Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Restore Question

Options
  • 30-12-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭

You know when you do a system restore, that will only affect your C drive where windows and your programs are installed doesn't it? It shouldn't mess with my D drive where I have games and media files and other stuff?

Also if I do have games installed to D will it affect them do you think? Windows is on my SSD in C, everything else is on my 1 tb D drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Depends on what you installed when and when your restore points are from. Eg if you installed a game last week and use an older restore point, that game wont work, but its files should be untouched. A RP is basically a snapshot of the machine's configuration. You could make a new one now, then you could revert* back to that later if necessary.

*See what I did there? :) None of your(not you OP..) newspeak "revert to you" crap! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, Im just worried about save files for a couple of games Ive put 100+ hours into, I managed to grab them last night but it looks like a reinstall of Windows is needed and Id did a system restore before I thought of saving them, hopefully they'll be okay.

Advertisement