Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Anyone watching the Game?

I think with out a recognised centre forward we lack a focal point. need to get Gabbi on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Game?

I think with out a recognised centre forward we lack a focal point. need to get Gabbi on.

Gabbi was saved for the Newcastle game. Unlike yesterday, there will still be something to play for in the cup.

Also, I wonder how much played on the players' minds that they'd rather have Liverpool win title yesterday instead of at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

That game summed up our season nicely. Defense needs a rebuild, not necessarily the personnel although that would help but the shape. So predictable and easy to play against. Its embarrassing how many times we have made the same mistakes this season. Big job and summer ahead. Hopefully we can win the fa cup but tricky ties left unlike previous years in cups. Not a chance in the cl this year i dont think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

The loss of Kompany was huge. He drove that team not just on the pitch but dressing room too. All the chat about Laporte getting injured missed the mark IMO. Vincent was and is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

.G. wrote: »
    The loss of Kompany was huge. He drove that team not just on the pitch but dressing room too. All the chat about Laporte getting injured missed the mark IMO. Vincent was and is the man.

Might be an idea to try to bring him back to replace Arteta on the couching staff. His player-manager stint didn’t really work out, so he might be inclined to take a supporting role where he can learn for a few years before jumping back into the top job again.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Might be an idea to try to bring him back to replace Arteta on the couching staff. His player-manager stint didn’t really work out, so he might be inclined to take a supporting role where he can learn for a few years before jumping back into the top job again.

I read somewhere recently that City have already tried to do exactly that, and he declined. I guess he's still trying to make it as a manager in his own right before even considering going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Exciting game, City deserve to be one up, great to see Sterling get one over Gomez

Yes, yes, yes

Yes, whar a goal by Foden

• Advertisement

Obviously it doesn't matter that much but would rather win than lose (and win well), would have been nice to put another couple in. Especially after that firework nonsense...classless, expect nothing else from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well done lads on a great result last night. To say you beat the champions is a great accolade this season.

Mad to think we are still 20 points ahead of Man City.

Also fair play with the guard of honour, reallly shows your teams class and how far they team have ome within a year. Its a memory which will live with me forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Anyway, I thought we were great last night and it really wasn't until the 2nd goal that Liverpool just kinda gave up on it. Up until then it was a really high level game. Probably meaningless for Liverpool in the bigger picture but I thought important for our team to make a point against this Liverpool team, put down a marker not only for next season but going into this Champions League tournament.

De Bruyne is something else, Sterling too and loved that Guardiola did it with 2 kids (Foden and Garcia) in the starting 11. Foden in particular is scary good.

Great game, we unlucky not to equalise there. Southampton have 11 back each time we threaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭roverjoyce

This is like watching arsenal a few years ago
    All City need is a striker with a presence who can put the ball in the net

Vardy or Danny Ings would do

Getting the toughest possible draw, who'd have thunk it?

• Advertisement

mate just sent me this

BREAKING!!

Pep leaves City by mutual consent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53343410

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's going to be an interesting few days ahead gentlemen

mate just sent me this

BREAKING!!

Pep leaves City by mutual consent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53343410

Should have put that into the humour thread instead

Hopefully we will get good news tomorrow re Champions league, long wait is nearly over.

We today is the big day!

What does everyone think ?

Have to say i was bullish yesterday bevcause of twitter romours id heard of city getting off(I know !!)

Today im a bit more pessamistic.

• Advertisement

Hope for the best because anything less may have big repercussions in terms of new players and perhaps retaining one or two existing ones. De Bryune is playing fantastic, would he be happy to stick around with no European games?

We today is the big day!

What does everyone think ?

Have to say i was bullish yesterday bevcause of twitter romours id heard of city getting off(I know !!)

Today im a bit more pessamistic.

I've seen rumours either way, which shows how reliable they are!

City not banned😊

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

City not banned!

Phew! Common sense prevails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Just give us 10million and we will forget all about it

Not a great look for UEFA

CAS verdict read: "The CAS award emphasised that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) were either not established or time-barred.

In other words the so called investigation was poor at best

Would be gr8 if we could finally go and win it this year. This decision should give the whole club a lift although haven't played too bad the last 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not a great look for UEFA

CAS verdict read: "The CAS award emphasised that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) were either not established or time-barred.

In other words the so called investigation was poor at best

on this, CAS acknowledge that city did break the rules, but because UEFA investigated poorly, or didn't get the evidence in time that makes it all okay?

This is a win for city in terms if their being no ban, but they've effectively got off scott free for cheating the system

bennyl10 wrote: »
    on this, CAS acknowledge that city did break the rules, but because UEFA investigated poorly, or didn't get the evidence in time that makes it all okay?

This is a win for city in terms if their being no ban, but they've effectively got off scott free for cheating the system

You kinda missed an important bit.

Not established OR Time barred.

Innocent until proven guilty which they were not.

Whether you like it or not City have been cleared and this disaster of an investigation by UEFA has shown them in a very poor light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭bennyl10

You kinda missed an important bit.

Not established OR Time barred.

Innocent until proven guilty which they were not.

Whether you like it or not City have been cleared and this disaster of an investigation by UEFA has shown them in a very poor light.

either,

meaning that both were in play. They didnt establish some, and others, with evidence, were time-barred. At least in my reading of it,

UEFA have come out poorly, and this is an absolute disaster for FFP.

No real reprucsiuons anymore

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    either,

meaning that both were in play. They didnt establish some, and others, with evidence, were time-barred. At least in my reading of it,

UEFA have come out poorly, and this is an absolute disaster for FFP.

No real reprucsiuons anymore

from the CAS announcement

MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS
    SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE
    UEFA AUTHORITIES

Says it all really the "not established or time barred" appears to refer to the integrity of the Uefa investigation and findings

What great news to wake up to! Just want to say....

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just a very brief break from my self imposed exile to say I'm delighted that CAS came to the right decision this morning. Common sense broke out in the corridors of power in Lausanne.

That is all. Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

blueser wrote: »
    Just a very brief break from my self imposed exile to say I'm delighted that CAS came to the right decision this morning. Common sense broke out in the corridors of power in Lausanne.

That is all. Carry on.
    Come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

blueser wrote: »

That is all. Carry on.

you are missed around here

This is the best day! All around the internet people are losing their minds about Man City, it's great, you'd have to guess they hoped/expected the club to just go away after 9:30am but we're stronger than ever after today!

Guardiola taking the verbal sledgehammer to several targets in today's press conference. No fear, just giving them a nice dose of reality. I love that this man is our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

About bloody time too. The club has put up with the gutter press for far too long. I'm sure I heard a thinly veiled threat too about reporters needing to be careful. Amen to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I enjoyed peps press conference. I have to say.

• Advertisement

Centurions:cool:

Ha ha. All is forgiven Arteta

100 points, untouchable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

100 points, untouchable

Might never be touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Might never be touched.

Honestly,no don't think it ever will.

The last three seasons have been crazy and it will be to the league's detriment if those kind of numbers become a regular thing

Centurions. Pep speaking truth. Ferran Torres. UEFA defeated. Great week!

• Advertisement

Very disappointing tonight, not at it at all in the first half and never really looked like scoring. Arsenal played a clever game. Perhaps a wake up call for Champions League.

Well that was pretty depressing. Would have topped off a great week. They need to sort this issue out, it seems to be happening ever more frequently, 39 crosses into the box for what? Jesus didn't touch the ball in a meaningful way in the second half. Sterling wasteful, KDB was off it in the first half, Walker asleep a few times, ugh depressing.

Would love to be a fly on the wall for Guardiola and Artetas glass of wine though to hear the conversation (if that is still a thing)

Another disappointing defeat. All or nothing from City as usual. Can't ever seem to handle going behind. Fair play to Arsenal though well deserved.

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Ha ha. All is forgiven Arteta

Do you want to retract that statement? :rolleyes:

Do you want to retract that statement? :rolleyes:

Ha maybe so. Still rather be out of the cup than listening to those scousers gloat :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement