Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air cargo security course module 12

Options
  • 30-12-2017 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me is it true that you must now be employed with a company who are involved in air freight?

I just made queries to do the course only to be told that unless it is through an employer I can’t.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Can someone tell me is it true that you must now be employed with a company who are involved in air freight?

I just made queries to do the course only to be told that unless it is through an employer I can’t.

My knowledge of the situation is that the IAA have tightened up the controls on all airfreight training and certification.. so you can’t just apply, you need to be nominated/give a recommendation by a customer who is registered with the IAA.. do you do any airfreight work currently or is it just something your looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

My knowledge of the situation is that the IAA have tightened up the controls on all airfreight training and certification.. so you can’t just apply, you need to be nominated/give a recommendation by a customer who is registered with the IAA.. do you do any airfreight work currently or is it just something your looking at?

Initially it was just an extra qualification i was looking to attain.

However, a trainer has brought it to my attention that my employer actually is on the list of approved employers for this course, i might ask them to put me forward for it.

Is the course very intense?

For 3 hours duration i wouldn't have thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Initially it was just an extra qualification i was looking to attain.

However, a trainer has brought it to my attention that my employer actually is on the list of approved employers for this course, i might ask them to put me forward for it.

Is the course very intense?

For 3 hours duration i wouldn't have thought so.

Getting your employer to sponsor/propose you for the course would be the way to go.. they might even offer to pay for it!

I haven’t done the drivers course(module 12??) only the office based/forwarders course(module 11??) twice.. from memory it was fairly handy, three hours was generous even!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭cml387

Any company shipping by air needs this, and you need to do it otherwise you cannot enter the stores area (which must have access controls).

I was told it was a pretty entertaining half day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Oddly enough my employer is listed as an approved company for this course, I’ll be seeking a referral to do it.

I have gone into warehouses where they have to lock it down for air cargo purposes even though it was my truck they were loading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement