Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumped from Choice Seats - Aer Lingus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

It seemed the cabin crew couldn't really get why this had happened either.
    well they would say that !

More likely a high-status in the FF programme got to book the seats they wanted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

trellheim wrote: »
    It seemed the cabin crew couldn't really get why this had happened either.
    well they would say that !

More likely a high-status in the FF programme got to book the seats they wanted
    On board Crew have absolutely no idea about, check in, seating, re-seating, bumping low fare pax for status holders etc. It’s all done by reservations or ground staff who have access to that system. Crew don’t and can’t access that system

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

They don't bump seats for FF, seats for FF are done the day before departure while under airport control. There is one scenario where Aer Lingus will bump you off a flight to make room for a FF, very rare these days but it has been done.

Its the strange business of aircraft changes messes with the seats. The website will not let you change a seat if one is allocated to you.

The up sell of seats for choice and exit rows is through datalex which doesn't really show up in Astral (i.e. it knows you have seat X but isn't sure why...)

The cabin crew do have a list of who the FF are as its noted next to the passenger name and seat number on the manifest.

If you don't get the seat you paid for you get demand a refund, simple as

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

The same happened to me twice before, once on one of the ex Spanish aircraft where there was a massive difference between the exit rows and the tighter seats down the back for someone 6ft3 like me was a nightmare and once on an A320.

If you, as I understand, paid extra to reserve a specific type of seat and they do not provide you with such seat, you would be well within your rights to ask them to refund the fee that you paid for such seat.

They may not be keen on doing it, but you should get it refunded if you play your cards right, I did both times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

devnull wrote: »

If you, as I understand, paid extra to reserve a specific type of seat and they do not provide you with such seat, you would be well within your rights to ask them to refund the fee that you paid for such seat.

This would be standard with all airlines where aircraft changes etc happen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

In my case there was no aircraft change.

My seats were simply allocated to other people when boarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

Sounds like a major PR fail that they would do this. It's bound to raise questions about whether they would go further and bump you off the flight completely, to make way for a more valuable passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

Ryanair do not refund seat picks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

2 years ago I was sitting in my seat 1F when a flight attendant asked me if I would mind swapping with a passenger who had special needs. I said no problem at all. Off I went back to 6B.

Passenger was in fact a "celebrity" who then sat in an empty 1st row. I was a bit peeved so I asked the flight attendant why she had fibbed - she rolled her eyes and told me seats could be reallocated at any time, hard luck.

It was LHR-DUB & I had only paid a small amount for the premium seat, but you can see why I was annoyed. When I complained they refunded me the seat fee, took about 2 months. Have not flown with them since.

As an aside, the celebrity was drunk as a skunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

Arbie wrote: »
    2 years ago I was sitting in my seat 1F when a flight attendant asked me if I would mind swapping with a passenger who had special needs. I said no problem at all. Off I went back to 6B.

Passenger was in fact a "celebrity" who then sat in an empty 1st row. I was a bit peeved so I asked the flight attendant why she had fibbed - she rolled her eyes and told me seats could be reallocated at any time, hard luck.

It was LHR-DUB & I had only paid a small amount for the premium seat, but you can see why I was annoyed. When I complained they refunded me the seat fee, took about 2 months. Have not flown with them since.

As an aside, the celebrity was drunk as a skunk.
    It makes a mockery of the rules that are supposed to be there for safety (or other genuine operational reasons). If a drunk celeb has to be put up the front, to be baby-sat then they should have just denied them boarding.

Advertisement