Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Absolute nonsense and very bitter

Bitter? Debatable but yea sure its an lazy label to throw out.

But nonsense? You dont think people will remember city for the money? Really? Because i assure you people remember chelsea bought their success. What makes city different? Hell people remember blackburn buying success even though they didnt. But people still remember it that way. Anzi monaco psg all remembered for the money. Madrid...... we dont think of the galacticos? Make no mistake, man city will always be remembered for taking the shortcut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mr.H wrote: »
    Bitter? Debatable but yea sure its an lazy label to throw out.

But nonsense? You dont think people will remember city for the money? Really? Because i assure you people remember chelsea bought their success. What makes city different? Hell people remember blackburn buying success even though they didnt. But people still remember it that way. Anzi monaco psg all remembered for the money. Madrid...... we dont think of the galacticos? Make no mistake, man city will always be remembered for taking the shortcut.

Money dont buy success , plently of teams prove that. The records City have broken will be remembered .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mr.H wrote:

That's bollox, maybe the runner-up supporters might throw it out but most fans will remember them as a class team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

fake news

While it probably is fake news, there seems to be a hell of a lot of reports coming from Italy and Spain saying that he is going to Juve.. I wouldnt believe them myself but this is just one of them.

This fella is from Mundodeportivo and he was one of the first to report Pep to City

https://twitter.com/FApor_elmundo/status/1131194969513963520?s=09
    The same person who told me in his day that Pep Guardiola had reached an agreement with Manchester City (months before it was public) tells me now that he is on his way to Juventus. Then I believed him, now it costs me more, although in Turin there is no talk of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I don't understand why supporters of other super-rich clubs come on here attacking Manchester City.

(Oh wait a minute, could it be jealousy, by any chance?)

The top half dozen English teams are all wealthy beyond belief, but City have used their money wisely, made great signings, play fantastic football and have actually brought some entertainment and fun back into the Premier League.

As a Celtic and Cork City fan, I had very little interest in English top level football until the last few years, when it has become a joy to watch Man City.

Long may it continue.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. And most noise comes from the fans that had most success in last 30 years while boasting to be richest club also. And they don't see the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If this forum is any barometer of the real world then most the noise is most certainly not coming from united fans.

To be honest it’s perfectly easy to see it from both points of view.

Don’t get people giving out about city fans. Why would they really be anything but delighted with success. But the moral and sporting frustration of those in competition with them and beyond is also fair. It’s not black and white.

But some of the bitter ‘they don’t deserve it’ comments are embarrassing. As if there’s an entitlement to a title for a select group of super clubs. No one deserves anything. Regardless of how assembled the players train as hard as anyone else. The fans are like no other set in England

astradave wrote: »
    While it probably is fake news, there seems to be a hell of a lot of reports coming from Italy and Spain saying that he is going to Juve.. I wouldnt believe them myself but this is just one of them.

This fella is from Mundodeportivo and he was one of the first to report Pep to City

https://twitter.com/FApor_elmundo/status/1131194969513963520?s=09

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48387820

Good enough for me .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As a Celtic and Cork City fan, I had very little interest in English top level football until the last few years, when it has become a joy to watch Man City.

Some might say bandwagon lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pep odds on in some bookies to be the next Juve manager, either this has some substance or a lot of people will be out of pocket. Can't see it myself, it makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

The Pep thing is all a bit odd. All the evidence suggests there is no chance...but givin the noise lately it cant be coming from nowhere. Its so unbelievable that i am starting to come round to the idea that there might be a grain of truth in it.

Maybe he has a pain in his balls with the media and the bitterness? Tbh i dont blame him, i do myself.

Good to see a few neutrals in this thread in the last few days with a bit of rationality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

As I said, I personally wouldnt believe it myself, there is just a lot of noise in Spain and Italy. Personally think he will see out his contract and then take another sabbatical, didnt he recently sign a new contract anyways? He doesnt seem the type to break one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Inquitus wrote: »
    Pep odds on in some bookies to be the next Juve manager, either this has some substance or a lot of people will be out of pocket. Can't see it myself, it makes no sense at all.

It makes sense if he knows the renewed UEFA investigations are going to find a lot of negative things and / or he believes answering questions on same over the next year will affect his legacy.

He may also ethically / morally male a decision that he no longer wishes to be professionally associated with the ownership of the club, as revelations of their involvement with atrocities continue to be examined.

From a pure footballing perspective it may not make sense, but that’s a limited perspective.

It would be a shocking turn of events and be the major footballing story of the summer with huge competitive ramifications. I’m massively skeptical for those reasons alone: it’s too earth shattering to happen in many ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I love the smell of sour grapes in the morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Dcully wrote: »
    Some might say bandwagon lol

I spent 10 years following Mansfield Town home and away when I was a youth :o and the last 12 years as a Cork City season ticket holder including the two awful seasons in the wilderness of LoI Division One, so I think I'm entitled to a small bit of entertainment from football by now :D

It's my son who is the Man City fan, and I must say that I've gradually been won over by them. But I'm NOT a Man City fan, so can't be accused of jumping on any bandwagon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

From the moment Pep became manager his successor was being lined up

So if that's now or five years time

Makes no difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

From the moment Pep became manager his successor was being lined up

So if that's now or five years time

Makes no difference

Just say for arguments sake pep did go to Juve this summer ,who do you think/would want to take ye over?

Just say for arguments sake pep did go to Juve this summer ,who do you think/would want to take ye over?

The best football I have ever seen played against us in our home ground was against Napoli

Played us off the park at times

Wasted at another club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

POKERKING wrote: »
    The Pep thing is all a bit odd. All the evidence suggests there is no chance...but givin the noise lately it cant be coming from nowhere. Its so unbelievable that i am starting to come round to the idea that there might be a grain of truth in it.

Maybe he has a pain in his balls with the media and the bitterness? Tbh i dont blame him, i do myself.

Good to see a few neutrals in this thread in the last few days with a bit of rationality.

If they are banned from Europe Pep will walk. The champions league is what he and the club owners really want. If they are not even in the comp he'll go somewhere they are. Juve have the same goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

The best football I have ever seen played against us in our home ground was against Napoli

Played us off the park at times

Wasted at another club

Maybe Im picking you up wrong...are you saying Sarri has been lined up as the future successor to Pep?

• Advertisement

Khaldoons interview is up. As always an excellent watch.

Watching this cr@p

Give me that treble any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Watching this cr@p

Give me that treble any day

Safe to say both teams are happy with the season, fair result overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

So apparently we're after Juve's right back, Harry Maguire because he doesn't want to wear red, plus a young French CB.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/48546853

Reckon any of tose are true?

So apparently we're after Juve's right back, Harry Maguire because he doesn't want to wear red, plus a young French CB.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/48546853

Reckon any of tose are true?

Really hope we dont get maguire at those figures.

Not sure we need a 50m right back either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I want De Ligt all day long.. Never mind Maguire.. Overated and rubbish..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Ominous for the rest, I see 5 titles in a row upcoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Lewandowski seems confident that Sane on his way to join him. Can anyone see any sense in letting him go if this is true? Scored a few important goals for us last season.

• Advertisement

Lewandowski seems confident that Sane on his way to join him. Can anyone see any sense in letting him go if this is true? Scored a few important goals for us last season.

Sane is one of the most talented players I have ever seen but I get the impression that Pep is not happy with him. I would not be surprised to see him leave, but to lose a player of his abilities and with years of world class football still in him it would definitely be a big loss from a footballing perspective.

Mood music in the press today is that Sane is staying, great news. I think he has more potential than anyone in the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Islander13 wrote: »
    Mood music in the press today is that Sane is staying, great news. I think he has more potential than anyone in the squad

We really need to keep him, he has loads of potential. If Pep can tutor him as well as he has Sterling he will be world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Rodri signs for City. Seems a great signing going by the stats, exactly what we needed.

sky-sports-fernandinho-rodri_4697384.png?20190618231634

Rodri signs for City. Seems a great signing going by the stats, exactly what we needed.

sky-sports-fernandinho-rodri_4697384.png?20190618231634

Fills a big gap , suppose gives more room for Fern being a center back is all else goes to pot with our defence.

Can't say I have ever seen him play (at least knowingly) so all I can go off is that glowing Sky Sports article from some 'expert' there which seems promising.

Angelino being resigned is interesting. Great use of a buy back option! Dirt cheap and by all accounts was excellent and an ever present for PSV last year so good depth for LB position. And you never know, if Mendy actually manages to stay fit that could free up Zinchenko to play his more natural midfield position if needed.

I just want another CB now (not Maguire for the price they are wanting) as Laporte is really the only one I trust. Stones really needs to up it, Otamendi is backup material. Don't see Adarabioyo, Sandler given a chance and super outside chance of Mangala making a comeback :)

So our defence could be a lot stronger than last year (if we get Cancelo in instead of Danilo too):

LB

Mendy/Zinchenko
    Angelino

LCB
    Laporte
    Otamendi

RCB
    New signing?
    Stones

RB
    Walker/Cancelo

• Advertisement

David Silva named club captain after Kompany departure, nice

Solid as ya get.

Solid as ya get.

David Silva named club captain after Kompany departure, nice

Where was that announced? Havent seen it but makes sense.

Where was that announced? Havent seen it but makes sense.

I went to get the source and saw the site was reporting it from the mirror actually so maybe not fully confirmed! Apologies for jumping the gun! It was heavily rumoured on the Blue Moon forum last week too though

• Advertisement

I went to get the source and saw the site was reporting it from the mirror actually so maybe not fully confirmed! Apologies for jumping the gun! It was heavily rumoured on the Blue Moon forum last week too though

Ah no worries, ud assume he is the logical replacement anyway.

Really fancy us for the league again next year. Decent signings so far in positions we needed to shore up. Nobody improving from the also rans and Liverpool will be impacted by the Club World Cup.

Would love if we'd exit the Carabao early to avoid the inevitable fixture congestion. 4 of them since 2014 is enough!

Islander13 wrote: »
    Really fancy us for the league again next year. Decent signings so far in positions we needed to shore up. Nobody improving from the also rans and Liverpool will be impacted by the Club World Cup.

Would love if we'd exit the Carabao early to avoid the inevitable fixture congestion. 4 of them since 2014 is enough!

Nah i want them all!!!! I actually quite like the league cup, love seeing fringe and youth playing. Its the semis thats a pain in the backside. Its over by feb anyway so gives us a chance to keep the fringe players sharp otherwise when we need them they are rusty. A very underestimated cup from the big teams if u ask me.

Actually same goes for charity shield i want us to go all guns blazing in it this year. Hopefully liverpool will be missing their front 3 so will make it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Actually same goes for charity shield i want us to go all guns blazing in it this year. Hopefully liverpool will be missing their front 3 so will make it easier.

Mané the only doubt if Senegal get to the final. Firmino and Salah already done with international work so those 2 and Origi for the community shield I reckon. No way all 3 wouldn’t play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Ah you'd want them as full strength as possible. Its more or less a nothing game but can't really set down marker with a win if they are under strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Linked strongly with Danny Alves, it could be a great buy (backup , experience etc. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

murphk wrote: »
    Linked strongly with Danny Alves, it could be a great buy (backup , experience etc. )

Would have been a great buy 5 or 10 years ago but a 36 year old would be a total deviation from our usual policy, even on a free.

Would have been a great buy 5 or 10 years ago but a 36 year old would be a total deviation from our usual policy, even on a free.

And hes an arse! He had his chance....twice and missed the boat...

• Advertisement
Advertisement