't work and any ETH wallet used must have activity on it as no newly made one will work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

It specifically says that Coinbase won't work and any ETH wallet used must have activity on it as no newly made one will work either.

Ah thats a shame. Understand the Coinbase & Exchanges part. I've only recently started trading and still have all my tokens on an exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Any idea when they get released?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Will ledger nano s work?

It's easy to set up a new wallet and send some ETH into it from gdax. Then your all set.

• Advertisement

Edward Snowden has had his say about the Telegram app (check his Twitter handle)

Get in and get out I say.

*Tinfoil hat at the ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Update

Anyone who registered for the free tokens before Jan 12th needs to now go back to https://token.polymath.network/ and re-enter their ethereum address to begin the Airdrop.

The server is under pressure handling everyone so be you may have to make a few attemepts to get in. Maybe wait till late tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Update

Anyone who registered for the free tokens before Jan 12th needs to now go back to https://token.polymath.network/ and re-enter their ethereum address to begin the Airdrop.

The server is under pressure handling everyone so be you may have to make a few attemepts to get in. Maybe wait till late tonight.

Anyone got tyhis to work, I just see a spinning wheel for the last couple of hours

will56 wrote: »
    Anyone got tyhis to work, I just see a spinning wheel for the last couple of hours

Yeah I got passed that earlier, took several attempts of refreshing and submitting again
    I had then to register and provide ID which again took a while to submit and when it was uploaded it was not automatically recognised so I got a reply back saying that identification would be manually verified over the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Missed this :(

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Missed this :(

You have missed the first Airdrop, you can still register for the further Airdrops. I'm not sure how many more Airdrops there will be but I think at least 3 more

cant verify

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
    We are currently processing a large backlog of verifications and will re-open the portal soon.

Its open again. Need to send your passport pic

• Registered Users Posts: 18 efk1

Its open again. Need to send your passport pic

Can you explain what this is about. Do I need to have ETH wallet already?

efk1 wrote: »
    Can you explain what this is about. Do I need to have ETH wallet already?

Yes. You would have had to register a while ago. I think .. Now is the second step I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

POLY is now on Kucoin. If you got your 250 free POLY coins they are worth about €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Has anyone that was part of the original airdrop not received their tokens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hullabulloo

I registered in December for this and gave a coinbase eth address, I now see this may not be usable, have people been credited their POLY already with dedicated ETH addresses?

Yes the airdrop is complete. It was clearly stated when you were signing up that exchange addresses would not work. Sorry but looks like you missed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I registered in December for this and gave a coinbase eth address, I now see this may not be usable, have people been credited their POLY already with dedicated ETH addresses?

The tokens would have been issued to your address but you have no way of seeing them or using them because coinbase doesn't support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I signed up for an airdrop. I think it was polymath.
    Added my ether wallet address as the wallet. All was going grand. Got the tokens. Set them up the custom token on MEW and received them and could see the balance.
    Then went in again and now they're all gone! Not sure if it was Polymath or another airdrop.
    Has anyone heard of this happening, and know a way to see what custom token I added on MEW? Coz I can't remember which token from which airdrop it was, as I've signed up to a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I signed up for an airdrop. I think it was polymath.
    Added my ether wallet address as the wallet. All was going grand. Got the tokens. Set them up the custom token on MEW and received them and could see the balance.
    Then went in again and now they're all gone! Not sure if it was Polymath or another airdrop.
    Has anyone heard of this happening, and know a way to see what custom token I added on MEW? Coz I can't remember which token from which airdrop it was, as I've signed up to a few.

Take a look at your address on etherscan.io and you will be able to see all token deposits and withdrawals. Will help you narrow it down.
    If the airdrop is visible there but not on your wallet, it may be a case that when you added the token it didn't save after a refresh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There's no transactions at all on my account on MEW.
    I added the custom token and saw a token balance, but now its gone. I remember going through the steps to add the token name, and the 18 digits part.

I either must have been dreaming, or it must have been on another wallet. Although I've only one MEW wallet.

It's weird. It might just be my brain acting up, as I'm not sleeping (young baby). But I could have sworn I saw a balance. I'm 100% sure I added the custom token anyway. At the time it showed 0, but I could have sworn I went back and it then showed a balance. Maybe it didn't and I'm just losing it. It was only worth fractions of a cent anyway so no big deal. I'm more concerned about my brain losing its ability to remember basic things!! :P

I need some help here lads....

I realised I too had signed up for the this airdrop and completed the KYC, so got onto Polymath who confirmed my ETH address that was used...but no POLY tokens!?!

But..

Sure enough when I went into transactions there was 250 POLY dropped on 31/1/18 but transacted out 4/2/18
    Transaction: 0x159f4ed484e10e7a6d713ba75c9f71f3aa30e9f1807e2aa6b70bda3ff4b8c879

I DID NOT MAKE THIS TRANSACTION !!

Is my wallet compromised?

I've emailed Polymath

• Advertisement

I need some help here lads....

I realised I too had signed up for the this airdrop and completed the KYC, so got onto Polymath who confirmed my ETH address that was used...but no POLY tokens!?!

But..

Sure enough when I went into transactions there was 250 POLY dropped on 31/1/18 but transacted out 4/2/18
    Transaction: 0x159f4ed484e10e7a6d713ba75c9f71f3aa30e9f1807e2aa6b70bda3ff4b8c879

I DID NOT MAKE THIS TRANSACTION !!

Is my wallet compromised?

I've emailed Polymath

Yep they're gone

I have no clue how this happened

Really concerning

Yep they're gone

I have no clue how this happened

Really concerning

Your coins were transferred to an address flagged as a scam.
    https://etherscan.io/address/0x19afb5e405613906137cc137224eafd4673faccd#tokentxns

Seems like you fell for some fishing scam and somehow executed a transfer.

Seems alot of people were scanned by this address with alot of different tokens.the most common scanerio seems to be that you were redirected to a fake MEW website.

Your coins were transferred to an address flagged as a scam.
    https://etherscan.io/address/0x19afb5e405613906137cc137224eafd4673faccd#tokentxns

Seems like you fell for some fishing scam and somehow executed a transfer.

Seems alot of people were scanned by this address with alot of different tokens.the most common scanerio seems to be that you were redirected to a fake MEW website.

Jasus I've been rightly done over here.

Big lesson learned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Any idea how it happened?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Any idea how it happened?

All I know is I 100% did not send that transaction!!

Like I said over on the airdrop thread..
    I've setup a dedicated email address and MEW address just for the craic of collecting airdrops, so this ETH address had no 'sent' transactions from me - simply setup for the airdrop hobby I have.

I reckoned I had signed up for the Polymath so got onto support.
    They asked for the ETH wallet that would have been used, and confirmed 250 POLY had been sent.
    (You're probably asking why I hadn't seen them in the wallet. Well I hadn't setup coin address yet)
    When I checked the transactions I seen the 250 deposit in 31/1 and the withdrawal on 4/2.
    The cheeky bastard I think deposited some ETH for GAS to...well that's what it looks like.

So all i know is I didn't send them out and someone has/had full access to the MEW wallet.

I'm swaying towards a redirect to a false MEW address but even at that it's a stretch cause lads I can assure you I'm 100% always cautious.

More head scratching I think needed.

This is on a nice little uptick at the moment, currently up @11%; and at $1.14.
    Not bad for a freebie!
    Thanks to the OP for the Air Drop info.

• Advertisement

yw,
    most of these free Airdrops are useless only yielding a couple of dollars. But I knew this one would be good.
    This is a very evenly distributed Token, one if not the highest number of individuals holding them, plus No Whales!!!
    I usually dump these for Bitcoin but I`m going to hold onto these as I like the use case it has and the even distribution. Its now ranked 85th on CMC, I can see this one in the top 20 soon enough

Right folks my advice (for what's its worth) is stay away from MEW.

I've just spent the last two days trying to get my head around what happened, and all I am left with is MEW is compromised in someway, shape or form at the core.
    It's not about the 250 coins taken - I need to know how.

My MEW wallet was fully accessed by a 3rd party.

I'm always super save and checked all possible methods they could have used, checked all bookmarked links I have to sites are legit, and still can't get my head around this.

I see there is a split in MEW and practically two versions running albeit one under a different name, and I am wondering if something will ever come out as I'm convinced (along with about a dozen other btw who had simlar happen) that this is bigger than us being phising somehow.

Again; all just my opinion but this doesn't sit comfortable with me whatsoever

Right folks my advice (for what's its worth) is stay away from MEW.

I've just spent the last two days trying to get my head around what happened, and all I am left with is MEW is compromised in someway, shape or form at the core.
    It's not about the 250 coins taken - I need to know how.

My MEW wallet was fully accessed by a 3rd party.

I'm always super save and checked all possible methods they could have used, checked all bookmarked links I have to sites are legit, and still can't get my head around this.

I see there is a split in MEW and practically two versions running albeit one under a different name, and I am wondering if something will ever come out as I'm convinced (along with about a dozen other btw who had simlar happen) that this is bigger than us being phising somehow.

Again; all just my opinion but this doesn't sit comfortable with me whatsoever

I dont think there is any problem with MEW. MEW creates the private key on your machine, their servers dont store it or ever know its contents.

Sorry to hear some people had theirs stolen but Polymath is on a nice run. Those 250 free POLY are now worth over €300 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Up over 38%, looks like a pump and dump.

• Advertisement

Up to €1.38 now
    :D

I have a sell order set for .002eth that last night I thought was comical, but looking at the continued rise today is starting to look possible!

Delighted for you lads and a nice freebie.

My last comment on this...

The scam that I got caught up in seems to have been very elaborate and the scumbags net went far and wide.

Over $1.5mil in tokens stolen and €418k of ETH

Here is the sitting wallet after days of INS/OUTS on various accounts.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xd31b1bee0c9f42cb47406d52a796d8a26c5cf802#comments

Advertisement