Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I think we played well today and the heads went down after the sterling miss and we ran out of gas. We look knackered for the last 20 mins and pract no options on the bench.

Burnley did ok, even dyche admitted they have been better in games and got nothing and today they werent as good and nicked a draw. I dont think they deserved a draw but these things happen not the end of the world.

Nice 7 day break to recharge the batteries and go again.

Raheem needs to play on the right hes not great on the left and it hurts our system esp with the lack of width from the left full. If we had mendy fit we might get away with it but we didnt today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi All

Got a new laptop today with Windows 10. Anyone got any MCFC Themes, Screensavers, Backgrounds that u can link me to???

Any vintage/retro CITY stuff out there!!! Would Love an Asa Hartford, Mike Channon etc pic etc!!

I got 17 inches to fill!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Masala wrote: »
    Hi All

Got a new laptop today with Windows 10. Anyone got any MCFC Themes, Screensavers, Backgrounds that u can link me to???

Any vintage/retro CITY stuff out there!!! Would Love an Asa Hartford, Mike Channon etc pic etc!!

I got 17 inches to fill!!!!

I dont have anything like that,all I have is the original Aguerooooooooooo as my message tone,usually just turn it on when I am around United fans.Gets a good laugh most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sane back in training today... great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sane back in training today... great news

He was out for what 2 weeks? Wasn't it originally reported 6-8 weeks?

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was out for what 2 weeks? Wasn't it originally reported 6-8 weeks?

Yep.. brilliant news and nice boost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

It was training away from the rest of the group so not quite what we think. I'd say he's a few weeks off yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It was training away from the rest of the group so not quite what we think. I'd say he's a few weeks off yet.
    Yeah; just doing some running at the moment, no ball work.

https://twitter.com/LeroySane19/status/961974544708890625

Can't see him being back before (or in time for) the Carabao Cup final, in just over a fortnight.

Fantastic today, Aguero on a different planet. His last goal was brilliant strike.

Well, that was worth the trip over.
    :D

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Well, that was worth the trip over.

Your the good luck charm.

Your the good luck charm.
    As you and the mods on here can attest to, I'm full of charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We will all chip in a few pound for bluesers coach trip from Mayo to Kiev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I have a trip booked to see the Brighton home game. Made the mistake of not checking the fa cup schedule though and if they beat wigan the quarter finals will be on that weekend. Any chance you reckon if they get a home draw that weekend that I could swap my match tickets for the cup game?

I have a trip booked to see the Brighton home game. Made the mistake of not checking the fa cup schedule though and if they beat wigan the quarter finals will be on that weekend. Any chance you reckon if they get a home draw that weekend that I could swap my match tickets for the cup game?
    Never been in that position, so I can't help you, sorry.

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did....

Hahahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

I love it!!!!!

DVxFdz3XcAAWEZ8.jpg

United making the PL even easier. What's the date now we will have the Pl wrapped up, thought it was the Derby so that would make it the game before that now. That's Everton 31st of March.

• Advertisement

United making the PL even easier. What's the date now we will have the Pl wrapped up, thought it was the Derby so that would make it the game before that now. That's Everton 31st of March.
    6 more wins now will rule out utd (we're on 72 pts, they're on 56 with 33 more available to both; so they can, in theory, get to 89 points,meaning 90 pts is the number we're looking for). 86 or 87 will more than likely be enough though as utd won't win all their remaining games. So,our 6th PL game from now (not counting possible postponements for cup games) is the derby at the Etihad.
    Arsenal a Mar 1st
    Chelsea h 4th
    Stoke a 12th
    Brighton h 18th
    Everton a 31st
    Utd h Apr

Some of those dates will change for tv.

Please let it happen!

6 more wins now will rule out utd (we're on 72 pts, they're on 56 with 33 more available to both; so they can, in theory, get to 89 points,meaning 90 pts is the number we're looking for). 86 or 87 will more than likely be enough though as utd won't win all their remaining games. So,our 6th PL game from now (not counting possible postponements for cup games) is the derby at the Etihad.
    Arsenal a Mar 1st
    Chelsea h 4th
    Stoke a 4th
    Brighton h 12th
    Everton a 31st
    Utd h Apr

Some of those dates will change for tv.

Please let it happen!
    We could win all those games aswell, Arsenal away is tricky but there very beatable, at home to Chelsea is a another W for me and rest should be straight forward wins.

We could win all those games aswell, Arsenal away is tricky but there very beatable, at home to Chelsea is a another W for me and rest should be straight forward wins.
    Everton at Goodison is always tricky. The home games and the trip to Stoke, we should be winning them really.

We should be winning those home games easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Have to ask. Would you guys prefer the guard of honour from united or beating them in the derby to the win the league?

Turtwig wrote: »
    Have to ask. Would you guys prefer the guard of honour from united or beating them in the derby to the win the league?
    As long as we don't fcuk up and actually do go on to win the title, that's all I'm REALLY bothered about. Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that the guard of honour isn't compulsory. But, seeing as you asked; I'd opt for beating them to win the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Turtwig wrote: »

Winning the league against them for me please.

cover29.jpg

cover29.jpg
    That is brilliant. I doff my cap to whoever made that.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/963007676358844417

Leroy Sane, Fabien Delph, David Silva all @ManCity training this morning. Gabriel Jesus not there.

Great news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I am beginning to feel the league might be ours. Afraid to say for certain due to the hazards that go with supporting City

I am beginning to feel the league might be ours. Afraid to say for certain due to the hazards that go with supporting City
    It's not quite ours yet. However, I would be ever so slightly p*ssed off if we didn't claim it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ye've a 16 point lead with 33 points left to play for and a vastle superior goal differnece.

The league has been done for about 2 months at this stage. :pac:

City should be focusing it all on the CL now, worse case scenario, ye'll limp over the line and win the title by 6+ points, rest the stars for the tougher CL games that are going to follow the Basel game and ye could well be a force in the latter rounds.

I see we've got Craig Pawson as the ref for the Carabao Cup final. The same Craig Pawson who ruled out a pefrectly valid goal in last year's FA Cup semi final (against Arsenal) for the ball going out over the goal line; it clearly didn't. And the same Craig Pawson who didn't send off Kane and Alli in the game at the Etihad before Christmas. Great.

:rolleyes:

I see we've got Craig Pawson as the ref for the Carabao Cup final. The same Craig Pawson who ruled out a pefrectly valid goal in last year's FA Cup for the ball going out over the goal line; ity mclearly didn't. And the same Craig Pawson who didn't send off Kane and Alli in the game at the Etihad before Christmas. Great.

:rolleyes:

Ill say this about it was very frustrating game but I say that was a hard call in real time ,VAR would take a few seconds to see it wasn't out.
    Last year was frustrating with bad calls,suppose this year aswell but at least there getting points on boards to pepper over the bad calls.
    It wont let me post to the exact time but its 53 seconds in to see the call.

Ill say this about it was very frustrating game but I say that was a hard call in real time ,VAR would take a few seconds to see it wasn't out.
    Last year was frustrating with bad calls,suppose this year aswell but at least there getting points on boards to pepper over the bad calls.
    It wont let me post to the exact time but its 53 seconds in to see the call.
    Agreed; it was a tight call in real time. But that works both ways. What made him come down on the side of the defence? At least VAR will be in operation for the final; Neil Swarbrick is the official in charge of that.

Destruction.Basel out of there depth .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Destruction.Basel out of three depth .

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Lovely that will do!

We paid only 21 million for Ikay great value for money

• Advertisement

Brilliant result tonight

Just wondering if Basel won any of their group games??? Ohhhhhh wait!!!

Hahahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

Brilliant result tonight

Just wondering if Basel won any of their group games??? Ohhhhhh wait!!!

Hahahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

It shows you the difference in class

They are absolute sh1te and some of them still think they will win the champions league

Dear o dear the delusion

They are absolute sh1te and some of them still think they will win the champions league

Dear o dear the delusion
    I'd love to get them in the q/f.

Richard Dunne can barely contain himself loves this club

Hopefully he is there for the final

Christ. Did we run over Brian Kerr's cat? Miserable fecker.

Dear o dear the delusion

Far from ****e in fairness,but City are a far better team ,they have been for a good few seasons.De Gea is some player and their best player and has kept them in games when they drawing/losing .
    If they lose him I think they would be in trouble.There is nothing great about that defence ,Jones a work horse but nothing special who else Valenica Smalling Rojo Bailly Darmain Shaw.Wouldn't be racing to sign many of them.

Nice win tonight, we're lucky that Basel didn't score.Not sure if Pep will go down the route of embarrassing them at home City could easy score another 4 or 5 .
    BT just said highest away win in the the CL qualifiers.

How do you turn 360 yards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Christ. Did we run over Brian Kerr's cat? Miserable fecker.

But Otamendi turned 360 yards!! Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Much as im not a Fan of Kerr and i only saw the highlights

He did have some valid points (Again based on the highlights).

If we are going to praise the attack for creating chances, then we should criticize the Defense for allowing chances.

It may be that we scored four but we also gave a lot of chances which a better team would have scored.

The reality is our system can leave the defense exposed and we need to be aware of that.

Not im not saying we are bad, far from it we are a great team but lets not get carried away with ourselves like other teams do!!!

• Advertisement

murphk wrote: »
    Much as im not a Fan of Kerr and i only saw the highlights

He did have some valid points (Again based on the highlights).

If we are going to praise the attack for creating chances, then we should criticize the Defense for allowing chances.

It may be that we scored four but we also gave a lot of chances which a better team would have scored.

The reality is our system can leave the defense exposed and we need to be aware of that.

Not im not saying we are bad, far from it we are a great team but lets not get carried away with ourselves like other teams do!!!
    I don't mind criticism. But when he only criticises, ignoring the fact that we strolled to an emphatic 4-0 win away from home in the CL. But then, I suppose I shouldn't expect anything else from TV3. Not one of our group stage games shown live by them in the last 2 seasons.I still remember them opting to show Celtic vs Gladbach rather than City vs Barca. Laughable.

Advertisement