Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where was this place?

Options
  • 30-12-2017 9:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I went to some town in Donegal around 15 years ago when I was a young fellow and I'm trying to find out where it was.

I remember there was an old stone srch in the town,

There was a fair on and I remember being on a ferris wheel.

I think there was a pub painted yellow in the town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

harvest fair glenties ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

wolfe wrote: »
    harvest fair glenties ?

No I looked that up in google maps and wasn't it, I don't think it was Bundoran either as it wasn't on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Rodden's bar in Buncrana is painted yellow

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-colourful-exterior-of-roddens-pub-in-buncrana-county-donegal-republic-73080348.html

Not sure about a stone arch but there is, or used to be, a small funfair fairly regularly in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Clonmany? Massive festival on there every August with a carnival, market Square had a brick arch, and there's a heap of pubs some of them still painted yelloe

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Ballybofey maybe? Stone archway going into the college court and also the archway at mc connels butchers. Bonners corner bar was painted yellow with beer bubbles around 15 years ago with heineken branding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Ballybofey maybe? Stone archway going into the college court and also the archway at mc connels butchers. Bonners corner bar was painted yellow with beer bubbles around 15 years ago with heineken branding

It's still the same on streetview:)

No wasn't either of those places, I remember the arch was over a road, I am thinking there is a chance this arch was in Derry as I would have drove through it to get there but I am 70% sure it was in this Donegal town. I remember the carnival was in the countryside and you could see a forest when on the ferris wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No wasn't either of those places, I remember the arch was over a road, I am thinking there is a chance this arch was in Derry as I would have drove through it to get there but I am 70% sure it was in this Donegal town. I remember the carnival was in the countryside and you could see a forest when on the ferris wheel.

I have lived in Donegal all my life and I can safely say there are no towns where you drive through an arch in the town so chances are it was Derry where there are 4 different places where you can drive through an arch. The festival could have been in Muff and the forestry you seen was up towards Iskaheen.

I have lived in Donegal all my life and I can safely say there are no towns where you drive through an arch in the town so chances are it was Derry where there are 4 different places where you can drive through an arch. The festival could have been in Muff and the forestry you seen was up towards Iskaheen.

I am shocked noone made a joke about Muff being surrounded by forestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 donalabu

That an old joke. It a bit like Mrs Brown boys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement