Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay Clear of Eir

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Tracey I fully understand this is not yourself, Thomas, Sarah or Kyle but surely you guys have to be in communication with people regarding these kind of complaints. Its an almost daily occurrence here and you know from dealing with myself how long this can drag on. 

is it a case nobody cares or what is actually happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

recyclops wrote: »
    Tracey I fully understand this is not yourself, Thomas, Sarah or Kyle but surely you guys have to be in communication with people regarding these kind of complaints. Its an almost daily occurrence here and you know from dealing with myself how long this can drag on. 

is it a case nobody cares or what is actually happening?
    I do understand your frustrations here and I'm sorry I am unable to provide you with any further information than I have. 

We can only provide you with the information we have on our systems from our operations team and the feedback and notes from our technicians.

The Fibre build team are working on getting the light active at the DP for you and once this has been resolved we can go ahead with the installation. 

Apologies for all delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

When they were called Eircom they were the very same. So only the name has changed by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

septicsac wrote: »
    Latest debacle. Ring back after 30th June, as that is forecast date for completed works they said, even though I can see the work complete long b4 then, we will definitely have an update then. Rang back this morning, surprise surprise no update, can't communicate with those who carried out the work and they are the so called leading communications company in Ireland ..  God help us, I think they go to the Mr bean school of communication. 
    Hi septicsac, 

I completely understand your frustrations here. 

I have spoken with our operations team and they are currently unable to locate the works order for the work you are advising has been done. They are currently investigating this for me and will come back to me as soon as they have an update. 

Once they come back to me I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Sorry and I mean no offence to yourself, but that is the same line I got on the phone when I called. Can you not see how ironic it is that a communications company has a bit more than trouble communicating. I do not need confirmation the work is done. The work was to dig a 3 ft trench and connect DP box to pole, with fibre cable running up pole ready to transfer to next pole and on to my house. Now I dont need confirmation that this was done, I can see it with my own eyes , all I need is an installation date, something Eir had no trouble giving me when work was not complete, but no wont deliver on when it is complete.
    As previous poster has said it is a crying shame the monopoly Eir has been given, but now I have been told there are other providers moving into our area shortly, so unless Eir sort me out soon I will be moving my business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Latest debacle. Ring back after 30th June, as that is forecast date for completed works they said, even though I can see the work complete long b4 then, we will definitely have an update then. Rang back this morning, surprise surprise no update, can't communicate with those who carried out the work and they are the so called leading communications company in Ireland ..  God help us, I think they go to the Mr bean school of communication. 
    Hi septicsac, 

I have spoken with our operations team and they are currently unable to locate the works order for the work you are advising has been done. They are currently investigating this for me and will come back to me as soon as they have an update. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Sorry and I mean no offence to yourself, but that is the same line I got on the phone when I called. Can you not see how ironic it is that a communications company has a bit more than trouble communicating. I do not need confirmation the work is done. The work was to dig a 3 ft trench and connect DP box to pole, with fibre cable running up pole ready to transfer to next pole and on to my house. Now I dont need confirmation that this was done, I can see it with my own eyes , all I need is an installation date, something Eir had no trouble giving me when work was not complete, but no wont deliver on when it is complete.
    As previous poster has said it is a crying shame the monopoly Eir has been given, but now I have been told there are other providers moving into our area shortly, so unless Eir sort me out soon I will be moving my business elsewhere.
    No problem. 

I've contacted the open eir team to get an update on this and to see when an appointment can be arranged for you, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi septicsac, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

No problem. 

I've contacted the open eir team to get an update on this and to see when an appointment can be arranged for you, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    So Eir promised to get back to me last week, Friday at the latest, but surprisingly no call��. Since then I hear kn have attempted a connection for one of my neighbours off same dp box, so seemingly some people can at least get an attempt at connection. Rang eir and guess what this great communication company have still not communicated within its own departments, they now say the work has gone to planning for permission to be carried out, despite the fact the work is visibly complete, it just belies all reason, just when you think things cannot get any more ridiculous they manage to outdo themselves. Now I am being told I will have to wait another 72 hours until they can check same, despite the fact that all that is needed is visible confirmation , with dozens of their vans up and down the road everyday.
    [snipped]
    Unfortunately for me I currently have no alternative, but rumor has it that may change in near future, so unless they get their act together rather quickly then I will have great satisfaction in bringing my business elsewhere. 

And way past the 72 hours now and still have heard nothing, communications company at its very best

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Asgaroth

Wow, just reading through this thread and I thought that paying €60 for a 2Mbit dsl line from Eir was bad (when a 1Gbit fiber connection is €90), now I'm wondering if I should can this lot altogether.

I need broadband (2 links) at home as I work from home, but this is ridiculous altogether. I might look at some wireless providers locally who use the likes of BT for their back hauls and they cost less too.

Asgaroth wrote: »
    Wow, just reading through this thread and I thought that paying €60 for a 2Mbit dsl line from Eir was bad (when a 1Gbit fiber connection is €90), now I'm wondering if I should can this lot altogether.

I need broadband (2 links) at home as I work from home, but this is ridiculous altogether. I might look at some wireless providers locally who use the likes of BT for their back hauls and they cost less too.
    If you have an alternative then its a no brainer, stay clear

So waited 3 days beyond the 72 hours when I was supposed to be contacted back and had to ring myself. Put on hold on 2 occasions and they hung up on both occasions, with neither eir employee having the manners to ring back. Third call eventually got a guy who told me I would have to call back Monday.. ..... It's bad enough the lack of service you receive, the frustration with non fulfillment of installation, but top that off with dealing with an ignoramus who either hangs up or cannot be bothered to call back takes the biscuit. They are on a league of their own, and unfortunately it's the bottom league and rooted to the foot of it too.
    Dont be fooled by so called o line staff here either, they have been of no useful assistance either. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Would suggest that if Eir has failed to connect you to Fibre broadband since Oct last, then they've failed to fulfill the T&C's of the contract which gives you the right to terminate & transfer.

Would suggest that if Eir has failed to connect you to Fibre broadband since Oct last, then they've failed to fulfill the T&C's of the contract which gives you the right to terminate & transfer.
    Unfortunately they are the only game in my area, otherwise they would be long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I've been in rental accommodation for over twenty years. I changed jobs and transferred a bit, so plenty of moving. I have had many many problems with phone companies including Eir. I believe they hire people to answer helplines without enough training. On so many occasions I was speaking to people who did not know what they were talking about. Just wanted get me off the line.

It's so frustrating. They break you. They speak very politely whilst turning you into a crazy emotional wreck.

The other companies are also uninspiring!

Good luck.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I've been in rental accommodation for over twenty years. I changed jobs and transferred a bit, so plenty of moving. I have had many many problems with phone companies including Eir. I believe they hire people to answer helplines without enough training. On so many occasions I was speaking to people who did not know what they were talking about. Just wanted get me off the line.

It's so frustrating. They break you. They speak very politely whilst turning you into a crazy emotional wreck.

The other companies are also uninspiring!

Good luck.
    Have changed supplier for phone several times and no doubt none are angels, but eir are in my experience in a league of their own. Sky and vodafone in my experience try to resolve issues, v where as Eir know they have a monopoly and think they can do as they please.
    The silence from their so called online representation in here says enough, all they seem interested in is getting you in private so issues are not discussed in an open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Have changed supplier for phone several times and no doubt none are angels, but eir are in my experience in a league of their own. Sky and vodafone in my experience try to resolve issues, v where as Eir know they have a monopoly and think they can do as they please.
    The silence from their so called online representation in here says enough, all they seem interested in is getting you in private so issues are not discussed in an open forum.

That's a very good point, try to keep it hushed.

Have you ever noticed how good these companies are when they are trying to sign us up? Can't do enough. Top service. Once they've got ya everything changes.

Advertisement