Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay Clear of Eir

Options
  • 30-12-2017 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

STAY AWAY FROM EIR FOLKS!!!

I have been passed around from pillar to post given different information about my broadband being down and agents even laughing and hanging up. I pay 55e for no service. They lied about their package and bills and ive rang over 100+ times and it's so frustrating. They are without doubt the worst service out there. I would advise anyone to leave straight away or anyone thinking of getting it save yourself some serious stress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Raym23 wrote: »

I have been passed around from pillar to post given different information about my broadband being down and agents even laughing and hanging up. I pay 55e for no service. They lied about their package and bills and ive rang over 100+ times and it's so frustrating. They are without doubt the worst service out there. I would advise anyone to leave straight away or anyone thinking of getting it save yourself some serious stress.

I agree 100% we my posts here in past few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I have been passed around from pillar to post given different information about my broadband being down and agents even laughing and hanging up. I pay 55e for no service.  They lied about their package and bills and ive rang over 100+ times and it's so frustrating. They are without doubt the worst service out there. I would advise anyone to leave straight away or anyone thinking of getting it save yourself some serious stress.
    Hi Raym23, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. This is not the level of service we wish to provide to our customers. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Raym23

NO THANKS...

STAY CLEAR OF EIR.

WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD. LIES AND ABUSED ON PHONE BY SNOTTY STAFF.

<snip> GET ONTO COMREG WITH YOUR COMPLAINT AND THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU.

NO THANKS...

STAY CLEAR OF EIR.

WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD. LIES AND ABUSED ON PHONE BY SNOTTY STAFF.

<snip> GET ONTO COMREG WITH YOUR COMPLAINT AND THEY WILL LOOK AFTER YOU.
    I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry you feel this way. I have responded to your PM.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

What exactly has your problem been Ray? Obviously whatever you are asking for is problematic for them because I'm sure they'd rather fix your issue than field 100+ phone calls from you. We are stuck with Eir but never really have any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

Similar experience with Eir. Connecting me to fibre broadband since Oct 7th 2017, 4 failed appointments, all with time off work to attend same. They even canceled my land line service leaving me with none. Now 5 months on and still no fibre, no landline and nothing short of horrendous customer service, passed from pillar to post,  never their fault, it will either be open eir or kn fault every time, and they somehow think 5 months is a reasonable time frame to address an issue with the line. 
    Been on to comreg and in all honesty they are as much use as a chocolate teapot. They say they cannot deal with openeir, only eir, leaving eir to blame openeir and walk away from all issues. Totally revolted with comreg attitude and will be raising it further. As for eir I am considering going to the small claims court re the removal of my land line unless sorted before end of March. 

Beware eir at all costs, it's all grand when no issues, but the real test of a company is how they treat you when you have a problem and in instances like this they  don't just fail miserably they fail and then blame everyone else but themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

septicsac wrote: »
    Similar experience with Eir. Connecting me to fibre broadband since Oct 7th 2017, 4 failed appointments, all with time off work to attend same. They even canceled my land line service leaving me with none. Now 5 months on and still no fibre, no landline and nothing short of horrendous customer service, passed from pillar to post,  never their fault, it will either be open eir or kn fault every time, and they somehow think 5 months is a reasonable time frame to address an issue with the line. 
    Been on to comreg and in all honesty they are as much use as a chocolate teapot. They say they cannot deal with openeir, only eir, leaving eir to blame openeir and walk away from all issues. Totally revolted with comreg attitude and will be raising it further. As for eir I am considering going to the small claims court re the removal of my land line unless sorted before end of March. 

Beware eir at all costs, it's all grand when no issues, but the real test of a company is how they treat you when you have a problem and in instances like this they  don't just fail miserably they fail and then blame everyone else but themselves.
    Hi septicsac, I am really sorry that you have had to go to so much trouble on this and cannot understand why if this issue was created by eir that we cannot resolve this for you. If you can PM me with details I can promise that I will have this fully investigated. you will not be passed to another team and I will update you fully on all issues around this.
    Tony

Just to update on the wonderful service from Eir......... This statement is dripping in sarcasm. Since my original install date in Oct 2017, yes Oct 2017I still have no service from this joke of a company. After months of failed installs they eventually fixed fault in dpp box in March only to then inform me that they now need to dig a trench from box to pole, approx 2 metres long and connect to dpp. Now some 2 months later this lengthy 2 meter trench remains incomplete and still no service, with a forecast date of June 30th, feck me the Roman's built roads across Europe quicker.
    PEOPLE PLEASE BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO WITH EIR, THEY ARE A COMPLETE JOKE, RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER CARE AND IF EVERYTHING GOES OK YOU MAY BE FINE BUT IF YOU EVER RUN INTO TROUBLE WITH THIS LOT THEN YOU ARE IN REAL TROUBLE, STAY CLEAR AT ALL COSTS IF POSSIBLE IS MY ADVICE! 

Just to update on the wonderful service from Eir......... This statement is dripping in sarcasm. Since my original install date in Oct 2017, yes Oct 2017I still have no service from this joke of a company. After months of failed installs they eventually fixed fault in dpp box in March only to then inform me that they now need to dig a trench from box to pole, approx 2 metres long and connect to dpp. Now some 2 months later this lengthy 2 meter trench remains incomplete and still no service, with a forecast date of June 30th, feck me the Roman's built roads across Europe quicker.
    PEOPLE PLEASE BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO WITH EIR, THEY ARE A COMPLETE JOKE, RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER CARE AND IF EVERYTHING GOES OK YOU MAY BE FINE BUT IF YOU EVER RUN INTO TROUBLE WITH THIS LOT THEN YOU ARE IN REAL TROUBLE, STAY CLEAR AT ALL COSTS IF POSSIBLE IS MY ADVICE! 
    I completely understand your frustration here and apologies for all inconvenience this has caused you. 

I'm afraid without your account details we will be unable to look this for you. Feel free to PM them to me and I can assist you today.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

I completely understand your frustration here and apologies for all inconvenience this has caused you. 

I'm afraid without your account details we will be unable to look this for you. Feel free to PM them to me and I can assist you today.  

Thanks 

Tracey 
    No harm to you Tracey, but I have contacted Eir on all platforms including on here back in February/March and yet some 9 months later I am still waiting for installation, there have been babies conceived and born in that time. 

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Tracey 
    No harm to you Tracey, but I have contacted Eir on all platforms including on here back in February/March and yet some 9 months later I am still waiting for installation, there have been babies conceived and born in that time. 
    I understand. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

And still no further on...... because the main aim of the eir team on here is to get you into private chat and off the main boards forum pages, where everyone can read reviews of their magnificent company...I kid, not so magnificent really.

And still no further on...... because the main aim of the eir team on here is to get you into private chat and off the main boards forum pages, where everyone can read reviews of their magnificent company...I kid, not so magnificent really.
    I'm sorry you feel this way, we would require your details through PM for security reasons. 

I have responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So you, ie Eir have responded to say yet again you have no further info in relation to fulfilling an order now 9 months old?
    Do you think this is acceptable in any shape or form?

So you, ie Eir have responded to say yet again you have no further info in relation to fulfilling an order now 9 months old?
    Do you think this is acceptable in any shape or form?
    I completely understand your frustration here and I'm sorry it's not better news. 

As soon as I hear back I will let you know straight away. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 43 foley_b

I feel your pain, I’m in the same predicament, ordered broadband last Christmas and had four visits so far from K&N now they tell me it might be completed by sixth of September. K&N are useless too they sent two men from Dublin to Wexford to put a rope in my duct only they joined it in several places with tape so that broke on the first pull.

foley_b wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I’m in the same predicament, ordered broadband last Christmas and had four visits so far from K&N now they tell me it might be completed by sixth of September. K&N are useless too they sent two men from Dublin to Wexford to put a rope in my duct only they joined it in several places with tape so that broke on the first pull.
    Hi foley_b, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the long delays you are experiencing with your order. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Latest from this shower of jokers
    The work needed to be carried out was done last friday, but no one has signed off to say it was completed? I contacted this glorious company who advised me to contact KN to see about getting work signed off, as the staff in EIr cannot talk to the company it contracts to do work (mind-boggling) Anyway when I rang KN they informed me they did not do the work that Eir did(blind leading the blind here) So I rang Eir back and guess what....I was told by team they could not contact that section of their own company....So after been given 5 dates for installation when it was not ready for installation they will now not give me a date for installation when it is ready for same......complete and utter joke as per usual.
    Sooner new french owner gets into the guts of this company and filters out all the crap policies and some of the jokers on the phones the better.

The work needed to be carried out was done last friday, but no one has signed off to say it was completed? I contacted this glorious company who advised me to contact KN to see about getting work signed off, as the staff in EIr cannot talk to the company it contracts to do work (mind-boggling) Anyway when I rang KN they informed me they did not do the work that Eir did(blind leading the blind here) So I rang Eir back and guess what....I was told by team they could not contact that section of their own company....So after been given 5 dates for installation when it was not ready for installation they will now not give me a date for installation when it is ready for same......complete and utter joke as per usual.
    Sooner new french owner gets into the guts of this company and filters out all the crap policies and some of the jokers on the phones the better.
    Hi septicsac, 

I completely understand your frustration here, apologies for the delays incurred. I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

I'm in a similar situation.

I was down for upgraded broadband installation on Friday 15 June 18. At around 12 noon a Guy from KN Networks came and plugged in a new modem, wasn't happy with that one and then plugged in another one, bear in mind that prior to this, I had service, I could get on the internet, he tested the line etc. said all was ok and then left, after he left I noticed that I had no service. Rang his number at around quarter past one and got no response and I have since texted and got nothing. 

I rang Eir support later in the day (I do have other things to do besides waiting on the end of a phone listening to automated instructions) and was told that it would take 24 hours for the line to activate, obviously that didn't happen. I rang then on Monday 18 June spoke to James who advised that it be logged as a fault instead of a failed installation! because that had a ten day lead in time, well guess what? apparently so does a normal fault. i since got a text that claim that the line to the building is ok and that it must be inside the building, I find that hard to believe as the service was up and running prior to the KN guy arriving.

So again you have a customer thats paying for a non existing service!

Can you pass this on to someone in the company who might be able to fix this please.

• Advertisement

Fionn wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation.

I was down for upgraded broadband installation on Friday 15 June 18. At around 12 noon a Guy from KN Networks came and plugged in a new modem, wasn't happy with that one and then plugged in another one, bear in mind that prior to this, I had service, I could get on the internet, he tested the line etc. said all was ok and then left, after he left I noticed that I had no service. Rang his number at around quarter past one and got no response and I have since texted and got nothing. 

I rang Eir support later in the day (I do have other things to do besides waiting on the end of a phone listening to automated instructions) and was told that it would take 24 hours for the line to activate, obviously that didn't happen. I rang then on Monday 18 June spoke to James who advised that it be logged as a fault instead of a failed installation! because that had a ten day lead in time, well guess what? apparently so does a normal fault. i since got a text that claim that the line to the building is ok and that it must be inside the building, I find that hard to believe as the service was up and running prior to the KN guy arriving.

So again you have a customer thats paying for a non existing service!

Can you pass this on to someone in the company who might be able to fix this please.
    Hi Fionn, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your order, I understand your frustrations. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

ah lads this is nearly small change compared to my ongoing issues. 

same deal KN issues, OpenEir issues and Eir literally sitting on there hands saying all we have to go on is what the technicians say. How they havent got control over what it is they are selling is hilarious. 

Imagine owning a shop and advising someone you have a product for them but absolutely no idea when they can have it, just think about how absolutely crazy that is. 

If the technicians know exactly what is the problem can you not ask them why? after 18 months of no service they still can not activate the connection to the house. 

To add insult to injury, they still lie on their website advising I can avail of their wonderful products and then to cap it all off they keep sending someone to the door to sign me up. 

The fact they pretty much have FTTH sewn up nationwide is verging on criminal and i feel sorry for the reps here who know that the work for such an omnishambles of a company.

I would rather they just told me the truth instead of just kicking forecast dates further down the road at least that way i would respect them slightly. 

recyclops wrote: »
    ah lads this is nearly small change compared to my ongoing issues. 

same deal KN issues, OpenEir issues and Eir literally sitting on there hands saying all we have to go on is what the technicians say. How they havent got control over what it is they are selling is hilarious. 

Imagine owning a shop and advising someone you have a product for them but absolutely no idea when they can have it, just think about how absolutely crazy that is. 

If the technicians know exactly what is the problem can you not ask them why? after 18 months of no service they still can not activate the connection to the house. 

To add insult to injury, they still lie on their website advising I can avail of their wonderful products and then to cap it all off they keep sending someone to the door to sign me up. 

The fact they pretty much have FTTH sewn up nationwide is verging on criminal and i feel sorry for the reps here who know that the work for such an omnishambles of a company.

I would rather they just told me the truth instead of just kicking forecast dates further down the road at least that way i would respect them slightly. 
    Hi recyclops, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

I can see we were previously speaking to you a few months back in relation to this issue. Have you now placed an order with us? If you have feel free to PM me the order/account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I can check the status of the order for you?

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Update on my problem and the solution.

After KN visited a second time the guy took off the RJ45 wall socket and found a third wire in it, this was presumably for a phone alarm system that was previously in the building. Once he disconnected this, the modem connected straight away.

Two things occurred to me after this;
    1. The first KN tech hadn't a clue what he was doing and left the site without actually getting a connection, and
    2. Eir support told me a pack of lies telling me that it would activate in 24 hours, I know this because as soon as the tech removed the wire the modem lit up.

Anyway this little nugget of information might be helpful to someone at some point in time.

So case closed, thank God, I don't think I could have lasted dealing with Eir for much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Eir have turned out to be the worst excuse for a service provider I know of.
    Poor coverage, greedy, terrible customer care...scripted rehearsed answers to questions you never asked.
    They seem to spend loads on fancy ad campaigns to lure in customers and once that contact is signed they don't give a ****

I would NEVER entertain them again.

Hi septicsac, 

I completely understand your frustration here, apologies for the delays incurred. I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey.... I am done with private messages until you have something new to tell me, I have had enough of your companies excuses. I contacted your beloved company again this week, some 2 weeks after works have been completed, to be told that no one has signed off on the completed work....still. I asked that someone contact the department within your own company to try verify same and was told that that is not policy and could not be done. The fact that you are a communication company who cannot cannot communicate within your own company speaks volumes. The only reason ye try get people into private messages is to take the truth about peoples experiences of these public places. I have said it before and will again, the true test of a company is how they respond to the customer who is in trouble and unhappy with service and in this department Eir falls flat on its sad pathetic face, shame on ye all.

Latest debacle. Ring back after 30th June, as that is forecast date for completed works they said, even though I can see the work complete long b4 then, we will definitely have an update then. Rang back this morning, surprise surprise no update, can't communicate with those who carried out the work and they are the so called leading communications company in Ireland ..  God help us, I think they go to the Mr bean school of communication. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

I'm in the same boat as well. Almost a year since my first install date was scheduled and after 1 cancellation from Eir and 3 failed install dates I am still waiting for my FTTH to be connected. I've lost count the amount of times I've rang to be told the exact same rehearsed and scripted excuses. No information, won't give a straight answer and are just downright ignorant by times. I've been hung up on so many times, I've been told "that's just the way it is" and I've even been asked what the problem is!! How can Eir not know what the issues are? Surely engineers must have to fill out some form of report as to why an install failed?! You claim this is not the level of customer service that you aim to provide but clearly it is. If this wasn't the case so many people wouldn't be here complaining. Its a disgrace that they have managed to monopolize the FTTH market. Nothing will ever get done with the attitude that Eir have to their customers. My other alternatives are more expensive than Eir but I am starting to think I should just give the other crowds my money because at least then I might actually get the service I want. 

jobonar wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as well. Almost a year since my first install date was scheduled and after 1 cancellation from Eir and 3 failed install dates I am still waiting for my FTTH to be connected. I've lost count the amount of times I've rang to be told the exact same rehearsed and scripted excuses. No information, won't give a straight answer and are just downright ignorant by times. I've been hung up on so many times, I've been told "that's just the way it is" and I've even been asked what the problem is!! How can Eir not know what the issues are? Surely engineers must have to fill out some form of report as to why an install failed?! You claim this is not the level of customer service that you aim to provide but clearly it is. If this wasn't the case so many people wouldn't be here complaining. Its a disgrace that they have managed to monopolize the FTTH market. Nothing will ever get done with the attitude that Eir have to their customers. My other alternatives are more expensive than Eir but I am starting to think I should just give the other crowds my money because at least then I might actually get the service I want. 
    Hi jobonar, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating.

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Latest debacle. Ring back after 30th June, as that is forecast date for completed works they said, even though I can see the work complete long b4 then, we will definitely have an update then. Rang back this morning, surprise surprise no update, can't communicate with those who carried out the work and they are the so called leading communications company in Ireland ..  God help us, I think they go to the Mr bean school of communication. 
    Hi septicsac, 

I completely understand your frustrations here. 

I have spoken with our operations team and they are currently unable to locate the works order for the work you are advising has been done. They are currently investigating this for me and will come back to me as soon as they have an update. 

Once they come back to me I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement