Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

no one within the club was ever talking up the quadruple either,

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/25765975

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

ozzy jr wrote: »

Reeling in the years there, they weren’t contenders for a quadruple that year anyways.

Stick to your Liverpool thread, I’m sure there’s a great story of Brewsters great grand mother having a drink with Klopps grandfather in a bar in Frankfurt in 1956 saying a German will win ye the league one or some other ****e like that ye love to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What's with all the non City fans on this thread, its gas. Trying to dance on a grave after as narrow a defeat as you can get. Just shows how bitter other fans are, its more about other clubs failures than their own clubs successes.

Pep never said the owners expect him to win 3 in a row. That's nonsense. Of course a goal is to win the champs league, I think he will do it personally. Was incredibly fine margins on Wednesday. But just because he hasn't doesn't really bother me, and I would say most other City fans.

He was brought to the club to change the culture, implement a style and to first and foremost play wonderful football with trophies to follow. He's more than delivering on all of these points. This is the greatest time supporting Man City I have ever had and I am loving every minute of it, even with the extra stress it can bring as the stakes are higher :) They were in contention for a quadruple up until Mid April, no one within the club was ever talking up the quadruple either, it was particularly notable that journalists & other fans were doing the talking. Methinks in a pre emptive attempt to paint anything else as a failure, which is the funniest thing of all.

Whenever he leaves the club will be in a much better position than it was, whether they have won the champs league or not. Trying to paint any minor setback as a MASSIVE failure, particularly when the likes of Liverpool have literally won nothing so far yet since Klopps come inamuses me, greatly.

Carry on though, you won't ever bring us down from this high. Its all dreamland since 2008 and we'll never forget where we came from.

Someone's getting a bit tetchy

gstack166 wrote: »
    Reeling in the years there, they weren’t contenders for a quadruple that year anyways.

Stick to your Liverpool thread, I’m sure there’s a great story of Brewsters great grand mother having a drink with Klopps grandfather in a bar in Frankfurt in 1956 saying a German will win ye the league one or some other ****e like that ye love to talk about.

The previous poster said "no one EVER spoke of the quadruple".

And I'm not a Liverpool fan. I've told you before I don't support any British clubs, but I do enjoy watching English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah in fairness, that article is from 2014... it's not talking about this season, it was just talking about trying to win everything available as a concept.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, that article is from 2014... it's not talking about this season, it was just talking about trying to win everything available as a concept.

He says its inevitable, so you could say he's talking about every season.

He said it anyway, that's the important point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He says its inevitable, so you could say he's talking about every season.

He said it anyway, that's the important point.

Talk about pedantic. I assume the poster was talking about this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Making it look like handball doesnt mean it was
    It quite clearly came off his hip.

Pep was going mad for VARS when it suited him on the sideline. From what I've seen the system works and you lot are in a FA Cup final as a result of no VAR in your game against Swansea when the other quarterfinal had one.

Over 180 mins you couldn't put away an injury ridden depleted spurs squad. Also felt pep got it wrong from a subs perspective in how late he left it

I never said it wasnt. I just said it was unlucky. VAR is fine if done right. And yeah like every club we have been on the right side of some wrong decisions in the past like swansea being an example(and also been on the wrong side of wrong decisions). We battered them though, its not the reason we are in a cup final, whos to say we would have got an equalizer anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

And breath for couple of more days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

There is always a hangover from Champions league games. Happy with that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Mulumpy wrote: »
    And breath for couple of more days!!!

IF we win the league, it will be via several heart attacks along the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1120598623736270850

Condolences to Billy's family and friends on this sad news.

Pep has this right.

Yep ,on edge the whole game.

WHAT A WIN!!

Beating United at home is Victory in itself .Next game PLEASE.

230114_908223010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hate this fixture chain smoking throughout never can relax

hate this fixture chain smoking throughout never can relax

Your username suggests otherwise ... :D

Your username suggests otherwise ... :D

At that ground

At that ground

Maybe you should change your handle to OCT 23 2011, then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What an immensely satisfying win. This day last week I was still getting over the Spurs result, now I'm on a high. That's what City do to you.

No matter how many times we do it, and its been quite a regular occurrence the last 7 years but going to Old Trafford and completely playing them off the park will never get old.

A true champions performance.

Now to finish the job over the next 3 games. All of them tricky in a way.

• Advertisement

What an immensely satisfying win. This day last week I was still getting over the Spurs result, now I'm on a high. That's what City do to you.

No matter how many times we do it, and its been quite a regular occurrence the last 7 years but going to Old Trafford and completely playing them off the park will never get old.

A true champions performance.

Now to finish the job over the next 3 games. All of them tricky in a way.
    6 times in the last 8 seasons, I think. Pep the first visiting manager to win three consecutive games there. It's very enjoyable to witness it. Particularly when you think how many times we had our arses handed to us there. I still have nightmares about the 0-5 there, sometime around 1994. Kanchelskis hat trick, and the legend that is Simon Tracey in goal.
    :(

blueser wrote: »
    6 times in the last 8 seasons, I think. Pep the first visiting manager to win three consecutive games there. It's very enjoyable to witness it. Particularly when you think how many times we had our arses handed to us there. I still have nightmares about the 0-5 there, sometime around 1994. Kanchelskis hat trick, and the legend that is Simon Tracey in goal.
    :(

The five nil

Listened not watched on the unscrambled sky sports because we couldn't afford it

Into school after that the **** laying into me and another kid

They think they had it bad in Manchester schools

Serve returned .

Serve returned .
    In a way, the margin of victory for Liverpool tonight is irrelevant (apart from the obvious lift a five goal win gives to any team), the fact that they did win is the main thing for them. I fully expect them to finish on 97 points, which we can't finish on, if my maths is correct. Therefore, GD will not be an issue. If they were to draw one of their last two games, and we lose one; then, GD would be a factor. But as I already said, I see them winning their last two games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

blueser wrote: »
    In an odd way, the margin of victory for Liverpool tonight is irrelevant (apart from the obvious lift a five goal win gives to any team), the fact that they did win is the main thing for them. I fully expect them to finish on 97 points, which we can't finish on, if my maths is correct. Therefore, GD will not be an issue.

GD will only be an issue if City lose one and Liverpool draw one, which is unlikely the ways things are going. If it did happen though, City would likely come out on top on GD, plus more goals scored too for an extra slight insurance.

5starpool wrote: »
    GD will only be an issue if City lose one and Liverpool draw one, which is unlikely the ways things are going. If it did happen though, City would likely come out on top on GD, plus more goals scored too for an extra slight insurance.

The way the season going it could end up lilke this.
    I ll think we will edge it but damn its tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The way the season going it could end up lilke this.
    I ll think we will edge it but damn its tight.

At least we're both keeping each other honest :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

City are more than likely to win, but whatever team wins it will have deserved it, with very unlucky runners up (unlucky to have come up against a slightly better team) behind them.

You got in with your reply while I was editing my post, dammit! As I tried to clarify though I don't think it will be an issue as I see you beating Newcastle and Wolves.

Though I won't complain if you do drop points somewhere!
    :)

Serve returned .

Just saw this post and posted something similar in the general thread haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

City are more than likely to win, but whatever team wins it will have deserved it, with very unlucky runners up (unlucky to have come up against a slightly better team) behind them.

Absolutely, I'm very proud to look at the table as a Liverpool fan (and a bit frustrated!) But city deserve great credit.

They did it at a canter last season and this year they are coming up with all the answers when being pushed within an inch of their lives.

Certainly looks like City have a handle on those small margins.

1 cm here, 3 cm there ... :D

Another nervy win. Don't like seeing Guardiola saying they defo gonna beat Leicester. Complacency and City go hand in hand.

Another nervy win. Don't like seeing Guardiola saying they defo gonna beat Leicester. Complacency and City go hand in hand.
    Don't think he said that;

http://www.uptheclarets.com/i-want-the-integrity-of-my-players-playing-hard-all-the-time

“We controlled the long ball and we had chances to score the second goal. In the last minutes anything can happen, always it is difficult if you cannot close the game. In the first half we didn’t create too much but of course it is what it is, we knew in these kind of games you play with intention and 92 points is incredible – it is in our hands, we must win our next two games and our next one against Leicester.”

Saying we must win and saying that we will "defo" beat Leicester are nowhere near the same. Unless he's come out somewhere else and said what you claimed. And if that's the case, I apologise.

I didn't see his interview only an article on the sky sports app. Hopefully they took it out of context.

I didn't see his interview only an article on the sky sports app. Hopefully they took it out of context.

I think it was more a case of his English being a little bit clumsy. He knows better than to say that we will get three points against Leicester.

I think it was more a case of his English being a little bit clumsy. He knows better than to say that we will get three points against Leicester.
    Spot on. Guardioa is very cute when it comes to dealing with the media. No way would he intentionally say something like we'll definitely win our next game. I don't think any manager would, to be honest. They'd only be setting themselves up for a major fall.

https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1122515300191277056

For a supposedly creaky defence that can apparently be got at, 9 clean sheets in the last 12 PL games (and only 3 goals conceded) is none too shabby. 2nd best defence in the league (2 goals more conceded than Liverpool).

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Tonights game could seal the title, little nervous given that its Leicester and looks like we may be without Fernandinho. Hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders given the break. C'mon City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Tonights game could seal the title, little nervous given that its Leicester and looks like we may be without Fernandinho. Hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders given the break. C'mon City.

Appointing a referee (Mike Dean) who is originally from Merseyside and who I have read, has two sons that are season ticket holders at Anfield is just asking for controversy!

Please win tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Appointing a referee (Mike Dean) who is originally from Merseyside and who I have read, has two sons that are season ticket holders at Anfield is just asking for controversy!

Don’t think that’s correct. There’s a video on twitter circulating of him close to actual tears celebrating Tranmere's promotion lately.

He’s an avid Tranmere Rovers fan as far as I’m aware which of true would be a benefit more than a hindrance to City tonight.

H

Don’t think that’s correct. There’s a video on twitter circulating of him close to actual tears celebrating Tranmere's promotion lately.

He’s an avid Tranmere Rovers fan as far as I’m aware which of true would be a benefit more than a hindrance to City tonight.

Nothing I said is incorrect. I was fully aware he is a Tranmere supporter. Although I believe they generally hate Everton much more than they hate Liverpool

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Nothing I said is incorrect.

If the sons have season tickets for Tranmere I doubt they have them for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Don't think there's any doubt, but that we WILL be without Fernandinho. Which is a blow (as is Kev's absence). However, Ilkay has been an able stand-in for Dinho in the last few months. As for you being a "little" nervous; Christ. I envy you. I'm sh1tting bricks here today!

Please win tonight lads.

I know. I have a bad feeling about this ... (which, admittedly, has been wrong plenty of times this season already)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Vardys pace thru the centre of Kompany and Stores is our weakest point.... this is where we will get caught!! You heard it here first...

Masala wrote: »
    Vardys pace thru the centre of Kompany and Stores is our weakest point.... this is where we will get caught!! You heard it here first...
    I was over at the same game last season. And seeing Vardy "in the flesh", you get a better idea of his pace. He's bloody rapid over that first 10-20 yards.

A similar score to last season would be nice. 5-1 (Serg with 4).

If the sons have season tickets for Tranmere I doubt they have them for Liverpool.

Who says his sons have Season Tickets for Tranmere?

The funniest Mike Dean moment....

https://twitter.com/footbalIfights/status/816372717553328128

• Advertisement
Advertisement