Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upholsterer in Cork?

Options
  • 30-12-2017 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 piece suite I would like to have re-covered. Can anyone recommend an upholsterer that they were happy with? If you can indicate ballpark cost, I would be ever so grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Diziet wrote: »
    I have a 3 piece suite I would like to have re-covered. Can anyone recommend an upholsterer that they were happy with? If you can indicate ballpark cost, I would be ever so grateful.

The Cork deaf community do it as part of their work programme. I got a couch done recently and it was very good. Around 100 quid for a three person couch collected and delivered. Very pleased with it and happy to support a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My friend got hers covered by McStays ,think they're on Sarsfield rd,not sure of price but she was happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

shafty100 wrote: »
    mod snip.

Why not direct your ire at The Deaf community rather than people innocently availing of their services in the belief that they are helping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I found the receipt this evening to check and it was 175.00. I gave a wrong figure at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Fair enough, they got the price wrong but your theory is,
    Someone recommended the deaf community, the poster contacted them, got a price but should have went elsewhere cos they were too cheap for a good quality job? Makes sense bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

OP here. Appreciate the responses. I am quite happy to decide for myself, I was trying to get input from the knowledgeable posters here.
    shafty100, do you have a ballpark for what reupholstering a 3 seater sofa would cost at a fair price, excluding fabric?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

the labour cost would vary but approx 250 upwards plus the collection and delivery cost , also could be vat involved pending on the business

Advertisement