Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE player on Amazon Firestick

• 30-12-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I recently purchased a Firestick and am trying to load the Irish players (RTE & 3) on it. I have sideloaded the apps but RTE just freezes & the 3 player only plays the program on the top on the screen. Has anyone managed to install these properly? I am based in Ireland so there aren't any legal issues. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jaymzc30

I downloaded the rte player apk from m.apkpure.com via the downloader app on the firestick.

You will also need the mouse toggle for it to work as its interface not designed for firestick yet..

mouse toggle can be got from tinyurl.com/firetvmouse again via downloader app. Javascript has to be enabled.

To enable the mouse click pause/play button twice quickly.

Also install from Unknown Sources needs to be enabled under the Device settings.

Mine is working perfect. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 12 L1234

jaymzc30 wrote: »
    I downloaded the rte player apk from m.apkpure.com via the downloader app on the firestick.

You will also need the mouse toggle for it to work as its interface not designed for firestick yet..

mouse toggle can be got from tinyurl.com/firetvmouse again via downloader app. Javascript has to be enabled.

To enable the mouse click pause/play button twice quickly.

Also install from Unknown Sources needs to be enabled under the Device settings.

Mine is working perfect. Hope this helps

I'm trying to download it now and its taking ages. Did it take long to download for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

I Find with the RTE Player when you try to watch something live the picture freezes or the sound and picture are not balanced properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

L1234 wrote: »
    I'm trying to download it now and its taking ages. Did it take long to download for you?

Same problem myself did you get it downloaded in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarTLK

Hi all - i followed brilliant advice of JMZc30 - the only thing is to also turn on ADB debugging in settings - its working perfectly :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mossy464

Hi guys

I followed the instructions here to install rte player and the mouse toggle but I can't scroll or anything through the app.

I can only play what's on the top half of any menus or screens.

Is this expected?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

You can scroll if you place the mouse toggle cursor to the right of the screen and press and hold the middle button on the fire remote while also simultaneously using either the up or down, this allows you to scroll up and down, still very clunky but allows you to see more of the apps contents.

You may need to re position the mouse toggle to be able to scroll more.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

Anyone know an easy way of getting RTE on a Firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flowers_

Vinter wrote: »
    Hi, I recently purchased a Firestick and am trying to load the Irish players (RTE & 3) on it. I have sideloaded the apps but RTE just freezes & the 3 player only plays the program on the top on the screen. Has anyone managed to install these properly? I am based in Ireland so there aren't any legal issues. Thanks

Download the RTE player apk version 1.0.1 It's a bit difficult to find, but it's working perfectly for me on my amazon fire stick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flowers_

finlma wrote: »
    Anyone know an easy way of getting RTE on a Firestick?

Download the RTE player apk version 1.0.1 It's a bit difficult to find, but it's working perfectly for me on my amazon fire stick :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement