Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

?width=630&version=4725085

new Puma strip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Hitchens wrote: »

new Puma strip

rhubarb and custard :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was going to laugh but then remembered the Warrior Liverpool kits from recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hitchens wrote: »
    ?width=630&version=4725085

new Puma strip

My eyes!

That faded colour into shorts is a terrible look. Spurs had it last season but regularly had to change their shorts making it look stupid. CL final for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

murphk wrote: »
    Linked strongly with Danny Alves, it could be a great buy (backup , experience etc. )

Alves can do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Alves can do one.

Yea, he can, he had his chance last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Just want to check something. If sign up for BT sport's, you will be able to watch all of Man City league games? That seems to be suggested, but can't seem to verify it on BT site.

Just want to check something. If sign up for BT sport's, you will be able to watch all of Man City league games? That seems to be suggested, but can't seem to verify it on BT site.

No

8-10 wrote: »
    No

Living in Canada paying off this year...

Starting this season DAZN have all the rights to EVERY Premier League game and it saves it on demand for a few days too (Full Game or Highlights)

Only $12.50 (less than 10 euro a month!)

*Also has all Champions League Games, MLS, Serie A, France etc. coverage. All rugby, MLB TV, MMA stuff and more, it is INSANE value.

**I don't work for DAZN

• Advertisement

Living in Canada paying off this year...

Starting this season DAZN have all the rights to EVERY Premier League game and it saves it on demand for a few days too (Full Game or Highlights)

Only $12.50 (less than 10 euro a month!)

*Also has all Champions League Games, MLS, Serie A, France etc. coverage. All rugby, MLB TV, MMA stuff and more, it is INSANE value.

**I don't work for DAZN

The saving it on demand piece is key with timezones. That's a great deal

The saving it on demand piece is key with timezones. That's a great deal

Yeah absolutely! Since moving here the champions league lost its lustre a bit for me. Midweek evenings after dinner watching a game versus watching it in work in the afternoon trying to hide it from co-workers. Last season I turned off the internet and avoided scores until 8pm and then I just go straight into the app on the TV and open - no chance of running into the score anywhere and the magic is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Unsettling to hear Guardiola say that whether Sane stays or goes is out of his hands. Guardian reports that Sane is open to a move - hope he stays, such potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Why aren't we in for Dybala???? Why would he be interested in MU?? Would love to see him come. Could be a replacement fir Sane

Masala wrote: »
    Why aren't we in for Dybala???? Why would he be interested in MU?? Would love to see him come. Could be a replacement fir Sane

Sane not even gone, is Dybala not a striker , I always put him as that anyway.

Sane not even gone, is Dybala not a striker , I always put him as that anyway.

He can play in just about any forward position. I'd actually love to see him at City because I think he is truly class and just imagine how good he could become with Pep's coaching. But you are right, Sane is not gone and may well stay.

• Advertisement

He can play in just about any forward position. I'd actually love to see him at City because I think he is truly class and just imagine how good he could become with Pep's coaching. But you are right, Sane is not gone and may well stay.

We have a lot in forwards already with a lot of versiltile players

Strikers: Aguero/Jesus/Sterling
    Left Wing: Sterling/Sane

Right Wing: B Silva\Mahrez\KDB\Sterling

With Sterling being very versatile do we really need another 80 Million player to be on the bench. Be good to have but it would be a luxury.
    And to be fair to the squad most of the players can play alot of positions and trying to keep them all happy is difficult.

Glady take the win, rather win it and get a winning mentality for the games coming up.

Well done City. Can't argue much. You have Kyle Walker do something like that and it has to be your day

Possibly the best clearance I've ever seen

Looks like we are about to sign Cancelo from Juve, don't know much about him but seems versatile enough to play in a few positions, a bit of competition for Walker.

Looks like we are about to sign Cancelo from Juve, don't know much about him but seems versatile enough to play in a few positions, a bit of competition for Walker.

Scores goals too

• Advertisement

Scores goals too

Hes a defender correct, I dont know much about him.

Hes a defender correct, I dont know much about him.

Yeah Portuguese full back. Quick, modern type of player that you expect in that position these days. I think it’s fair to say Danilo hasn’t really worked out so if Cancelo is available on a swap it makes sense. He’d be no worse anyway.

On the goals front I looked it up and he hasn’t scored that many, might just be that I’ve just remembered seeing him score a few. But he is good going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I think danilo has been perfect. Done a job when required and not kicked up a fuss. Not sure id of done this deal when we have a glaring gap in centre defence and potentially need a replacement for Sane. Id of been happy to keep danilo for another year and prioritised the others.

POKERKING wrote: »
    I think danilo has been perfect. Done a job when required and not kicked up a fuss. Not sure id of done this deal when we have a glaring gap in centre defence and potentially need a replacement for Sane. Id of been happy to keep danilo for another year and prioritised the others.

Can he not play in the CB, we also have Stones and Laporte and Otemendi and fern can slot in there aswell.
    Not a glaring hole by any stretch.
    Is Sane not out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Can he not play in the CB, we also have Stones and Laporte and Otemendi and fern can slot in there aswell.
    Not a glaring hole by any stretch.
    Is Sane not out injured?

I have never seen him play centre back, i could see walker moving there before him. Hes an attacking drinbling full back whos not great defensively from what i have seen.

Those 4 at the back would be fine against most teams but against the big teams would be a weakness. They caved fairly easily on sunday when liverpool put any sort of pressure on us. Only one I trust is laporte.

Im not saying cancelo is a bad signing far from it, just think its a bit unnecessary.

Potential replacement for Sane was in reference to him potentially moving to bayern.

Is Sane not out injured?

Well, he got subbed after 10 minutes and was clearly in pain but he was still able to walk up the stairs and collect his medal after the match, which I don't think the medical team would have allowed him to do if there were a real injury.

Dom King is saying that Cancelo is a done deal and it will be announced today

I wish you guys would just stop for a year or two and give the rest of the league a chance!

Cancelo deal confirmed, a good bit of business, seems he is competent on both the left and the right. Walker will need to up his game to keep his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

There's talk that Sane damaged his ACL, which seems to be 2-3 months recovery.

There's talk that Sane damaged his ACL, which seems to be 2-3 months recovery.

In which case I do question the medical staff for not wrapping him in cotton wool the moment he came off the pitch! :eek:

• Advertisement

David Silva named club captain after Kompany departure, nice

Now it is confirmed...

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1159803732743413770

Fantastic win for City today, Sterling magnificent- top scorer this season? Mahrez played well too. Spurs up next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No loss in tempo Great start

Fantastic win for City today, Sterling magnificent- top scorer this season? Mahrez played well too. Spurs up next.

Comprehensively beat a team I'd expect to finish in the top half of the table despite being rusty and not quite in full swing yet. Same as last year, then.

However, while VAR has the potential to be a good thing, if it keeps being used like today it will suck the joy out of the game. You can't even celebrate a goal any more without wondering if it's going to scratched off 2 minutes from now. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Comprehensively beat a team I'd expect to finish in the top half of the table despite being rusty and not quite in full swing yet. Same as last year, then.

However, while VAR has the potential to be a good thing, if it keeps being used like today it will suck the joy out of the game. You can't even celebrate a goal any more without wondering if it's going to scratched off 2 minutes from now. :mad:

Didn't see the match so I'm a bit behind the times, is there any indication given that something is under review on TV and in the stadium or is when the ref blows the first you hear of it ?

E.g. Graphic on screen and score board.

murphk wrote: »
    Didn't see the match so I'm a bit behind the times, is there any indication given that something is under review on TV and in the stadium or is when the ref blows the first you hear of it ?

E.g. Graphic on screen and score board.

I experienced it a couple of times last season at a PL ground and it wasn't clear either time. There was a PA announcement after the fact which was a bit of a farce as the game had already restarted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

First time offence, only 2 breeches & admitted wrong doing instantly. Had they’d denied it I’m sure a ban would of been issued alright. Chelsea had 19 breaches was their 2nd offence and are still denying wrong doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gstack166 wrote: »
    First time offence, only 2 breeches & admitted wrong doing instantly. Had they’d denied it I’m sure a ban would of been issued alright. Chelsea had 19 breaches was their 2nd offence and are still denying wrong doing.

wasn't sure why there was a discrepancy but that makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

lads who is more likely to keep their place in the PL, Zinchenko or Stones? :D cheers

darego wrote: »
    lads who is more likely to keep their place in the PL, Zinchenko or Stones? :D cheers

Zinchenko is playing well I'd say he would be safe enough till Mendy back and even then will have a few weeks playing till Mendy match fit,after that then it's anyone's guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Zinchenko is playing well I'd say he would be safe enough till Mendy back and even then will have a few weeks playing till Mendy match fit,after that then it's anyone's guess .

sound, who is competing with Stones for cb?

darego wrote: »
    sound, who is competing with Stones for cb?

Probably going to be Laporte + Stones/Otamendi/Or Pep decides to throw Fernandinho or Walker in there on occasion which some have suggest over the last couple of weeks

KDB been unreal, he ups the level.

Absolutely battered them, wasteful though

• Advertisement

Great game but as previously said we were wasteful, we can complain about VAR - justifiably the non awarding of peno in first half but have to be much more clinical. Hope Aguero and Pep can sort out their differences as it got heated once he was subbed. De Bruyne MOTM by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What was the row between Aguero and Pep? Pep pointed at the far sideline which is near where Aguero was when the board went up, it looked to me that he was annoyed he didnt go off the pitch on the far side but instead wasted valuable time jogging back to the bench.

Hopefully that was all it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What was the row between Aguero and Pep? Pep pointed at the far sideline which is near where Aguero was when the board went up, it looked to me that he was annoyed he didnt go off the pitch on the far side but instead wasted valuable time jogging back to the bench.

It looked like KdB was getting increasingly pissed at Aguero for something before the substitution. I think that may be something to do with it. Aguero's position or the runs he was making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Just having a debate with a united fan.

I had a look at this newly published table by transfermarkt.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vereins-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop?plus=1

If man city and united as a club were put up for sale right now, am I right in saying city would be more expensive in terms of market value, or would united be more, cause the friend cites this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

• Advertisement
Advertisement