Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

POKERKING wrote: »
    Vinny gone 😢 gutted

Massive respect for that man. As a Liverpool fan I'm relieved he's gone because you just can't replace the type of person Kompany is easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Massive respect for that man. As a Liverpool fan I'm relieved he's gone because you just can't replace the type of person Kompany is easily.

Agreed. One of the best cbs in the premier league of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very successful career. Wish him all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Its where it's been posted is the issue I believe. There is an ongoing thread about citys financial dealings yet lloyd felt the need to drop the link in here thus ensuring that the maximum number of city fans see it. And lets call a spade a spade, the same poster has been thread banned from the United thread for his contributions there so to imply its innocent is fairly silly, no? The reality is that there are certain threads in this forum that are heavily protected by certain mods yet every other thread is pretty much carte blanche for a certain set of fans to act how they see fit. It's not hard to see why city fans may feel a bit aggrieved.

I’m sorry, but the link is directly relevant to City as it’s about their owners. Any such links about FSG would be on topic in the Liverpool thread.

And yes, the maximum amount of City fans *should* see it. They can choose to say ‘I don’t care’, but knowledge is power as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It really is a shame when you think about all the regular posters who have left over the past two seasons alone having been here forever.

All because the moment something they don’t like happens, a single group of posters decide to attempt to deflect from it and devalue it by spreading the same nonsense in Every. Single. Thread. It’s monotonous. Sometimes it’s not even relevant to whatever has just occurred. They’re doubly emboldened if there’s some sort of pseudo moral high ground for them to run to at the same time too. But nothing ever changes.

In fairness, not all the city fans are deflecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ah yea. Sure why not. Let's just make a generalised statement about one complete set of supporters being solely responsible for the demise of the soccer forum. No other set of fans are guilty or culpable. No sirree.

You’ll note I said group of “posters”, not “supporters” there, Billy. No need to put words in my mouth.

You’ll note I said group of “posters”, not “supporters” there, Billy. No need to put words in my mouth.

I mean posters. Not the thread for it anyway I'll post my thoughts on the feedback thread when it comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’m sorry, but the link is directly relevant to City as it’s about their owners. Any such links about FSG would be on topic in the Liverpool thread.

And yes, the maximum amount of City fans *should* see it. They can choose to say ‘I don’t care’, but knowledge is power as they say.

Give it a rest will you.

We have just completed a domestic treble thats never being done before and one of our greatest ever players has just announced unexpectedly his retirement. Let us enjoy what we have achieved and the loss of a great player in peace please. We all get that you are still bitter Liverpool didnt win the league but please dont try ruin another clubs thread on this great forum.

I mean posters. Not the thread for it anyway I'll post my thoughts on the feedback thread when it comes around.

If you meant to say posters then you didn't read my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

In fairness to Kompany, was some belter he scored for his last goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

AidoEirE wrote: »
    In fairness to Kompany, was some belter he scored for his last goal.

A league winning goal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I bet you won't be linking to Stuart Campbell though!

If you meant to say posters then you didn't read my post.

Oh I read it alright. You posted it's a shame about regular posters who have left. You then said "all because the moment something they don't like happens, a single group of posters etc". Your use of the word single before group of posters is the key here. In the context of this forum, single groups of posters are only ever identified differently to each other by the team they support.

Not sure what you are arguing here...

Give it a rest will you.

We have just completed a domestic treble thats never being done before and one of our greatest ever players has just announced unexpectedly his retirement. Let us enjoy what we have achieved and the loss of a great player in peace please. We all get that you are still bitter Liverpool didnt win the league but please dont try ruin another clubs thread on this great forum.

It’s not just “bitter” Liverpool fans who are picking up on the ownership of your club this week. UEFA moving for further sanction last week reignited the story, and journalists are starting to seriously ask questions. Questions that should have been asked a long time ago of course - City’s on pitch success shouldn’t have prompted this type of coverage but that is often the case in sport.

Hitchens wrote: »
    I bet you won't be linking to Stuart Campbell though!

Not familiar with him, if you have a relevant link though I’d read it!

And most certainly Vincent Kompany deserves serious plaudits. Magic way to finish his career with a league winning strike of that nature as part of a treble campaign. He has been synonymous with this period of success for City, and I’m sure his influence in the dressing room will be difficult to replace or replicate.

Oh I read it alright. You posted it's a shame about regular posters who have left. You then said "all because the moment something they don't like happens, a single group of posters etc". Your use of the word single before group of posters is the key here. In the context of this forum, single groups of posters are only ever identified differently to each other by the team they support.

Not sure what you are arguing here...

Then you just haven't grasped the meaning of it at all and have decided to take from it things that just patently haven't been said.

If I had meant to say supporters I would have. The two words aren't synonymous.

It’s not just “bitter” Liverpool fans who are picking up on the ownership of your club this week. UEFA moving for further sanction last week reignited the story, and journalists are starting to seriously ask questions. Questions that should have been asked a long time ago of course - City’s on pitch success shouldn’t have prompted this type of coverage but that is often the case in sport.

Not all liverpool fans are bitter, mainly just you. Pity you used to be a decent poster, certainly one of the better Liverpool posters/fans i have come across but this season, esp the last few weeks/months has brought out the worse in you.

Not all liverpool fans are bitter, mainly just you. Pity you used to be a decent poster, certainly one of the better Liverpool posters/fans i have come across but this season, esp the last few weeks/months has brought out the worse in you.

It’s a shame that - rather than engaging with the questions of ownership, potential further UEFA sanction and implications for legacy of what this team has achieved - posters are looking to deflect via whataboutery and ad hominems like the above.

There’s a good discussion to he had here, pity.

It’s a shame that - rather than engaging with the questions of ownership, potential further UEFA sanction and implications for legacy of what this team has achieved - posters are looking to deflect via whataboutery and ad hominems like the above.

There’s a good discussion to he had here, pity.

Theres another thread for that.

Im busy enjoying making history and saying goodbye to one of our greatest ever players. You’re busy ruining another thread about stuff thats already got a million posts in a different thread.

I will save you the hassle, there is not a city fan in the world who right now this moment gives a toss about what your stirring here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I see the lads who trolled the **** out of the Utd thread have moved to the City thread

Embarrassing

The forum is wrecked and pretty much mods have let this happen since the CL final last year

Watch what happens if spurs beat Liverpool in the CL final

State of it

If only the last few soccer mods and forum regulars tried to warn the higher ups of the blatant bias that exists........ oh wait they did and were branded trouble makers! Ah well! Make your bed you must sleep in it

Theres another thread for that.

Im busy enjoying making history and saying goodbye to one of our greatest ever players. You’re busy ruining another thread about stuff thats already got a million posts in a different thread.

I will save you the hassle, there is not a city fan in the world who right now this moment gives a toss about what your stirring here.

Fair enough, we’ll see how the summer plays out. As UEFA progress their investigations there may be excellent cause for City fans to become interested, if they aren’t already.

On a more general level, it would seem to me that City fans *should* care about the nature of their ownership. The questions involved are bigger than petty fan rivalries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There is a dedicated thread for the City financial cheating so tbh all this stuff should be in there. I also have no doubt Liverpool fans, us or most PL fans wouldn't care if they did PL titles back to back.

I won't post it again here because, in fairness, I'd didn't realise some posts and links were being put as verbatim in this thread and the FFP one.

However it's pathetic the usual suspects will turn a blind eye to, and even stifle debate on, the financial misconduct changes of their city rivals just to keep their teenage hatred of Liverpool alive.

In fairness this subject matter should be kept to the thread specifically named to discuss it. No need to repeat it in this thread. There are enough contributions in that thread to keep a discussion going.

noodler wrote: »
    I won't post it again here because, in fairness, I'd didn't realise some posts and links were being put as verbatim in this thread and the FFP one.

However it's pathetic the usual suspects will turn a blind eye to, and even stifle debate on, the financial misconduct changes of their city rivals just to keep their teenage hatred of Liverpool alive.

You literally just recognised that a specific debate has its own dedicated thread while also saying that same debate is being stifled.

Seriously.

• Advertisement

You literally just recognised that a specific debate has its own dedicated thread while also saying that same debate is being stifled.

Seriously.

Yeah. There is a dedicated thread.

Some fans of city's local rivals are falling over themsellves to stifle any talk about it in this thread under the guise of fairness.

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah. There is a dedicated thread.

Some fans of city's local rivals are falling over themsellves to stifle any talk about it in this thread under the guise of fairness.

I thought you weren’t going to post here again........again? ;)

Does that tin foil hat of yours pick up BBC Radio Merseyside? The thread is there literally for this reason. Same as they always have been created for major issues so that all fans have a place to talk about the issue without it turning into daft “combative” posts from the likely lads.

City’s owners didn’t just arrive last night, they’ve been hanging around for a while in case you haven’t noticed. As has their FFP investigation.

But of course it’s only a coincidence that the moment they complete a treble that it gets brought up by some. Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Great win yesterday. Onwards Blues, hopefully more of the same next year

I thought you weren’t going to post here again........again? ;)

Does that tin foil hat of yours pick up BBC Radio Merseyside? The thread is there literally for this reason. Same as they always have been created for major issues so that all fans have a place to talk about the issue without it turning into daft “combative” posts from the likely lads.

City’s owners didn’t just arrive last night, they’ve been hanging around for a while in case you haven’t noticed. As has their FFP investigation.

But of course it’s only a coincidence that the moment they complete a treble that it gets brought up by some. Of course.

I said I'd leave the FFP to the other thread.

Yeah ..it's the FA Cup that really got Liverpool fans' goat.

Ignore the fact plenty of posters, including myself, congratulated city on the league win last week in this very thread.

Your point about timing doesn't make much sense. You know well events during the week are what increased the spotlight on the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Was it expected that Aguero wouldn’t play any part yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

eigrod wrote: »
    Was it expected that Aguero wouldn’t play any part yesterday?

Just tactics I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I was talking to friend of mine (City fan since early 90s) and he mentioned that he does have a feeling on emptiness with all this winning....he doesn't want City to turn into PSG but it feels like it ATM.

On the one hand if you have a manager who is generally regarded as the best in the business, unlimited resources to buy who you want at any price...it should not be all that surprising to win the treble- you should be winning everything!

Technically Liverpool took it to the last day of the season but really there was never going to be anything but a City win so that was an anticlimax:

Which makes this article all the more relevant:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-city-s-domination-has-been-bought-and-they-re-paying-the-price-1.3897613

Chelsea started it (you could mention Blackburn in 1995) but it seems because City are a nicer team and club than Chelsea it does seem that analysis of the overall healthiness of this is somewhat muted or is there just an acceptance that is just the way things are now.

How do other City fans feel?

I was talking to friend of mine (City fan since early 90s) and he mentioned that he does have a feeling on emptiness with all this winning....he doesn't want City to turn into PSG but it feels like it ATM.

On the one hand if you have a manager who is generally regarded as the best in the business, unlimited resources to buy who you want at any price...it should not be all that surprising to win the treble- you should be winning everything!

Technically Liverpool took it to the last day of the season but really there was never going to be anything but a City win so that was an anticlimax:

Which makes this article all the more relevant:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-city-s-domination-has-been-bought-and-they-re-paying-the-price-1.3897613

Chelsea started it (you could mention Blackburn in 1995) but it seems because City are a nicer team and club than Chelsea it does seem that analysis of the overall healthiness of this is somewhat muted or is there just an acceptance that is just the way things are now.

How do other City fans feel?

How can he call himself a fan if he is getting upset now for winning , we went through the tough periods we deserve the trophies. Every single one was hard got .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

How can he call himself a fan if he is getting upset now for winning , we went through the tough periods we deserve the trophies. Every single one was hard got .

I don't think he is upset but I think he has a little nagging feeling that it is funded by Middle Eastern money- 10 years ago City were nowhere and now they are winning trebles with relative ease. There is no romance with it.

Some people are never happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I don't think he is upset but I think he has a little nagging feeling that it is funded by Middle Eastern money- 10 years ago City were nowhere and now they are winning trebles with relative ease. There is no romance with it.

Some people are never happy.

Each to their own.

I much prefer an expensively assembled team win trophies to the utterly inept clowns I used to watch 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I much prefer an expensively assembled team win trophies to the utterly inept clowns I used to watch 20 years ago.

And just like blackburn and chelsea, your success will be remembered as undeserved. You where a random decision away from fulham being bought instead of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Enjoyed the parade

A bus for every trophy

Yeah of course the 3rd division was better

You bitter bitter b@stards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

He never said his friend was upset, but it's clear that he understands that City's success has been bought and not earned. No one is overly impressed by City's treble because the owners of the club have spent have spent a ton of cash to get those trophies. And the trophies weren't hard got - if you have unlimited cash, the money to buy the best players in the world, the best substitutes in the world and the best manager in the world then you should be winning them with relative ease, which City did. Leicester's Premier League winning season was much more impressive and memorable in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    He never said his friend was upset, but it's clear that he understands that City's success has been bought and not earned. No one is overly impressed by City's treble because the owners of the club have spent have spent a ton of cash to get those trophies. And the trophies weren't hard got - if you have unlimited cash, the money to buy the best players in the world, the best substitutes in the world and the best manager in the world then you should be winning them with relative ease, which City did. Leicester's Premier League winning season was much more impressive and memorable in comparison.

Did Leicester not fail FFP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

They most certainly did but don’t mention it, it doesn’t suit the narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

They did, but the sheer scale of City's spending essentially makes their situation incomparable. The point is, after €2 Billion has been poured into the club no one is surprised or overly impressed that they are now dominating domestic competitions. To be fair, winning the Champions League should be a prerequisite after that kind of investment, but let's not get into that. If Mansour decided to buy Coventry in 2008 and sink €2 Billion into there then they would be racking up 100 points a season instead of City. I was just using Leicester as a recent example - Arsenal's invincible season in 2004 was also far more impressive and memorable achievement, as was United in 1999, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Thought the Utd thread was the only **** show in town. Congrats on the win lads, don't let the usual suspects come in here and spoil it for yee

Thought the Utd thread was the only **** show in town. Congrats on the win lads, don't let the usual suspects come in here and spoil it for yee

The toys are out of the pram thats for sure . When people say the domestic treble is not impressive, how can you take them serious. Im not biting to it and enjoying the success City have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

This surely isn't true?

Guardiola to Juventus? Be a shame to see him leave given the quality of football they play (as a neutral)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1130337/Pep-Guardiola-Man-City-exit-Juventus-announcement-date-Premier-League

lassykk wrote: »
    This surely isn't true?

Guardiola to Juventus? Be a shame to see him leave given the quality of football they play (as a neutral)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1130337/Pep-Guardiola-Man-City-exit-Juventus-announcement-date-Premier-League

Calling bs to that, They literally quote him saying that he is not going .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

They did, but the sheer scale of City's spending essentially makes their situation incomparable. The point is, after €2 Billion has been poured into the club no one is surprised or overly impressed that they are now dominating domestic competitions. To be fair, winning the Champions League should be a prerequisite after that kind of investment, but let's not get into that. If Mansour decided to buy Coventry in 2008 and sink €2 Billion into there then they would be racking up 100 points a season instead of City. I was just using Leicester as a recent example - Arsenal's invincible season in 2004 was also far more impressive and memorable achievement, as was United in 1999, etc.

The Champions League format is kinda crazy though. The two finalists this year finished 23 and 25 points behind us to qualify!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Hitchens wrote:
    The Champions League format is kinda crazy though. The two finalists this year finished 23 and 25 points behind us to qualify!

Yea and one of them beat ye along the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mr.H wrote: »
    And just like blackburn and chelsea, your success will be remembered as undeserved. You where a random decision away from fulham being bought instead of ye.

Absolute nonsense and very bitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hows them lemons

• Advertisement

lassykk wrote: »
    This surely isn't true?

fake news

Advertisement