Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 43UJ670V 43 inch 4K Ultra HD TV £306 delivered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I have it set to Ireland

Make sure you have antenna ticked when selecting your programme tuning mode. An indoor aerial may be your issue - try it close to a window if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunkyJunky6969

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Make sure you have antenna ticked when selecting your programme tuning mode. An indoor aerial may be your issue - try it close to a window if possible.

Thanks yes I have that ticked as well.
    Ok I'll try get it closer to a window.
    Does this TV model really Saorview compatible ?
    I include a picture of the aerial I used.
    Is this the right type of aerial to use ?

Thanks yes I have that ticked as well.
    Ok I'll try get it closer to a window.
    Does this TV model really Saorview compatible ?
    I include a picture of the aerial I used.
    Is this the right type of aerial to use ?

It's compatible alright.

If you're in an area of good signal strength, even a rabbits ears from a €2 shop will deliver Saorview. If you're not, a UHF rooftop aerial can be installed for relatively little outlay.

Terrestrial forum is probably a better place to troubleshoot issues you're having with Saorview reception. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

It's compatible alright.

If you're in an area of good signal strength, even a rabbits ears from a €2 shop will deliver Saorview. If you're not, a UHF rooftop aerial can be installed for relatively little outlay.

Terrestrial forum is probably a better place to troubleshoot issues you're having with Saorview reception. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Thank you it's annoying !

I have it set to Ireland

Just on this, set it to the UK if you also want the Freesat element on that model - it'll still tune in Saorview channels, but they'll be up in the 800's.

Just on this, set it to the UK if you also want the Freesat element on that model - it'll still tune in Saorview channels, but they'll be up in the 800's.

Did you have a look at the attachment with the photo of the aerial I am using.

Could you please tell me if that is the correct aerial to use ?

Those amplified indoor aerials are a bit of a crock, but it should do it if you're in an area with adequate signal & it's optimally placed to receive it. Rooftop or loft preferable though.

Those amplified indoor aerials are a bit of a crock, but it should do it if you're in an area with adequate signal & it's optimally placed to receive it. Rooftop or loft preferable though.

I really appreciate your help. But unfortunately I have tried the UK location as well and it's picking up nothing.

I will hopefully get Sky Q multiscreen in the future. But would like to have Saorview as a backup if I ever cancel Sky Q.

Can I get Saorview through my existing Sky Dish ? Also do you think the Sky engineer would install Saorview on my TV whilst he is hooking up Sky Q ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Might be worth asking in the satellite and tv forum?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Might be worth asking in the satellite and tv forum?

From your experience can you get Saorview through Sky Dish ?

Final question I swear !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

From your experience can you get Saorview through Sky Dish ?

Final question I swear !

No

deco nate wrote: »
    No

Cheers have a good one

Cheers have a good one

Seriously good help in the satellite and tv forum though, worth checking out if you have further issues.

Anyone get an update on this? Amazon are taking the p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Anyone get an update on this? Amazon are taking the p

Mine is being delivered tomorrow

• Advertisement

Mine is being delivered tomorrow

What was despatch date pls?

Friday 12th Jan

Friday 12th Jan

You'll definitely have a problem getting Saorview on LG TVs. It has a reputation for it.

You'll definitely have a problem getting Saorview on LG TVs. It has a reputation for it.

have the LG 55" from the other bargain before Christmas and no problem with Saorview on it.

That's complete nonsense.

You've been advised by both myself & another poster to take your own particular issue to the Satellite / Terrestrial TV Forum.

• Advertisement

That's complete nonsense.

You've been advised by both myself & another poster to take your own particular issue to the Satellite / Terrestrial TV Forum.

Peace out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Just noticed it was back in Stock/Shipped by Amazon but my delivery date was still saying delivery Feb 1 - Feb 28 to my Irish Address ,
    I changed delivery address to Parcel Motel and it is being delivered tomorrow for £299 total.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Just noticed it was back in Stock/Shipped by Amazon but my delivery date was still saying delivery Feb 1 - Feb 28 to my Irish Address ,
    I changed delivery address to Parcel Motel and it is being delivered tomorrow for £299 total.

How much for parcel motel delivery on this? Do they ship it to your house? I’ve never seen lockers that would fit a tv

Mine was delivered yesterday and when I opened the box it was damaged. :eek: Dent on the top corner both on the silver trim and the hard plastic casing. It had obviously been dropped in transit so have had to return it for replacement.
    Replacement will be delivered next week after I changed the delivery address to DPD NI. Prior to that waiting on delivery estimate. Thanks TimHorton.

Getting the replacement was an issue as the item was out of stock yesterday. Only option been given was a refund which I obviously wasn't happy with so had to go through chat and two levels of call backs until I got to the 'escalation' level where they agreed to do the refund and credit my account with the difference between what I paid (£306) and what it was available for (£399) from another seller. I was also given £20 by the person on chat for the inconvenience. Left it to the PO this morning and the refund was in my account by lunchtime! When I went to order it again it was back on sale by Amazon and will be delivered next week as above.

A lot of hassle:mad: but happy now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Mine was delivered yesterday and when I opened the box it was damaged. :eek: Dent on the top corner both on the silver trim and the hard plastic casing. It had obviously been dropped in transit so have had to return it for replacement.
    Replacement will be delivered next week after I changed the delivery address to DPD NI. Prior to that waiting on delivery estimate. Thanks TimHorton.

Getting the replacement was an issue as the item was out of stock yesterday. Only option been given was a refund which I obviously wasn't happy with so had to go through chat and two levels of call backs until I got to the 'escalation' level where they agreed to do the refund and credit my account with the difference between what I paid (£306) and what it was available for (£399) from another seller. I was also given £20 by the person on chat for the inconvenience. Left it to the PO this morning and the refund was in my account by lunchtime! When I went to order it again it was back on sale by Amazon and will be delivered next week as above.

How much did DPD delivery cost, did you do it via Parcel Wizard?

pm1977x wrote: »
    How much did DPD delivery cost, did you do it via Parcel Wizard?

I expect it will be €3.85 + €10 for oversize based on info on website.

I expect it will be €3.85 + €10 for oversize based on info on website.

I was looking earlier and think it's approx €25 but wasn't sure...3.85 + 10 + a weird multiple of the box dimensions divided by 6000, minus 20, times 0.70 or something similarly convoluted.

Thanks for the tip on this, changed to Parcel Wizard address last night and it was dispatched today for delivery to PW Wednesday.

Think they've started to dispatch them directly now

Think they've started to dispatch them directly now

Well that would be typical, I've waited weeks and no update :pac:

• Advertisement

Parcel Motel was €7 for Delivery - Collection as Local Depot which is directly across from where I work so worked out grand.

Mine just arrive to the door - €3.85 DPD

How is the TV , Are you Happy with it ?

I am travelling with Work this week so have to wait until the weekend to open/setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

What did you change for that to happen

Nolars wrote: »
    What did you change for that to happen

Just changed delivery address to DPD parcel wizard.
    Was expecting it to be more than €3.85. Would have been happy to pay a bit extra to finally get it

How is the TV , Are you Happy with it ?

I am travelling with Work this week so have to wait until the weekend to open/setup.

Still in box, will set it up later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

I thought I had secured this TV for a decent price weeks ago when OP posted. I just checked my account to see the status. It is still in my basket but at a much higher price . Is this normal for Amazon?

My understanding was I secured it at that price (i received an order number etc) but it was out of stock and I was waiting for it to come back in.
    Suppose I better cancel before they dispatch at this higher price?

Beans_On wrote: »
    I thought I had secured this TV for a decent price weeks ago when OP posted. I just checked my account to see the status. It is still in my basket but at a much higher price . Is this normal for Amazon?

My understanding was I secured it at that price (i received an order number etc) but it was out of stock and I was waiting for it to come back in.
    Suppose I better cancel before they dispatch at this higher price?

Contact customer services. Explain what you have here, I’d be surprised if they don’t honour the price, even if it’s not ready to be shipped

Is the lower price on the order confirmation ? What date did you order ?

Mine arrived up north, picked option to have it delivered to local shop and it only charged me the €3.85, very impressed with price (once it actually shows up!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Contact customer services. Explain what you have here, I’d be surprised if they don’t honour the price, even if it’s not ready to be shipped

Is the lower price on the order confirmation ? What date did you order ?

Yeah they are going to honor the price. Still no idea when it will be dispatched tho

Picked mine up from the shop, very convenient for €3.85 all in, only problem was the box had a small gash in the front middle of it which didn't bode well.

Got it home, opened it up and the protective cover had a small hole in a similar location, again didn't bode well.

Set it up, powered it up and hey presto it's buggered!

Picked mine up from the shop, very convenient for €3.85 all in, only problem was the box had a small gash in the front middle of it which didn't bode well.

Got it home, opened it up and the protective cover had a small hole in a similar location, again didn't bode well.

Seriously bad luck, hope you get sorted.

I've had trouble with chat just offering the 20 quid and then pointing me in the direction of the older model costing 349! I'm going to try the call back and escalate it, fairly cheesed off now at this point so may just go bricks and mortar and pay the extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

givecredit wrote: »
    There is an extra HDMI port compared to the UJ630 as well as a few other small differences such as Ultra Luminance with this model.
    I have seen that the 670 has the a centre pedastal stand, the 630 has the feet at either side.
    This has a few extra 'higher end' features of the 700/800 series, but there is a big difference in the actual panel technology and how it is lit ( you should research this so you know the pros and cons of both).

Silver metal body

This is an edge-lit ISP panel, the 630 is backlit LCD - THIS IS A BIG
    Ultra luminance
    Local dimming

I have the back lit version and it’s terrible for actually being able to see the light bars behind the screen, is edge lit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭PCDub

Mine turned up yesterday and like yours had a hole just right of the middle and when i removed the screen it had a small scratch at the same location. Have managed to clean it up a bit and its only noticable now when the tv is off. Switched the tv on and all seems grand so will just live with it. How so many of these are getting damaged from amazon is very strange.

• Advertisement

PCDub wrote: »
    Mine turned up yesterday and like yours had a hole just right of the middle and when i removed the screen it had a small scratch at the same location. Have managed to clean it up a bit and its only noticable now when the tv is off. Switched the tv on and all seems grand so will just live with it. How so many of these are getting damaged from amazon is very strange.

The packaging on those are sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭PCDub

The packaging on those are sh1te

Agreed but something or someone is punching holes in the boxes and no packaging i've seen can stop that.

PCDub wrote: »
    Agreed but something or someone is punching holes in the boxes and no packaging i've seen can stop that.

Warehouse staff & couriers don’t give a fiddlers either, the couriers are under pressure alright but there too many involved in getting this from a to b without it being busted. It is possible mind you, got one from England in the past and arrived in perfect condition, though the Panasonic packaging was far superior than LG’s

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Assuming your TV box has it, the Now TV offer sticker on the side is 3 free months of Entertainment package.

Overnight I got an update email from escalation team saying it was back in stock, they were sorry for what happened and were dispatching a new one immediately at no extra cost, so finally they got their act together, but it took 3 or 4 emails of them trying to fob me off before they did the right thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement