Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 43UJ670V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD TV £306 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Cheers OP just bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

£419 now

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

vicwatson wrote: »
    £419 now

That's the price from a different seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

The 43UJ635V is €429 from Harvey Norman. Paid €644 for it in June this year. Excellent TV.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-43-ultra-hd-4k-tv-43uj635v.html

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Still £299 as per screen shot
    Attached

• Advertisement

YNYRC9A6ScuYa6KNdgKIeg.png

My bad

Anyone know if you can get saorview on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks OP, approx €345 delivered (using Revolut for currency conversion) looks a great TV for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

For those who want bigger. The 49 inch model is good value at €440 euro delivered. (Revolut)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06XW4H9CG/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1&mv_style_name=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

givecredit wrote: »
    For those who want bigger. The 49 inch model is good value at €440 euro delivered. (Revolut)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06XW4H9CG/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1&mv_style_name=5

thanks for the info,
    just ordered, thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Is there much difference between this and what’s on offer on amazon

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-43uj630v.aspx

mad m wrote: »

There is an extra HDMI port compared to the UJ630 as well as a few other small differences such as Ultra Luminance with this model.
    I have seen that the 670 has the a centre pedastal stand, the 630 has the feet at either side.
    This has a few extra 'higher end' features of the 700/800 series, but there is a big difference in the actual panel technology and how it is lit ( you should research this so you know the pros and cons of both).

Silver metal body

This is an edge-lit ISP panel, the 630 is backlit LCD - THIS IS A BIG
    Ultra luminance
    Local dimming

mad m wrote: »

Richersounds link for this tv

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Wish I could justify splashing out on this lg. Looks great for the money.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Anyone know if you can get saorview on this?

Anyone? If I plug it into a saorview aerial, can’t find if it has an mpeg 4 tuner. Also does this have freesat AND Freeview (as per richer sounds description)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Anyone? If I plug it into a saorview aerial, can’t find if it has an mpeg 4 tuner. Also does this have freesat AND Freeview (as per richer sounds description)

yes I have an older smaller lg, and it picks up Saorview fine, so I imagine the newer ones do also,
    hope that helps

Yes it will saorview. Also has freesat HD. It's listed on freesat website. It will have freeview if you live in freeview reception Area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

All UK / Freeview TV's have the requisite tuner onboard to deliver Saorview

It's curious how the video for the TV on Amazon's product page gives a far more accurate impression of the TV's depth (40 seconds in), which is certainly at odds with the more svelte image the LG promo shots on the same page suggest.

I know it's a non-issue for many, but those who prefer to wall-mount a set may want to factor that in.

uj670_alt_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It's curious how the video for the TV on Amazon's product page gives a far more accurate impression of the TV's depth (40 seconds in), which is certainly at odds with the more svelte image the LG promo shots on the same page suggest.

I know it's a non-issue for many, but those who prefer to wall-mount a set may want to factor that in.

uj670_alt_3.jpg

It's possible the 43 inch has a thicker back than for example the 55 inch. Would make sense as the 43 inch would have less space to store some of it's hardware so would need to put it in the back towards the bottom. Might not be this at all though either, not sure.

Out of stock in a few places, is it being discontinued, wonder will amazon actually get them back in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

When I add the £299 seller to the basket the price goes up to £357..

Whoopsie looks like price gone up to £357 now

Whoopsie looks like price gone up to £357 now

£379 now. Let’s hope they honour the £299 which was a steal.

£379 now. Let’s hope they honour the £299 which was a steal.

How’s Amazon’s form on this, are they like ARGOS that honour prices of goods when you reserve them for collection ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

have this tv for the past 12 months and its whopper. Picture is amazing.

has everything, saorview, freesat, netflix and now tv apps, also has an IPTV app which if you know what that can do is absolutely amazing. even the web browser is great. Only negative is that it dropped the spotify app, was handy for tunes if throwing a sesh.

air mouse remote makes navigation a doddle for everything has voice recognition too if you want to be a prick and show off to your mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

eoinf wrote: »
    have this tv for the past 12 months and its whopper. Picture is amazing.

has everything, saorview, freesat, netflix and now tv apps, also has an IPTV app which if you know what that can do is absolutely amazing. even the web browser is great. Only negative is that it dropped the spotify app, was handy for tunes if throwing a sesh.

air mouse remote makes navigation a doddle for everything has voice recognition too if you want to be a prick and show off to your mates.

Does anyone know if the 49 inch version from Amazon comes with the magic remote? It was specifically mentioned on the 43 inch but not on the 49. I know it's magic remote ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

cronos wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 49 inch version from Amazon comes with the magic remote? It was specifically mentioned on the 43 inch but not on the 49. I know it's magic remote ready.

I doubt it. I just got this 49" from Currys yesterday and it didn't come with one. http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/lg-49uj634v-49-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/343533/397.0.2

Tempted to pick one up though myself. DID have the 2017 model for €30. https://www.did.ie/lg-2017-magic-remote-control-black-an-mr650a-aeu-an-mr650a-aeu-prd

• Advertisement

"Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

Wonder will it ever be shipped...

PCDub wrote: »
    "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

Wonder will it ever be shipped...

Where d'ya see that?

On amazon site, was checking and saw the one shipped by amazon themselves is showing as "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months." This is the one i and i presume others on this thread bought. Can also be seen if you click the "13 new from £379" link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Looks like the agent hasn't got a clue when you will get the TV either!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

I also ordered one of these. The status of my order is:
    "Dispatching now
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Is this the same as everyone else?

Mine says "Arriving 1 Feb - 27 Feb"

• Advertisement

Order update
    LG 43UJ670V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV (2017 Model)"
    Estimated arrival date: February 01 2018 - February 27 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

PCDub wrote:

I'm the same thankfully not in a rush for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

For anyone trying to get a handle on what the variance in model number means for the LG TV's

http://en.tab-tv.com/?page_id=7111

PCDub wrote: »

same here - no issue - at least we know now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Had a look at it in the local DID (€499) Happy out and and in no rush as I got the same email re: Feb Delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I'd imagine a lot of people will cancel the order, so fingers crossed we get it a bit sooner.

Must be a record for amazon? Sounds like they only put the orders through to LG once they had the orders in

just got an delivery update - now expected January 17th to 18th and payment has gone through my revolut card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Don't hold out too much hope. I ordered this TV from Amazon on Black Friday and was given three different delivery dates. The order was ultimately cancelled on the 23rd. My Prime membership was extended by a month for the inconvenience.

RonanC wrote: »
    Don't hold out too much hope. I ordered this TV from Amazon on Black Friday and was given three different delivery dates. The order was ultimately cancelled on the 23rd. My Prime membership was extended by a month for the inconvenience.

Did you kick up a fuss? What excuse did they give you?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

If payment has been pre-authorised, then that's the final stage before they prep for shipping (I.e. Stock is allocated), so would be pretty confident.

just got an delivery update - now expected January 17th to 18th and payment has gone through my revolut card.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    If payment has been pre-authorised, then that's the final stage before they prep for shipping (I.e. Stock is allocated), so would be pretty confident.

I am:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

Yamanoto wrote: »
    All UK / Freeview TV's have the requisite tuner onboard to deliver Saorview

I have an indoor aerial attached and tried to tune in Saorview but it didn't pick up and channels am I doing anything wrong ?

My LG model number is 43UJ635V

Please any help would I would be very grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I have an indoor aerial attached and tried to tune in Saorview but it didn't pick up and channels am I doing anything wrong ?

My LG model number is 43UJ635V

Please any help would I would be very grateful.

Check which country you have the TV set to.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

eoinf wrote: »
    Check which country you have the TV set to.

I have it set to Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement