If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer Elite Speakers atmos q

Options
  • 30-12-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I moved house recently and have a new layout for my home theatre setup. I’m interested in beefing up some of my speakers and have a few Qs.
    I’ve previously gotten all of my gear from yourselves.
    Current setup
    Demon AVR X2300w setup for 7.1
    Fronts Gale silver monitors
    Surrounds & rear Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

I’m interested in using the atmos capability of the Denon but am afraid I might have to loose my rear channels to do this, and not sure if the trade off would be worth it.
    End goal would be to have a full 7.1.2 setup.
    I saw you guys have the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR speakers which seem to be getting good reviews.

So my questions!
    Can I achieve 7.1.2 with above setup?
    Would the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LRs be much better the my current Gales? If so would it be worth the purchase to future proof for my next AVR?
    Do I need to upgrade my AVR to achieve 7.1.2? If so any recommendations?ive always had denons.
    Can all the above be done in a reasonable price that won’t get me divorced??

Thanks as always guys!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I moved house recently and have a new layout for my home theatre setup. I’m interested in beefing up some of my speakers and have a few Qs.
    I’ve previously gotten all of my gear from yourselves.
    Current setup
    Demon AVR X2300w setup for 7.1
    Fronts Gale silver monitors
    Surrounds & rear Yamaha NS-b285.
    Centre Yamaha ns-c385
    Sub Yamaha NS-sw 280

I’m interested in using the atmos capability of the Denon but am afraid I might have to loose my rear channels to do this, and not sure if the trade off would be worth it.
    End goal would be to have a full 7.1.2 setup.
    I saw you guys have the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR speakers which seem to be getting good reviews.

So my questions!
    Can I achieve 7.1.2 with above setup?
    Would the Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LRs be much better the my current Gales? If so would it be worth the purchase to future proof for my next AVR?
    Do I need to upgrade my AVR to achieve 7.1.2? If so any recommendations?ive always had denons.
    Can all the above be done in a reasonable price that won’t get me divorced??

Thanks as always guys!
    Hi Keoin18.

Nice setup that you already have there.

Upgrading to the Pioneer Atmos would be a big improvement as they sound fantastic.
    They currently retail for £599. I could do a pair for £550 delivered.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201260-s-bs73a-lr.aspx

You would only be able to get 5.1.2 from the AVRX2300 as you would require a 9.1 amp to be able to run 7.1.2
    There is also a jump in price to get a 9.1 amp.

The next Denon up for 9.1 would be the AVRX4400 priced at £1099 - Total monster of an amp.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202923-denon-avrx4400.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Keoin18

Hi Keoin18.

Nice setup that you already have there.

Upgrading to the Pioneer Atmos would be a big improvement as they sound fantastic.
    They currently retail for £599. I could do a pair for £550 delivered.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201260-s-bs73a-lr.aspx

You would only be able to get 5.1.2 from the AVRX2300 as you would require a 9.1 amp to be able to run 7.1.2
    There is also a jump in price to get a 9.1 amp.

The next Denon up for 9.1 would be the AVRX4400 priced at £1099 - Total monster of an amp.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202923-denon-avrx4400.aspx#tabProductDetails-tab

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the quick reply Kenny.
    I’m Dublin based so how much in € for the speakers (or just put it through as £)?

I started doing some research after posting and the AVR x4400 did cross my path.
    Is there enough atmos content out there at the mo to justify buying into it now do you think? Also is it worth it?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Keoin.

Atmos is 100% worth the upgrade - BUT and this is a (BIG BUT) its not worth losing your rears for!

If you just wanted to go with the Pioneers we can do them at £549 / £649 - but as ever with us you can pay in whatever currency suits you best or works out cheapest :)

If you wanted to go with the Pioneer S-BS73A LR WITH the stunning Denon AVRX4400 we could do you a Boardie bundle deal at just £1499 / €1749 ...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Keoin.

Atmos is 100% worth the upgrade - BUT and this is a (BIG BUT) its not worth losing your rears for!

If you just wanted to go with the Pioneers we can do them at £549 / £649 - but as ever with us you can pay in whatever currency suits you best or works out cheapest :)

If you wanted to go with the Pioneer S-BS73A LR WITH the stunning Denon AVRX4400 we could do you a Boardie bundle deal at just £1499 / €1749 ...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks john,
    Wife is gonna kill me but it’s a good deal for the speakers and reciver!
    Can you pm me for details for payment?
    Also might need banana plugs for one of the speakers too if I can?
    Thanks
    Eoin

Hi Keoin.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks john,
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Drop me over your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call to complete the order.

• Advertisement

Hi Keoin.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks john,
    Thanks
    Eoin

Hi Keoin.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks john,
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Hey Keoin18.

It's not as you can even hide it as the 4400 is a monster.

If its only the one pair of banana plugs you need it can throw them in with the deal.

If you PM your contact number we can give you a call.

Hey Keoin18.

If its only the one pair of banana plugs you need it can throw them in with the deal.

Yeah it looks like a beast! Have her on side now!!
    I pm’d you there now.
    Just 2 pairs of banana plugs for the atmos connections!
    Thanks
    Eoin

Hey Keoin18.

Yeah it looks like a beast! Have her on side  now!!
    I pm’d you there now.
    Just 2 pairs of banana plugs for the atmos connections!
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Cheers Eoin.

Will call you ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.