Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I would say Liverpool are extremely lucky with injuries , it all part and parcel of the game and City have got there fair share .

Would tend to agree, we've been playing russian roulette with Mane,Salah and Firmino for a couple of seasons now and getting away with it, Van Dijk also thankfully has barely picked up a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Even though a part of me wanted to curse as Liverpool's equaliser went in, I still could not help but smile.

Old habits die hard. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Even though a part of me wanted to curse as Liverpool's equaliser went in, I still could not help but smile.

Old habits die hard. :D

Is it nearly worth giving them that point :).
    Liverpool looked dire first half, not sure was it ole tactics to let Liverpool attack more 2nd half and defend but Liverpool where there for the taking .
    Salah such a big miss for them orgi and ox are poor subs/replacements.

City would have destroyed that Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Looking forward to next saturdays game..from a villa fans perspective we will probably be hammered,but we will sure give you a game!

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Looking forward to next saturdays game..from a villa fans perspective we will probably be hammered,but we will sure give you a game!

There are no easy games!

• Advertisement

so Rodri out until after the international break and I completely missed Zinchenko now has had knee surgery and is done 4-5 weeks, it doesn't stop!

so Rodri out until after the international break and I completely missed Zinchenko now has had knee surgery and is done 4-5 weeks, it doesn't stop!

Walker stones otemendi and Mendy isnt a bad back line have fern and we should be ok.
    Allot of injuries to be fair.

4 Acamady players fair play to Pep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Tommy Doyle making his debut.
    I watched both his grandfathers playing for City and feel quite old today.:D

4 Acamady players fair play to Pep!

Another game....another injury though. Angelino played quite well too.

Leaves us with the below as potential LB:

Mendy
    Zinchenko
    Angelino
    Laporte

Cancelo can switch to the left if Mendy goes down I suppose but not ideal! Hopefully a minor tweak and nothing too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Angelino just cramp apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1189826965366300672?s=21

Only one newspaper covering it & nothing on the tv!

If roles were reversed though. But Pep is wrong, there’s no media bias.

Islander13 wrote: »
    Angelino just cramp apparently

good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Walker stones otemendi and Mendy isnt a bad back line have fern and we should be ok.
    Allot of injuries to be fair.

Funny enough the predicted starting four this weekend contains only 2 of those 4!

Predicted: Joao Cancelo, Stones, Fernandinho, Mendy

source: https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/

That leaves Walker/Otemendi on the bench so even with all the injuries City have decent quality to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Today probably sums up our season so far really. Hard to stomach but long way to go yet.

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Today probably sums up our season so far really. Hard to stomach but long way to go yet.

We lost but thought was the best team overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Seen it coming all week. Most of the issues were our own problems. We should just chalk that game off every year as a 3-0 loss and not bother.

I feel weird, we lost but I feel really happy with the performance. I thought were the better team and if we end up playing them in champ league or cups in Anfield later on I would be more confident than I was this morning, given we were down so many players.

RE: the first goal. The more I think about it, the only 2 possible outcomes are:

1 - City given a peno and score- because B Silva handled the ball in the lead up the goal is disallowed and a free out to Liverpool

2- City given peno and miss and there is a goal kick or goal keeper restart

*don't ask what happens if the keeper palms it out and we score
    *I dont think it is a peno initially and that is why the ref didnt bring it back. The rule is if there is ANY handball in the lead up to goal it is chalked off but what can the ref do here? If it was outside the box imsure it would have been brought back.

Also, I miss the old City posters here, pity they were hounded and bullied out of here last season. great shame :(

I feel weird, we lost but I feel really happy with the performance. I thought were the better team and if we end up playing them in champ league or cups in Anfield later on I would be more confident than I was this morning, given we were down so many players.

RE: the first goal. The more I think about it, the only 2 possible outcomes are:

1 - City given a peno and score- because B Silva handled the ball in the lead up the goal is disallowed and a free out to Liverpool

2- City given peno and miss and there is a goal kick or goal keeper restart

*don't ask what happens if the keeper palms it out and we score
    *I dont think it is a peno initially and that is why the ref didnt bring it back. The rule is if there is ANY handball in the lead up to goal it is chalked off but what can the ref do here? If it was outside the box imsure it would have been brought back.

Also, I miss the old City posters here, pity they were hounded and bullied out of here last season. great shame :(

It was a peno all day long, it would have changed the game completely and then they go down the pitch and score. Frustrating!

We lost but thought was the best team overall.

Not much point in being the "better" team if you can't score!

• Advertisement

Not much point in being the "better" team if you can't score!

They did score and deserved to get a pen aswell.

They did score and deserved to get a pen aswell.

I'm aware we scored.

It's not just yesterday's match. We've had a fair few games this season where we totally dominated the opposition but struggled to put the ball into the net. Just like the Atalanta game this week - we should have been well out of sight at half time for that one.

Yesterday we had 18 shots and only 3 of them were on target. Compare that with Liverpools 12 shots and 5 or target. Our attack isn't as good as it's made out to be.

I'm aware we scored.

It's not just yesterday's match. We've had a fair few games this season where we totally dominated the opposition but struggled to put the ball into the net. Just like the Atalanta game this week - we should have been well out of sight at half time for that one.

Yesterday we had 18 shots and only 3 of them were on target. Compare that with Liverpools 12 shots and 5 or target. Our attack isn't as good as it's made out to be.

Harsh enough on our attack , we still highest scoring team in the league and Aguero is 3rd top goal scorer even tho he only gets 60 mins .

That game was our hardest game all season and we were the better team and the score didnt reflect how good City were especially with our weakened team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Harsh enough on our attack , we still highest scoring team in the league and Aguero is 3rd top goal scorer even tho he only gets 60 mins .

That game was our hardest game all season and we were the better team and the score didnt reflect how good City were especially with our weakened team.

I agree - it's your defense that let you down.

That said, if your opposition scores three goals, three shots on target is not going to be enough to win.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Aguero oscillates between weeks where he is the best striker in the world and completely unplayable and weeks where little seems to go right for him

Jesus is a fantastic talent but only seems to play consistently well when his family is here to entertain him. I get the feeling he is not very happy in England, and it is affecting his game.

Our best striker at the moment is Sterling and he is meant to be a midfielder.

I know we have another half dozen players who are well able to score but they don't do it as consistently as a really top team would do.

I totally accept that the above is a harsh, absolutely, but right now I get a better vibe from the Liverpool attack than ours.

Aguero oscillates between weeks where he is the best striker in the world and completely unplayable and weeks where little seems to go right for him

Jesus is a fantastic talent but only seems to play consistently well when his family is here to entertain him. I get the feeling he is not very happy in England, and it is affecting his game.

Our best striker at the moment is Sterling and he is meant to be a midfielder.

I know we have another half dozen players who are well able to score but they don't do it as consistently as a really top team would do.

I totally accept that the above is a harsh, absolutely, but right now I get a better vibe from the Liverpool attack than ours.

Let hope Aguero is not injured.

Let hope Aguero is not injured.

Out for 2-3 weeks just confirmed by Pep.

Was at the game Saturday and a lot of talk in the stands & in the pubs that City will look to sign Shane Duffy in January for £25m.

Maybe take with a pinch of salt Cos there nothing whatsoever being printed about it, ive searches everywhere. Can only see him being a stop gap til the end of the season for us, even though I think he’d do a job in the short term, I’d be amazed if he got 3 years with us.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Out for 2-3 weeks just confirmed by Pep.

Was at the game Saturday and a lot of talk in the stands & in the pubs that City will look to sign Shane Duffy in January for £25m.

Maybe take with a pinch of salt Cos there nothing whatsoever being printed about it, ive searches everywhere. Can only see him being a stop gap til the end of the season for us, even though I think he’d do a job in the short term, I’d be amazed if he got 3 years with us.

ugh, was so looking forward to this season as it appeared everyone was healthy and ready to go for first time in 3 seasons and it has just completely gone the other way now.:( shame

ugh, was so looking forward to this season as it appeared everyone was healthy and ready to go for first time in 3 seasons and it has just completely gone the other way now.:( shame

I’d rather have the injuries now and every one right from Jan - May. We’ve always been a second half of the season team, if we can keep it 9 points or less going into the new year I’ll be confident.

Every chance though the gap will widen instead of shortening however.

• Advertisement

gstack166 wrote: »
    I’d rather have the injuries now and every one right from Jan - May. We’ve always been a second half of the season team, if we can keep it 9 points or less going into the new year I’ll be confident.

Every chance though the gap will widen instead of shortening however.

Could be another 2 points added now to the gap. I don't think it's over yet , Liverpool have not looked great last few games it's bound to catch up with them but probably not today.
    Kev goal was something else.

So, so stale today. I would maybe start Foden to try something else and bring some energy (i know he was pretty anonymous when he came on) but it all just looks laboured

So, so stale today. I would maybe start Foden to try something else and bring some energy (i know he was pretty anonymous when he came on) but it all just looks laboured

Newcastle were not there to play, they packed there defence and they wanted the draw and fair play to them it worked. Thankfully we qualified for the Cl group already and we have to play Liverpool at home. Only thing going our way so far.

Newcastle were not there to play, they packed there defence and they wanted the draw and fair play to them it worked.

That's about 80% of our games, and it's up to us to break down those packed defenses.

Or did the lads decide to concentrate on the CL this year instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

I know should be positive but it feels like Peps first season in charge all over again. Nearly impossible to keep the same hunger year on year. Liverpool are having all the luck at the min but fair play to them. They are going to drop points but just cant see us taking advantage of it. Should put our energy into the champions league and a decent replacement for Kompany Ferna Silva and Kun for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Half time and job half done. Sign of the times that I am anxious about the result!

• Advertisement

The relief of that third goal, perhaps Everton can dousa favour

Excellent performance

How good was Rodri? KDB and him were superb tonight

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Did not see that result coming strange evening especially with the dark cloud of disgusting racism around the stadium.

Really missed Aguero, define tely would have scored header that Jesus missed. Disappointing.

• Advertisement

Can someone explain why Angelino is in that side? He had an absolute shocker yesterday - for the second goal he obligingly stepped aside to open the space for the shot, he kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas on numerous occasions and I cant remember him beating his opponent even once. Considering how crucial fullbacks are for Pep's side, surely we need a better option?

Can someone explain why Angelino is in that side? He had an absolute shocker yesterday - for the second goal he obligingly stepped aside to open the space for the shot, he kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas on numerous occasions and I cant remember him beating his opponent even once. Considering how crucial fullbacks are for Pep's side, surely we need a better option?

He is awful. Not good enough for us. He hasn’t improved since he was 16 he was making same mistakes.

Its been an awful season compounded now by losing to the worst United team in30 years and liverpool winning their first league in 30 years.

It has been awful so far but still in 3 competitions and if we can still be there come spring when Laporte and Sane will be close to coming back it will give them a boost. I know they said they would not be signing anyone in January but who knows.

Then get a little more luck and avoid more injuries in the latter part of the season and they could still end up with a trophy or two.

It is miserable at the moment though. I just hope this doesn't completely crash and burn leading to Guardiola just walking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Ya a poor performance, UTD deserving winners.

Our Defense looks so brittle any bit of pace in a counter and we are there for the taking, it appears that intensity in the press we used to do has dropped off a fair bit this year.

cant understand for the life of me why Foden does not get more minutes, any time hes on he brings an energy i think we are really missing.

I have to say the scenes in the Corner were a disgrace, hope that the Guy making the Monkey gestures gets banned for life.

Also hope the thugs throwing the lighters are found and banned, it was so disheartening to see the mother and child being removed by the stewards from that section.

Sane had his first pitch session this morning!

Source: His instragram

Sane had his first pitch session this morning!

Source: His instragram

That injury could still be long way away from being right. Was Aguero back training I thought I seen him in a pic on there facebook page.

That injury could still be long way away from being right. Was Aguero back training I thought I seen him in a pic on there facebook page.

yeah, he looks to be back in training. I see some stuff now on Sane to Bayern being done in the winter transfer window.

Yeah, I would say he is still a good way away from being back just nice to see him nearly there and hope to god they can sort something out before the Summer in terms of a contract although it seems he is all but gone.

yeah, he looks to be back in training. I see some stuff now on Sane to Bayern being done in the winter transfer window.

Yeah, I would say he is still a good way away from being back just nice to see him nearly there and hope to god they can sort something out before the Summer in terms of a contract although it seems he is all but gone.

Some craic if we went in for Mbappe with it. Some people would lose there minds.

Could be the best performance of the season so far, KDB great again, Mendy and Mahrez played well. Hope the KDB thing was just minor cramp at the end. It could have been ugly for Leicester without Schmeichels saves

He did a lot of good for city but i never warmed to him. Think it was when he was introducing the Goat to the hall of fame he said “welcome to the man united hall of fame”....still pisses me off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement