Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

I sort of feel sorry for Stones for some reason but I am looking forward to being rid of him whenever the time comes. Too many injuries and too many bad mistakes

Presume he will be moved on in the Summer, has made little progress over the last 3 years. Hopefully we can score an early goal in the second half and put it to bed.

Fúcking hell, dicey enough moments at the end. Fair play to Bravo for that save on to the post too. Great to get another trophy in the cabinet!

City made hard work of that but delighted with win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They gave us a bit of a game today

Phil Foden is going to be some player for us

Foden played well on the wing, Rodri improving too

• Advertisement

Good man David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Haha Mendy breath of fresh air . He loves the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I sort of feel sorry for Stones for some reason but I am looking forward to being rid of him whenever the time comes. Too many injuries and too many bad mistakes

And every time he makes a mistake it seems to result in a goal...

He has the potential to be a top player but, as has been said, he does not seem to be making any progress

A win tomorrow be really nice , Pep will take it serious.

A win tomorrow be really nice , Pep will take it serious.

He takes every cup seriously

• Advertisement

He does to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Easy to take it serious when you have assembled a squad allegedly against fair play rules, costing billions. Never mind getting easy draws time and time again.

Easy to take it serious when you have assembled a squad allegedly against fair play rules, costing billions. Never mind getting easy draws time and time again.
    Billions ??
    Only beat Real Madrid away was that easy.

LOL, like you skulking around in here? Go take your frustration out on something else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Try staying in the cups longer than 2 rounds then yourself’s to make sure City don’t get easy draws. It’s really that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Go easy on us tonight please ;)

Go easy on us tonight please ;)

We will never forget Wigan (twice!)!

Scrappy game, wasn't comfortable at all but they did enough.

Anybody at home next round please.

Newcastle away. Stubborn

Hate saying it but City terribly disappointing today, really poor. Derby matches mean a lot to the fans and we never looked like scoring today.

Hate saying it but City terribly disappointing today, really poor. Derby matches mean a lot to the fans and we never looked like scoring today.

They were poor, very poor. The only positive that can be taken is that it helps Solskjaer have more time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It was poor, Ederson was unusually very poor but being honest I didn't care so much. The league now is just for experimenting and making sure the team is ticking over (which they weren't yesterday) but the team selection shows where the priorities are for the club. There's a potential cup treble on offer, if losing that game means that some key players like De Bruyne, Mahrez and Walker get a bit of a break then so be it. Rushing players back or over-playing players for the sake of a derby win would have been a mistake I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

So it looks like a clean sweep of domestic trophies for us again this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

loobylou wrote: »
    So it looks like a clean sweep of domestic trophies for us again this season

And yet another CL failure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Used to that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi all.... just started using Zoom video conferencing cos of the Covid lockdown.

Anyone got a City background to Use as a Zoom background that works show the logo on far left or right... cos my big head is taking up the Centre!!!?

Many thanks

Spurs & Liverpool are the only top 6 clubs to place their non-playing staff on taxpayer-funded furlough scheme.

Remember their fans calling City ‘a state funded club’ ironic.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

gstack166 wrote: »
    Spurs & Liverpool are the only top 6 clubs to place their non-playing staff on taxpayer-funded furlough scheme.

Remember their fans calling City ‘a state funded club’ ironic.

Big difference between a global pandemic and health crisis and a state funding a football club. I don't see other clubs in the premier league been banned from European competitions for the next two years.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Big difference between a global pandemic and health crisis and a state funding a football club. I don't see other clubs in the premier league been banned from European competitions for the next two years.

I don’t see many other clubs who increased revenue by £77.9m last year to partake a furlough scheme designed to help small business from going bust. Danny Murphy describes it best when he said what Liverpool have done is ‘grotesque’.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I don’t see many other clubs who increased revenue by £77.9m last year to partake a furlough scheme designed to help small business from going bust. Danny Murphy describes it best when he said what Liverpool have done is ‘grotesque’.

Way to deflect from the real point that City are the only club caught cheating and taking dirty oil money. At least COVID 19 provides the media with other things.
    Will be great when the Premier League deducts 20 points from City or even relegate them in coming seasons.

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Way to deflect from the real point that City are the only club caught cheating and taking dirty oil money.

Deflect? The post was about The furlough scheme. It was you who deflected from that. You should take off the blinkers.

Ps I’d take ‘dirty oil money’ any day of the week off my boss before I’d go cap in hand to the government to avoid paying my cleaner a few quid.

If they relegate the club well then so be it. Good job they don’t relegate teams or ban them from Europe for being classless or else Liverpool would be playing in the conference for the foreseeable

City confirm that they won't be taking handouts from the UK government

City confirm that they won't be taking handouts from the UK government

How dare they. Trying to deflect their european ban & dirty oil money by refusing to scrounge off of the government.

Will be great when the Premier League deducts 20 points from City or even relegate them in coming seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pep's mother has died from Coronavirus - RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pep's mother has died from Coronavirus - RIP

At the same time as that gob****e Walker is having a party with possibly the most contagious people outside of frontline healthcare workers (prostitutes that are still working)

https://twitter.com/superbiaproeiia/status/1247271030395191297?s=21

In a Class of their own during this virus it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Deflect? The post was about The furlough scheme. It was you who deflected from that. You should take off the blinkers.

Ps I’d take ‘dirty oil money’ any day of the week off my boss before I’d go cap in hand to the government to avoid paying my cleaner a few quid.

If they relegate the club well then so be it. Good job they don’t relegate teams or ban them from Europe for being classless or else Liverpool would be playing in the conference for the foreseeable

Did Man City not get government help to build their stadium?

rgace wrote: »

No. They lease it from the council.

Hope it clears that up for you.

No. The stadium would not have been built at all if City had not agreed to take it over as permanent tenant after the Commonwealth Games, as the council would not have wanted to be stuck with a White Elephant.

City had to pay for the work to convert it into a football stadium themselves.That was well before the oil money came in and was a massive commitment for a struggling club.

Council did very well out of that deal

• Advertisement

Nostalgia time. Remember Ewood Park and the grassy knoll? Still one of my favourite City memories.

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDickov/status/1256310038584422400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Mark Kennedy at his best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Hey all Kinda quite in here latley. Hopefully with the season kicking off soon we will have something to chat about.

Does anyone have any YouTube podacasts they follow for City news, I follow EsteemedKompany

Anone have other suggestions ?
    How do ye think we might do in the CL, with our injuries i think it may be a benifit to us.

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Hey all Kinda quite in here latley. Hopefully with the season kicking off soon we will have something to chat about.

Does anyone have any YouTube podacasts they follow for City news, I follow EsteemedKompany

Anone have other suggestions ?
    How do ye think we might do in the CL, with our injuries i think it may be a benifit to us.

Why do you think injuries will benefit us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Why do you think injuries will benefit us?

Assume he means that the additional recuperation time means injured players could be back?

Assume he means that the additional recuperation time means injured players could be back?

Ya sorry if i wasnt clear the above is what i ment, we had lots of injuries with some just about ready to come back but would need time to get up to speed.

Now it looks like they will have had a long time off to recover fully and a "pre-season" of sort to get up to speed.

Edit: If your looking at who benifits most from the break its probably us (Particularly Laporte)

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Ya sorry if i wasnt clear the above is what i ment, we had lots of injuries with some just about ready to come back but would need time to get up to speed.

Now it looks like they will have had a long time off to recover fully and a "pre-season" of sort to get up to speed.

Edit: If your looking at who benifits most from the break its probably us (Particularly Laporte)

Hard to know really, is the full squad back , as in has none of the players decided not to , Id be surprised if there not a few, wasnt Silva young daughter sick when she was born and missed some time over it.

Appeal to CAS started this morning, will run until Wednesday.

Any thoughts as to the outcome?

i reckon we will get the verdict over turned based on the argument that the Investigation was not carried out correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Foden the other night was so good. Like I don't know what the ceiling is on that guy. Came across great in the Sky Post match interview too. Thought Mahrez was excellent too.

Foden the other night was so good. Like I don't know what the ceiling is on that guy. Came across great in the Sky Post match interview too. Thought Mahrez was excellent too.

Ya both very good on the night.

Foden is some talent but he needs to get game time to get experience but he already has all the tools.

Ive never been able to warm to Mahrez not sure why, hes a great player. I think the way he forced a move from leicester left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement