Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I report this?

• 31-12-2017 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just looking for some advice on a situation I am aware of. Can I report it to the ispca? Are they technically doing anything that can be reposted other than being crappy owners? A family I know, they have a big metal shed out the back, no heating etc just a basic shelter. In it they keep a pug, who can't walk on one leg, it has something wrong with it and needs an operation but they won't bring it to vet. He is in there pretty much all the time. It is constantly harassed and humped by a huge un neutered German Shepard they own.

The German Shepard has killed 3 cats recently. One of whom they adopted from the ispca not long ago. They have a kitten also adopted from the ispca not long ago that is left to wander the back. They refuse to bring her in to be spayed. Even though they also own an unneutered Tom. And for some reason they also adopted a bull mastiff puppy last week. He is allowed in the house for the moment anyway. But it's only a matter of time before he is dumped outside with the rest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

rannerap wrote: »
    Hi all. Just looking for some advice on a situation I am aware of. Can I report it to the ispca? Are they technically doing anything that can be reposted other than being crappy owners? A family I know, they have a big metal shed out the back, no heating etc just a basic shelter. In it they keep a pug, who can't walk on one leg, it has something wrong with it and needs an operation but they won't bring it to vet. He is in there pretty much all the time. It is constantly harassed and humped by a huge un neutered German Shepard they own.

The German Shepard has killed 3 cats recently. One of whom they adopted from the ispca not long ago. They have a kitten also adopted from the ispca not long ago that is left to wander the back. They refuse to bring her in to be spayed. Even though they also own an unneutered Tom. And for some reason they also adopted a bull mastiff puppy last week. He is allowed in the house for the moment anyway. But it's only a matter of time before he is dumped outside with the rest.

Of course report it .. the shelter issue won’t be addressed as by law here they only need basic shelter no mods cons per say .. however a dog with a damaged leg with no vet care this they may look into...

Did you report the dog killing your cats to the guards etc?

The other animals I’d doubt they’ll do anything I’m afraid animal welfare laws in the country are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Yes definitely report it with emphasis on the dodgy leg as this is refusing vet care, something they might be able to do something about. Sound like some gold standard owners there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I would also report them to the animal rescue shelter they adopted these animals from. They need to be made aware of the situation. It sickens me how people can be so irresponsible. This country really needs to look at the outdated laws regarding animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Only the cat that was killed and the young girl cat came from the ispca as far as I know. Do they even do follow up wellness checks or anything similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

rannerap wrote: »
    Do they even do follow up wellness checks or anything similar?

AFAIK they only phone to confirm that your happy to keep the adopted pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP please be aware that we can't discuss the ispcas capacity as a rehoming organisation in this forum, only in their capacity as the national organisation that deals with cruelty cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucanRatz

Hi folks, latest forum I could find on reporting to ISPCA.

Moved into a house last year and our first winter we had rats out out backgarden(hence the name and area). I hired pest control and they did their job JAN 2020. They had a look around and advised us our biggest problem is our neighbour as they are not picking up after their dog which is attracting the rats. Also there is decking which he thinks they are living under. I spoke with my neighbour and she had the council out for her pest control. All summer I witnessed her teenager throwing the dog waste over the wall into an idle field and on hot summer days the smell is horrendous! Oct 2020 rats were back, professional pest control out again advising the same with dog waste all over the small back garden. Ive already spoken to them and shown them video evidence(as big as rabbits) and they havent changed their behaviour.

Also I feel their Collie is being abused in this situation as he's living in filth and at risk of the rodents!!!! I say they havent cleaned up since the schools went back. The dog is out the back all day until they return home where he is kept inside for the night.

Any advise is appreciated on where I can report this. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

LucanRatz wrote: »
    Hi folks, latest forum I could find on reporting to ISPCA.

Moved into a house last year and our first winter we had rats out out backgarden(hence the name and area). I hired pest control and they did their job JAN 2020. They had a look around and advised us our biggest problem is our neighbour as they are not picking up after their dog which is attracting the rats. Also there is decking which he thinks they are living under. I spoke with my neighbour and she had the council out for her pest control. All summer I witnessed her teenager throwing the dog waste over the wall into an idle field and on hot summer days the smell is horrendous! Oct 2020 rats were back, professional pest control out again advising the same with dog waste all over the small back garden. Ive already spoken to them and shown them video evidence(as big as rabbits) and they havent changed their behaviour.

Also I feel their Collie is being abused in this situation as he's living in filth and at risk of the rodents!!!! I say they havent cleaned up since the schools went back. The dog is out the back all day until they return home where he is kept inside for the night.

Any advise is appreciated on where I can report this. Thanks.

Try the Environmental Health at the Council? re the rats and the smell..

Advertisement