Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

They changed the line from Ramos to Kompany so it was not picking up on what the fans sing, bit crazy for City players signing about fans being battered when one of there own was battered in Germany but hey as you say footballers are dumb

And blaming the bus incident for it is reaching for straws now as players even said it did not effect them

They changed one word? Not sure what the relevance of that is, its still a song that has been sung at all their games this season.

I didn't mention the bus, I agree that's not the excuse for the singing. Although I recall Liverpool did not come out and condemn that behavior either with an official statement. Quite shameful in itself. But again, that's the modern world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They changed one word? Not sure what the relevance of that is, its still a song that has been sung at all their games this season.

I didn't mention the bus, I agree that's not the excuse for the singing. Although I recall Liverpool did not come out and condemn that behavior either with an official statement. Quite shameful in itself. But again, that's the modern world.

Someone above you did mention the bus.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/296502-liverpool-fc-statement

Statement from Liverpool on the bus incident, also Man City refused Liverpools offer to pay for the damage to the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

What's with the faux outrage from all the disappointed Liverpool fans, footballers are stupid, footballers are ignorant. This particular group of footballers were most likely drunk, in great spirits and sang a song they had heard at nearly all of their matches this season. It doesn't directly name check Sean Cox or Hillsbourgh, and if it did I find it very hard to believe they would sing it.

Its just a case of them getting carried away, they don't wish harm on any liverpool fan, they don't think Hillsbourgh was great. It was a stupid moment by them, that is all.

I am a City fan and I actually think its more shameful the City fans sing it. The players were just singing a song, as it celebrates one of their current players within it, of which they didn't think too much into the meaning behind the rest.

One thing I will say is the club should have apologized a bit more sincerely, but this the modern world and every football club has defended their players when they do something stupid. Liverpool/Suarez. Chelsea/Terry. United/Cantona.

If they heard it at matches all season then it makes it worse that they still sang it. I had no idea it was being sung at all city matches. Fairly awful stuff. But football fans are a spiteful bunch. All football fans at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lads we might lift our third cup this season tomorrow evening

Take a fcuking step back and think about that for a minute after everything we went through over the years

Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever thought that possible

Great days lads enjoy every minute of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Take a fcuking step back and think about that for a minute after everything we went through over the years

Yes absolutely.

Potential more history in the making.

This is peak city and peak football i just dont see how it gets better so lap it up and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1129326374311878656?s=19

You have to laugh at the media's desperation for Liverpool to be top of the table. Any table. Fortunately, the people who have replied are ripping ESPN to shreds.

Safely ensconced here in my hotel room on Wembley High Road. Can't wait for tomorrow to come around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Pep shouldn't have bothered mentioning it. Any one that thinks it's about Sean Cox or Hillsborough is an absolute tool. The chant is in response to The red scouse bricking and bottling the team bus whilst Mersey sides finest had a collective spell of blindness (not to mention their disgraceful treatment of Sterling). Mattered little that they had advertised all week they were going to do it and the police even let them launch from the bonnets of their 4 x 4s. A classic example of pool turning something into something it was not.

blueser wrote: »
    Safely ensconced here in my hotel room on Wembley High Road. Can't wait for tomorrow to come around.

Lucky man enjoy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Pep shouldn't have bothered mentioning it. Any one that thinks it's about Sean Cox or Hillsborough is an absolute tool. The chant is in response to The red scouse bricking and bottling the team bus whilst Mersey sides finest had a collective spell of blindness (not to mention their disgraceful treatment of Sterling). Mattered little that they had advertised all week they were going to do it and the police even let them launch from the bonnets of their 4 x 4s. A classic example of pool turning something into something it was not.

Nobody threw a brick at the bus

Five nil in a fa cup final

Did you ever think you would see the day

Dreamland

Words can't do this justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Congrats on the treble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Five nil in a fa cup final

Did you ever think you would see the day

Dreamland

Yea i did but 6-0 haha ,some performance . Pep and this team is unreal.

• Advertisement

what a season! I need a rest so I can't imagine how the players feel:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

as they say in the GAH ..."shewer lookit, dere's plenty a room for improvement" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I would think it is still very much on the players' mind that they were in the bus that was attacked and badly damaged by Liverpool supporters on their way to a CL match, so they are bound to be gleeful about them subsequently losing the CL final in Kiev.

Yea because city fans would never attack a bus

The greatest

Fantastic achievement by the lads. I'm blessed to have been there today, and seen a historic achievement, er, achieved.

And with that, I'll say farewell to you guys. I won't be posting on here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

It must have been about 1997, I was on a London bus and saw some other team's fans celebrating in Trafalgar Square and I said to my missus "One day I'll be standing there, celebrating City winning in Wembley", which she basically dismissed as the ramblings of a deluded idiot.

That actually came to pass much sooner than I expected after the Gillingham playoff final, but that's beside the point.

I've suffered through some truly awful seasons with City over the years.

Guys, this is truly special. Appreciate it! And never take success for granted!

blueser wrote: »
    Fantastic achievement by the lads. I'm blessed to have been there today, and seen a historic achievement, er, achieved.

You will be missed mate but I know where you are coming from

This is starting to annoy me now

Best poster on the thread has left because of the bullsh1t we have to put up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Best poster on the thread has left because of the bullsh1t we have to put up with

What bullshyt?

This thread is graveyard for trolling compared to the United thread recently or the LFC thread in times past.

People are questioning the source of Citys infinite funds and how a club that only started achieving anything (in this generation) onfield in the last decade are supposed to be reaching turnovers on a par with money making juggernauts like United or Barca.

As a fan you have to know that there are question marks over the accounting practices at the club otherwise you are in complete denial.

But who cares, you are lucky enough to see you team hit unprecedented heights, same as I was during the 90s and 00s as a United fan, same as older generations of LFC fans did in the 80s.

Enjoy it and thumb your nose at the begrudgers, most of em are most likely just jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

https://twitter.com/jamespiotr/status/1129709364409970688?s=21

Good thread on Twitter here that details the ethical and moral bankruptcy of City’s owner. Ye can choose to ignore this stuff, but you should be aware of it nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I think it's extremely important to acknowledge that Pep and the players are busting their hoops to win what they have done, folk at the absolute pinnacle of their game. Genuinely what they've achieved is special and they deserve acclaim.

What can't be ignored is how they all came to be assembled at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

oh, the pungent smell of sour grapes assails my nostrils :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Hitchens wrote:
    oh, the pungent smell of sour grapes assails my nostrils

No that would be the smell of dead women and children that your owner is responsible for. Bury that head though or your owner might cut it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Complete Bull****

This site is pro Liverpool ridic and modded n a pro Liverpool way.

Liverpool fans are given free reign to be complete tossers whereas Utd fans and other's aren't.

I am a City fan - celebrating THE treble - but boards needs to cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

City proved today that they are the best English team ever.

If put up against Utd's treble team I think they would score double figures against them - I do mean 10+ -0.

Pep is the greatest ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

rwbug wrote: »
    City proved today that they are the best English team ever.

If put up against Utd's treble team I think they would score double figures against them - I do mean 10+ -0.

Pep is the greatest ever.

Pep is a great coach but he's never managed at an unfancied club doing what Fergie did at Aberdeen or what Mourinho did at Porto.

Scoring double figures against Fergie's Utd, yeah I'm sure you probably think the current Liverpool side would do the same as well. Nostalgia sometimes blinds judgement of past era's but boy so to does recency bias.

I actually think as well as City played, Watford were absolutely shocking, even by there standards.

In City's title run in there were far closer games than today by many PL sides in Burnley, Leicester etc. Even Brighton gave them a better game in the semi's.

Watford contributed to their own demise today, pub stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pep is a great coach but he's never managed at an unfancied club doing what Fergie did at Aberdeen or what Mourinho did at Porto.

Scoring double figures against Fergie's Utd, yeah I'm sure you probably think the current Liverpool side would do the same as well. Nostalgia sometimes blinds judgement of past era's but boy so to does recency bias.

He's the best coach out there right now, but for any sort of Best Ever title, he definitely needs more in Europe... not making a final for 8 straight years, given the teams he's been at, shows his one weakness.

But he is genuinely incredible all round, objectively the best manager in the game currently. The drive he instills in his teams to keep going year after year is relentless.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's the best coach out there right now, but for any sort of Best Ever title, he definitely needs more in Europe... not making a final for 8 straight years, given the teams he's been at, shows his one weakness.

But he is genuinely incredible all round, objectively the best manager in the game currently. The drive he instills in his teams to keep going year after year is relentless.

I agree with that, Mourinho in 2004-2010 would have matched him (infact dethroned him in Spain) but he's declined a lot now and doesn't have the same effect on players he once had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I actually think as well as City played, Watford were absolutely shocking, even by there standards.

In City's title run in there were far closer games than today by many PL sides in Burnley, Leicester etc. Even Brighton gave them a better game in the semi's.

Watford contributed to their own demise today, pub stuff.

Their heads dropped after the third goal and after that it was almost an embarrassment, that is true.

But until then they held their own, and if they had taken their early chance we might actually have had a game.

Vinny gone 😢 gutted

What a way to do it though! Abs hero....hopefully kept on in non football capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

blueser wrote:

Best of luck Blueser. Thanks for all the super posts over the years. Hopefully you'll be back in another capacity. From the dismal 80 's and 90's it's amazing how far we've come. Feck the begrudgers. Any of them would give their right leg for what City have achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Kompany personified the character that was needed to drag city out of the old haphazard ways and into the new era of Mancini and beyond. At least he has gone out on a high and with no career ending injury. With him gone it really seems as if a really exciting era of development has passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Where will Vinny end up next? It was clear in an interview a few weeks back that he was leaving the club.

This time next year Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho will most likely exit the club too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What bullshyt?

This thread is graveyard for trolling compared to the United thread recently or the LFC thread in times past.

People are questioning the source of Citys infinite funds and how a club that only started achieving anything (in this generation) onfield in the last decade are supposed to be reaching turnovers on a par with money making juggernauts like United or Barca.

As a fan you have to know that there are question marks over the accounting practices at the club otherwise you are in complete denial.

But who cares, you are lucky enough to see you team hit unprecedented heights, same as I was during the 90s and 00s as a United fan, same as older generations of LFC fans did in the 80s.

Enjoy it and thumb your nose at the begrudgers, most of em are most likely just jealous.

Im sure they are enjoying it but all you have to do is skim over boards and see what's happening.

On the day that city win a domestic trebel you have pool fans coming in linking here what the owners have done could you imagine the uproar of someone went into pool thread and linked stories to there past.

You have pool fans constantly brining up whats happening in the oficial city fans forums and discussing it on boards again that's aloud.

As per usual city fans complaints will be brushed aside because seemingly fans only complain about things when they are loosing... Oh wait!!!!

To all man city fans on boards congratulations on what has been a super season for your club domestically would only love for the club I support to get their act together similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Firstly congrats on what you done this year - I wanted liverpool to win league , but got to say how annoying it is for fans from other clubs coming on your thread giving you **** - we (Everton) had it last year and made our thread muck to the point many of us just gave up until it cleaned up. Persevere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Esse85 wrote: »
    Where will Vinny end up next? It was clear in an interview a few weeks back that he was leaving the club.

This time next year Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho will most likely exit the club too.

Player/manager at Anderlecht.
    Done deal

jayo26 wrote: »
    Im sure they are enjoying it but all you have to do is skim over boards and see what's happening.

On the day that city win a domestic trebel you have pool fans coming in linking here what the owners have done could you imagine the uproar of someone went into pool thread and linked stories to there past.

You have pool fans constantly brining up whats happening in the oficial city fans forums and discussing it on boards again that's aloud.

As per usual city fans complaints will be brushed aside because seemingly fans only complain about things when they are loosing... Oh wait!!!!

To all man city fans on boards congratulations on what has been a super season for your club domestically would only love for the club I support to get their act together similar.

Bloody hell jayo this is some effusive love you are expressing for City here. Does this mean no segregation at the derbies in the Etihad and OT next season if it turns into a wider phenomenon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Linking to genuine developments about an official investigation?

Linking to the press conference that has occurred that day?

This stuff is hardly been plucked from thin air.

I'm fairly surprised some posters want such links censored.

Asking the mods to wipe fairly benign posts on such subjects is bizarre

• Advertisement

POKERKING wrote: »
    Vinny gone 😢 gutted

Very sad but what a way to end his career with us over these last couple of months! Hope everything goes well for him.

Dreaded these days coming, Silva next season and then Aguero maybe the season after that. The club owe them so so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

noodler wrote: »
    Linking to genuine developments about an official investigation?

Linking to the press conference that has occurred that day?

This stuff is hardly been plucked from thin air.

I'm fairly surprised some posters want such links censored.

Asking the mods to wipe fairly benign posts on such subjects is bizarre

Its where it's been posted is the issue I believe. There is an ongoing thread about citys financial dealings yet lloyd felt the need to drop the link in here thus ensuring that the maximum number of city fans see it. And lets call a spade a spade, the same poster has been thread banned from the United thread for his contributions there so to imply its innocent is fairly silly, no? The reality is that there are certain threads in this forum that are heavily protected by certain mods yet every other thread is pretty much carte blanche for a certain set of fans to act how they see fit. It's not hard to see why city fans may feel a bit aggrieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jayo26 wrote: »

It really is a shame when you think about all the regular posters who have left over the past two seasons alone having been here forever.

All because the moment something they don’t like happens, a single group of posters decide to attempt to deflect from it and devalue it by spreading the same nonsense in Every. Single. Thread. It’s monotonous. Sometimes it’s not even relevant to whatever has just occurred. They’re doubly emboldened if there’s some sort of pseudo moral high ground for them to run to at the same time too. But nothing ever changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It really is a shame when you think about all the regular posters who have left over the past two seasons alone having been here forever.

All because the moment something they don’t like happens, a single group of posters decide to attempt to deflect from it and devalue it by spreading the same nonsense in Every. Single. Thread. It’s monotonous. Sometimes it’s not even relevant to whatever has just occurred. They’re doubly emboldened if there’s some sort of pseudo moral high ground for them to run to at the same time too. But nothing ever changes.

Ah yea. Sure why not. Let's just make a generalised statement about one complete set of supporters being solely responsible for the demise of the soccer forum. No other set of fans are guilty or culpable. No sirree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ah yea. Sure why not. Let's just make a generalised statement about one complete set of supporters being solely responsible for the demise of the soccer forum. No other set of fans are guilty or culpable. No sirree.

Ironic that those thanking the posts have a lot to do with the demise of the forum but it’s only one set of fans

• Advertisement
Advertisement