Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Looking like very strong favourites for the title now. Ruben Dias should be getting even more credit that Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's looking good. This run of fixtures is coming at an ideal time to build a lead. Gundogan is probably in the best form of his City career and Ruben Dias is superb, I don't know if the club could have found a better centre back/leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Worried about Jesus.... he seems to be headless at the moment. His positioning etc is way off. He should be getting on the score sheet at least every 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Masala wrote: »
    Worried about Jesus.... he seems to be headless at the moment. His positioning etc is way off. He should be getting on the score sheet at least every 2 games.

Will they make a move for a striker in the summer, or even in the next two weeks?

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Will they make a move for a striker in the summer, or even in the next two weeks?

Definitely in the summer. In a dream world it's Haaland. Honestly I think we've needed that 1 really elite attacking signing for a little while now to get us to that next level.

Definitely in the summer. In a dream world it's Haaland. Honestly I think we've needed that 1 really elite attacking signing for a little while now to get us to that next level.

Would love to test the water on getting Kane from Spurs ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Excellent first half all we were missing is a goal

Great game of ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

whats the story with aguero? thought he was getting back to fitness.

Here we go lads! First time top this season and I don't think it'll be the last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Here we go lads! First time top this season and I don't think it'll be the last.

What are the chances of the general premier league thread having that league table ladder like they had last year? Just as i suspected....

Great to be back playing well winning games, its all in our hands. Lets hope KDB isnt too badly injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

POKERKING wrote: »
    What are the chances of the general premier league thread having that league table ladder like they had last year? Just as i suspected....

Great to be back playing well winning games, its all in our hands. Lets hope KDB isnt too badly injured.

It has been posted up all the time after each round of games,but sure you would know that if you had a look.........

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Disappointing to hear about Dé Bruyne, hope Pep is exaggeratinging about length he will be out. Few easy games on the way but if he is out for 10 weeks will miss the Pool and United game.

Hope Pep is playing psychological games with Klopp etc...... on the KDB news!!

The less said about that the better

A couple of them shouldn't put on that shirt again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Never in doubt, that. Never in doubt.

giphy-1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The less said about that the better

A couple of them shouldn't put on that shirt again

Mendy and Garcia were both shocking. But what disappointed me more was that neither Doyle nor Harwood-Bellis used the occasion to show that they are ready to take the step up.

Thank f*ck for Foden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Phew.. 40 points reached, safe for another season.

Was wondering if he might start putting Laporte in at LB like he did for a a few of the big games 2 seasons ago, Zinchenko moving into his natural position it looks like

loobylou wrote: »

Ah you would miss the total despair of a relegation battle looking at the fixture list and wonder how we could pick up even a point in the next few matches to stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

loobylou wrote: »
    Ah you would miss the total despair of a relegation battle looking at the fixture list and wonder how we could pick up even a point in the next few matches to stay up

Ah, I look back fondly on those times too. Great excitement ;)

• Advertisement

Ah, I look back fondly on those times too. Great excitement ;)

I remember unexpectedly winning away at Newcastle one year, which pretty much confirmed us staying up. Happy Days indeed!

Not entirely sure about the great excitement, though. Remember the season under Stewart Pearce when we never scored at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

True... I really mean the "excitement" of the last few games deciding survival - not the goal-shy season(s) as a whole. :p

The excitement of the last few games deciding the title is a different excitement, of course :pac:

I remember unexpectedly winning away at Newcastle one year, which pretty much confirmed us staying up. Happy Days indeed!

Not entirely sure about the great excitement, though. Remember the season under Stewart Pearce when we never scored at home?

That period was our worst, I preferred div 2 over that. Pearce is one of the worst managers to ever manage in the top flight. Shocking what he served up once his initial honeymoon period was over.

POKERKING wrote: »
    That period was our worst, I preferred div 2 over that. Pearce is one of the worst managers to ever manage in the top flight. Shocking what he served up once his initial honeymoon period was over.

Div 2 was great! That home win over Stoke coming back from behind for the first time in years, and of course "it's Dickov again", what a moment that was!

Imagine winning a decisive match by scoring 2 goals in injury time :)

Sheffield Utd at the weekend, let's hope they don't cause us as many problems as they did the other Manchester club.

Sheffield Utd at the weekend, let's hope they don't cause us as many problems as they did the other Manchester club.
    U6xWtZJ.jpg

While the good vibes are flowing, Gundogan raising money for local cafés and restaurants is pretty great.

On the pitch he's in the best form he's been in since arriving in England, he's added a forward burst and goals to his control, he's been as good as any player in this league.

I know we are two up but how is that not a peno for Jesus?

I know we are two up but how is that not a peno for Jesus?
    Farcical (VARcical)? Nailed on penalty for us not given (don't even remember it being reviewed). Whereas Martial got tripped up by a long blade of grass at OT, and gets the penalty. Maybe start playing in red? We'd get more penalties.

Even if we did end up missing them!

Screenshot-20210203-200603-Scores.jpg

75% + 26% = Er........

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Screenshot-20210203-200603-Scores.jpg

75% + 26% = Er........

Must have been compiled by the same guy reviewing peno appeal

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1357391269245370368?s=19

So; 6 out of the 8 fixtures in february are on the road. Riiight. Bring it on.

C'mon City

We cannot afford to miss p
    enalties like that, happens far too often

Surely .... spending 5-10 minutes a training sessions on taking penalties would be a priority for Pep. You wouldn’t see an U13 team miss by that much

We're cursed at Anfield.

Yessss!!!!!

Great goalkeeping, yes(*2)

well this is quite enjoyable

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    We're cursed at Anfield.
    Then again.....

Never thought I would see a scoreline like that in anfield

Fcuking brilliant

Sterling, Gundogan and Foden played great - any of the three could have been MOTM. Its hard to win at Anfield... even for Liverpool

Fantastic result and 2nd half was a brilliant performance. Controlled most of it, had the magic going forward and the steel at the back to keep them out (penalty aside). Foden, Gundogan, Cancelo, Sterling all great. Guardiola's half time switch worked, masterclass today from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Great win but what is it with all the penalty misses. Lucky they didn't let it affect them. Tough run of fixtures coming up. Long way to go 💪

We miss a penalty, Ruben has his worst game for us so far and have a goal ruled out for offside.

And we still obliterate them at Anfield!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

At last we win there. Some turnaround, we were turd for the first 9 or 10 games. Then we just went on this run. A bit like John Lazarus stones

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Great win but what is it with all the penalty misses. Lucky they didn't let it affect them. Tough run of fixtures coming up. Long way to go ��
    Agreed. Today was a start, that's all it was. We need to keep the form going. If need be, sacrifice the cup at Swansea in midweek (though Pep won't do that). We've got Spurs (H), Everton (A) and Arsenal (A) in our next three PL games. I'd gladly take 7 points from those games. Gladly.

Sterling, Gundogan and Foden played great - any of the three could have been MOTM. Its hard to win at Anfield... even for Liverpool

Bernardo for me. Set the tone covered every blade of grass, got stuck in and a beauty of an assist. I actually thought gundo and foden were poor in the first half.

Great result hopefully thats put paid to them this season in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Quadruple is very much on. Few more wins this month and we can take the foot off the gas in the league in March on to focus on the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement