Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Same here.

I don't think he is a particularly nice guy but he did a brilliant job at City, something very few people could have achieved at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Article deleted?

POKERKING wrote: »
    Article deleted?

I guess it's a copyright violation.
    The original article was here: https://theathletic.co.uk/1477912/2019/12/26/garry-cook-manchester-city-messi-ronaldo-rooney-ronaldinho-mancini-hughes-ferguson/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Well that was tough to take, although title was well lost before last night.

Alot of people having a field day at it, fraudiola is back etc. i guess we set the bar too high. Two incredible seasons very hard to sustain that success.

Still three cups left to play for, any season you win a major trophy is a good season so i will be happy with one, even if its the league cup.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Alot of people having a field day at it, fraudiola is back etc. i guess we set the bar too high. Two incredible seasons very hard to sustain that success..

Jealousy, nothing else. Plenty of that on this very forum.

Quite a few years ago a mate of mine told us how he had gotten abuse from an Everton(?) supporter, and how great it had felt to be take seriously and hated again after years of pity and being everyone's second favourite team.

I'll take the sh*t they're throwing at us. It's better than the dross I used to watch for decades!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Jealousy, nothing else. Plenty of that on this very forum.

Quite a few years ago a mate of mine told us how he had gotten abuse from an Everton(?) supporter, and how great it had felt to be take seriously and hated again after years of pity and being everyone's second favourite team.

I'll take the sh*t they're throwing at us. It's better than the dross I used to watch for decades!

Most of us on here will remember being delighted just to be staying safe for another season. It's been a fantastic decade for us city fans. Fair play to liverpool. Their fans have suffered enough over the past 30 years. Its swings and roundabouts, they'll be back to drawing and losing games in a year or too that they shouldn't be soon enough. Then it'll be Flopp instead of Fraudioula ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not a great game no real stand out players but job done . Jesus with 2 but a bit of luck beating pickford on his near post.

Not a great game no real stand out players but job done . Jesus with 2 but a bit of luck beating pickford on his near post.

yeah they looked pretty solid. Bravo made the last 20 mins more awkward than it should have been.

Garcia looked pretty good. Over the last 3 games, Mendy has looked better (apart from the mistake against Wolves). Still has to be much better but I haven't completely lost hope in him as he continues to get his confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

What did ye think of the game last night ?

I though we were good in parts but not near our level of last season.

Mendy doesn't look like a shadow of the player he was (Maybe he needs time) but poor going forward, poor passing and not great defensively.

Sterling looks great going forward at times and i know he has scored loads of goals but he's no natural finisher, how many chances did he miss last night ?
    He scores so many because the system gets him in great positions.

I thought we looked tired once we went 3 up last night if we had gone for the Jugular it could have been another 6-1

I also was a bit frustrated with Peps substitutions, he leaves it so late to bring on players when we clearly needed fresh legs and were 3 up, he should have brought on 2 subs at 60 mins to rest players and give the subs a chacne foden i particular with a bit more time could have had a big impact in closing out the tie.i think that drop in our performace leel led directly to the goal and has kept Utd. in it.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

A bit harsh to be so critical after easily beating them at OT, I think.

The guys took the foot off the pedal in the second half, that's true, but compare it to the league match a few weeks ago and there was a massive improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

A bit harsh to be so critical after easily beating them at OT, I think.

The guys took the foot off the pedal in the second half, that's true, but compare it to the league match a few weeks ago and there was a massive improvement

I know what you mean and I'm not trying to be negative but i think that lack of ruthlessness and the drop in intensity a being an issue all season and teh reason we are so far behind Liverpool.

When you have a good win its important to be critical of yourself and ask how could it be better.

murphk wrote: »
    I know what you mean and I'm not trying to be negative but i think that lack of ruthlessness and the drop in intensity a being an issue all season and teh reason we are so far behind Liverpool.

When you have a good win its important to be critical of yourself and ask how could it be better.

The bar is set so high with Pep even a small dip in form can look bad.
    Either way you look at it we are still in 4 Cups .

What a day for Aguero, overtakes Henry in the all time premiership scoring charts, moves level with Lampard and overtake Shearer for most hattricks in the premiership. Love that guy.

Villa were a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I hope our team tonight is a strong 11, weird as it may sound given how comfortable our position is in the tie, I'd love for Guardiola to pick a strong team tonight and smash them. Like, we are out of the running for the league, so all eggs in the Champions League basket and try and pick up a couple cups along the way. Glad to see Sane back in full training too.

I hope our team tonight is a strong 11, weird as it may sound given how comfortable our position is in the tie, I'd love for Guardiola to pick a strong team tonight and smash them. Like, we are out of the running for the league, so all eggs in the Champions League basket and try and pick up a couple cups along the way. Glad to see Sane back in full training too.

Guardiola picks a strong team when playing Rotherham or Burton, I'm sure he'll pick another strong one tonight!

• Advertisement

Just watched the game there after recording it as I was in work earlier for it.

A lot less comfortable that I would have liked/expected. Like with so many of the losses this season, don't score early and it gets a bit dicey. So wasteful and always with the fear we could concede at pretty much any time.

United were awful too, their instance in playing out from the back consistently when it clearly was getting them into trouble but then City let them away with it by faffing about (D. Silva chance especially:confused:)

But at the end of the day another final to look forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I thought the formation worked mostly. I don't think it's one that would work every week, but for this specific tie it did the job. Man Utd were awful playing out from the back and it should've been punished with at least 2 or 3 goals, the Magure mess up in the 2nd half only for David Silva not to shoot was beyond belief. Also thought that Man Utd had practically no chances on the counter which was good.

The problem is still the finishing. That was easily a 3-0 game last night that turned into a tense semi final 2nd leg. I don't know what the solution is because the things that have improved like the controlled possession and the chance creation are things that can be worked on in training but the problem is still finishing. For all the practise you can do on that, when it comes down to it you're either a killer in front of goal or you aren't and I think the team just doesn't have enough killers in situations like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

It's amazing that for all the missed/wasted scoring chances this season City are still the first team in any of the major European leagues to score 100 goals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

..and Otemendi is a time bomb waiting to explode. That foul on Maguire outside the box and he going nowhere was just pure childish. and not bad enough that he brings down opponents but he now tackling our own players now.

Hope Pep gave him the hairdryer treatment in the dressing room

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Masala wrote: »
    ..and Otemendi is a time bomb waiting to explode. That foul on Maguire outside the box and he going nowhere was just pure childish. and not bad enough that he brings down opponents but he now tackling our own players now.

Hope Pep gave him the hairdryer treatment in the dressing room

I think De Bruynes reaction to that foul summed up how all City supporters were feeling

• Advertisement

So highly disappointing but not surprising ruling by UEFA. Would be surprised if ban is upheld but whether its sorted by next season remains to be seen. Hard to hold onto the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne now but at least can concentrate on putting liverpool back in their box next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Mulumpy wrote: »
    So highly disappointing but not surprising ruling by UEFA. Would be surprised if ban is upheld but whether its sorted by next season remains to be seen. Hard to hold onto the likes of Sterling and De Bruyne now but at least can concentrate on putting liverpool back in their box next season.

What do you think about how City have cheated their way to success? Are you disappointed by that or just by the ruling?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Now UEFA need to punish PSG and that will be both of the worst cheats in relation to FFP sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

dmigsy wrote: »
    What do you think about how City have cheated their way to success? Are you disappointed by that or just by the ruling?

I think it's pretty funny that City have broken all these rules and still haven't managed to win it after pumping so much illegal money into the team :pac: Or is it just me that finds that hilarious?

I suppose one advantage is City can now put Liverpool back in their box next season as someone above mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

darego wrote: »
    I think it's pretty funny that City have broken all these rules and still haven't managed to win it after pumping so much illegal money into the team :pac: Or is it just me that finds that hilarious?

I suppose one advantage is City can now put Liverpool back in their box next season as someone above mentioned

Any points deduction penalty from.the premier League will start from next season I would think ..so ...they can concentrate on the domestic cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Any points deduction penalty from.the premier League will start from next season I would think ..so ...they can concentrate on the domestic cups.

Nothing retrospective since the cheating began in 2012?

Peatys wrote: »
    Nothing retrospective since the cheating began in 2012?

Exactly to stop this constant cheating by clubs like City and PSG they should be stripped of all honours won during the time period.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Exactly to stop this constant cheating by clubs like City and PSG they should be stripped of all honours won during the time period.

Ah here come off it. Sure they can appeal and see where are they then as this scare mongering is pointless.

Ah here come off it. Sure they can appeal and see where are they then as this scare mongering is pointless.

They should be stripped of all titles during a period where they are found cheating which is what City have been doing since the takeover by their current owners. The world and it’s wife knows it cheating pure and simple.

City and PSG are the Lance Armstrong’s of football - Cheats.

• Advertisement

They should be stripped of all titles during a period where they are found cheating which is what City have been doing since the takeover by their current owners. The world and it’s wife knows it cheating pure and simple.

City and PSG are the Lance Armstrong’s of football - Cheats.

You come across very bitter in your posts. They havent been even charged yet in the Premier league and your demanding to hang them . Let's wait and see what the investigators find what City reply before making judgements.

You come across very bitter in your posts. They havent been even charged yet in the Premier league and your demanding to hang them . Let's wait and see what the investigators find what City reply before making judgements.

Don’t be so stupid you know very well clubs like City and PSG have being fiddling the finances for years. Now they are caught they should have the book thrown at them.

Don’t be so stupid you know very well clubs like City and PSG have being fiddling the finances for years. Now they are caught they should have the book thrown at them.

Show me so what they have done since you know everything ? I dont have all the facts and we dont know City reply , so saying that how can you determine a fair judgement.
    If you think you know it all then please be my guest and show your workings .

Show me so what they have done since you know everything ? I dont have all the facts and we dont know City reply , so saying that how can you determine a fair judgement.
    If you think you know it all then please be my guest and show your workings .

Leaked emails from the then CFO of City should help educate you.

One of the emails, from City’s then chief financial officer, Jorge Chumillas, headed “Cashflow”, stated that Mansour’s own company vehicle, the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), would be paying £57m as a “contribution to 13/14 sponsorship fee”, while only £8m was Etihad’s “direct contribution”. Then Chumillas sent invoices for Etihad, internally to the City executives Ferran Soriano and Simon Pearce, stating that for 2015-16, the Etihad sponsorship was £67.5m, of which “£8m should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5 [sic] by ADUG”.

Leaked emails from the then CFO of City should help educate you.

One of the emails, from City’s then chief financial officer, Jorge Chumillas, headed “Cashflow”, stated that Mansour’s own company vehicle, the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), would be paying £57m as a “contribution to 13/14 sponsorship fee”, while only £8m was Etihad’s “direct contribution”. Then Chumillas sent invoices for Etihad, internally to the City executives Ferran Soriano and Simon Pearce, stating that for 2015-16, the Etihad sponsorship was £67.5m, of which “£8m should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5 [sic] by ADUG”.

Leaked or hacked .
    So are emails fact now of what happened exactly . Alot of muck could be sent on email and not be close to the truth.
    I'm sure City have accounts that will have the correct information and when ever its damning or not we dont know until they release or have to produce it. Till then I'll reserve judgement.

Leaked or hacked .
    So are emails fact now of what happened exactly . Alot of muck could be sent on email and not be close to the truth.
    I'm sure City have accounts that will have the correct information and when ever its damning or not we dont know until they release or have to produce it. Till then I'll reserve judgement.

City are not denying the emails are incorrect they are complaining how they where obtained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This is what happens when you become a state owned club from the Saudis of all places. You deserve every punishment you get

City are not denying the emails are incorrect they are complaining how they where obtained.

Did they confirm the emails where correct and the content within the emails are 100% correct of what happened ?
    Or is the lack of denial proff enough for you that City agree what was said in the emails?

Did they confirm the emails where correct and the content within the emails are 100% correct of what happened ?
    Or is the lack of denial proff enough for you that City agree what was said in the emails?

The emails are confirmed to come from the ex City CFO to other senior executives in the club.

Also to show you the mindset and contempt held by the club when a member of the investigation committee died another internal mail was sent with the words 1 down 6 to go. Stay classy City to the end.

• Advertisement

The emails are confirmed to come from the ex City CFO to other senior executives in the club.

Also to show you the mindset and contempt held by the club when a member of the investigation committee died another internal mail was sent with the words 1 down 6 to go. Stay classy City to the end.

But you trust that everything said in an email is fact of what happened ?

Let me send an email to you that I m going to rob for tKnox. Does that mean I have done it and if I was charged with the crime I wouldn't need more evidence to prove I done it.

But you trust that everything said in an email is fact of what happened ?

Let me send an email to you that I m going to rob for tKnox. Does that mean I have done it and if I was charged with the crime I wouldn't need more evidence to prove I done it.

Stop your embarrassing yourself, now what no comment about slagging the death of an investigator. Stay classy City fans stay classy.

Stop your embarrassing yourself, now what no comment about slagging the death of an investigator. Stay classy City fans stay classy.

What you want me to say ? I didnt see the email or email chain .

Just answer me this do you accept what was released in the emails to be true and enough to put a heavy judgement to City or do think more evidence is needed.

Just answer me this do you accept what was released in the emails to be true and enough to put a heavy judgement to City or do think more evidence is needed.

Read the Der Spegial articles all contained in there for you.

I wouldn't bother replying to the wasps that come on other teams threads. City will get a fair hearing and if found guilty then fair enough, until then I'm reserving judgement. Regardless City have played fabulous entertaining football for the past 10 years or so and deserve every title they have won, no different to how excellent Liverpool this season and despite their many classless supporters well done to them

Mulumpy wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother replying to the wasps that come on other teams threads. City will get a fair hearing and if found guilty then fair enough, until then I'm reserving judgement. Regardless City have played fabulous entertaining football for the past 10 years or so and deserve every title they have won, no different to how excellent Liverpool this season and despite their many classless supporters well done to them

I totally agree with you City have played amazing football over the last number of years no doubt but the issue is all their achievements are tainted the way Lance Armstrong's achievements are tainted.

• Advertisement

Read the Der Spegial articles all contained in there for you.

But what exactly is the damning evidence for you. I asked you and you said emails and when I asked you do you believe everything in the emails to be true you fob me off. So is there something more or what ?

But what exactly is the damning evidence for you. I asked you and you said emails and when I asked you do you believe everything in the emails to be true you fob me off. So is there something more or what ?

When the club itself does not deny the content of the emails but does disagree with how they were gotten then yes I 100% believe them to be true as does UEFA.

When the club itself does not deny the content of the emails but does disagree with how they were gotten then yes I 100% believe them to be true as does UEFA.

That's fair enough , but it's very silly of you to think that's enough to ban a team.
    If this goes to court not a hope in hell that would be enough and alot more evidence is needed and rightly so ! Till then I'll reserve my judgement.

That's fair enough , but it's very silly of you to think that's enough to ban a team.
    If this goes to court not a hope in hell that would be enough and alot more evidence is needed and rightly so ! Till then I'll reserve my judgement.

Fair enough so a question if they are found guilty in a court of law and found to have cheated should they be stripped of honours won during the said period?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Let's all hold our whist and see what happens on appeal. Only then can we comment on the possible consequences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement