Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemate won't pay bills 50/50

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Daftness. Does she expect the fridge to run while she is away? Freezer?

Does she want to be issued a disconnect and re connect charge each time she leaves the house?

I would have that sorted so fast her head would spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Who's name should it go in then? There's no way this wan will put them in her name, she's too tight.

Say she is moving and close the accounts with the providers. Let the landlord or yer wan open a new one if they want electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

That's basically the answer we're looking for at this stage. How to get her the F out of the house!

Letting agency wasn't open today so will try again tomorrow.

Get your GF to tell her it's not working out and giver her a month to find somewhere to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Get your GF to tell her it's not working out and giver her a month to find somewhere to live.

Is the GF allowed to evict another tenant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

Does she pay rent for the time she's away? It kinda works both ways. She can't pay one and not the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Good friend of mine never invited out to dinner anymore with us the odd time we do it, once or twice a year. Himself and his wife ask for the bill as soon as dinner is over and get to work on their sums.

Who had the 2 beers......
    Who drank wine.......
    Who had the chicken.....

Then tell each person/couple what they owe.

Headwrecking stuff. They did it twice and will never get invited again.

Tell the housemate to cop on

Good friend of mine never invited out to dinner anymore with us the odd time we do it, once or twice a year. Himself and his wife ask for the bill as soon as dinner is over and get to work on their sums.

Who had the 2 beers......
    Who drank wine.......
    Who had the chicken.....

Tell the housemate to cop on

The situation described by the op is an absolute joke, the housemate is totally taking the p*ss.

However what you have described is quite normal (from my experience) when a group goes out for dinner. Breaking down the bill is completely fair so I can't see your problem with it. Ok maybe they are being in your face about it or what ever and that's your issue but the act of breaking down the bill so each person pays for what they had is the proper way to deal with a group dinner. if only more places would allow groups to pay individually it would solve a lot of hassle around bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Who had the 2 beers...... Who drank wine....... Who had the chicken.....

This is a totally different scenario. Why should someone who only had a chicken breast and tap water pot the same as someone who had a three course meal with wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Change the wifi password and turn off power to her room on the switch board untill she pays up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Any update brah?

• Advertisement
Advertisement