Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 4 All

Options
  • 30-12-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Does anyone know if One 4 All have stopped being available for Amazon? Bought a watch with my Xmas card from last year during the summer but don’t seem to be able to use the card this year. Slightly disappointing as I had something lined up for it :-/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Stopped doing it in October unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Stopped doing it in October unfortunately

Raging :-/

Thanks for info though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I've been told it'll be doable again in January. But it could just be pub-talk.

Nate

I wonder could you use it in store in M&S UK? Happened to purchase a suit during the week on my credit card but would just return and pay with one for all instead of my amazon purchase. So annoying they aren’t just prepaid mastercards :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jemmyboy wrote: »
    I wonder could you use it in store in M&S UK? Happened to purchase a suit during the week on my credit card but would just return and pay with one for all instead of my amazon purchase. So annoying they aren’t just prepaid mastercards :-/

Nationwide only, not in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

sugarman wrote: »
    You can load them onto a prepaid visa for a small fee.

No you can't.

One4all make their money from charging retail stores high commission rates of up to 12.3%.

Irish issued cards are not valid outside Ireland. UK cards not valid outside UK. No longer accepted to get amazon card. No longer able to purchase a prepaid mastercard.

You can request balance to be cashed out at a fee of €8 subject to checks - if given as part of a tax free employee bonus tax may be applicable if you cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No you can't.

One4all make their money from charging retail stores high commission rates of up to 12.3%.

Irish issued cards are not valid outside Ireland. UK cards not valid outside UK. No longer accepted to get amazon card. No longer able to purchase a prepaid mastercard.

You can request balance to be cashed out at a fee of €8 subject to checks - if given as part of a tax free employee bonus tax may be applicable if you cash out.

Fairly certain you can - but at a limit of €100

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Fairly certain you can - but at a limit of €100

Nate

Here is the link.

nava wrote: »
    Here is the link.

At a fee of up to 30% and a maximum loading of €100?

I got a €250 One4All card last Xmas from work, and cashed it out into my bank account (less the €8 processing fee) a month or two ago. €242 spent where I want is much more use to me than €250 where I can use the card.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got a €250 One4All card last Xmas from work, and cashed it out into my bank account (less the €8 processing fee) a month or two ago. €242 spent where I want is much more use to me than €250 where I can use the card.

How did you manage to cash out to your bank account???

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Up to 30%??? Maths isn't your strong point I see. It's €8 for every €100.

€3 for a tenner is 30%. That's the worst fee, hence "up to" is entirely valid.

Don't accuse posters of having maths issues when you haven't actually worked out the figures.

jemmyboy wrote: »
    How did you manage to cash out to your bank account???

Instructions are in their terms and conditions on their site.

First I called them to cancel the card, then I wrote them a letter saying I wanted the balance sent to my bank account. The letter had my bank details, and I also sent a recent bill, photocopy of my passport, and the card. It was all processed in under a week.

Up to 30%??? Maths isn't your strong point I see. It's €8 for every €100.

It's really not the worst alternative if you can't cash out.

Arithmetic is my strong point, always has been. And in this instance even a primary school kid could work out that €3 of €10 = 30%, therefore the commission is "UP TO 30%" is very accurate statement.

One4all accused me of bad arithmetic saying their commission rate is 12.3% for retailers. They said it was 10%.

Unfortunately revenue commissioners won't share the commission costs, so for any retailer selling items that have 23% vat, the commission rate is 12.3% of net sales which is what a business must look at.

And that's why so few smaller retailers accept the card - and if more retailers understood the arithmetic even less would take it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

These prepaid virtual cards don't have 3d secure and it looks like you can't top them up?

Advertisement