Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

So good..... I am gonna watch it again on Match of the Day!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Rodri clogged. Not sure what Swansea hope to gain with their overly physical approach. It's not going to win them the game at this stage, is it?

Job done. Home draw in the q/f (not bothered who against) would be nice. Hope Rodder's injury isn't as bad as it looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Another record broken and still in all competitions...lifes good!

POKERKING wrote: »
    Another record broken and still in all competitions...lifes good!
    https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1359583187580694532?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Another big game, no Diaz but Aguero on bench, hope for another win, keep possession and tíre a tired Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Job done. Onto Goodison in midweek.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1360672743067418635?s=19

Not bad, considering we were only founded in 2008.

Big game on wednesday at Goodison, our "game in hand". Get a win there, and we'll be 10 pts ahead of utd and Leicester, and 16 pts ahead of Liverpool. Plus GD on all of them. Great incentive not to do a "typical City" performance.

Different class in the second half

I think that team has another gear in them which is frightening when you think about it

Different class in the second half

I think that team has another gear in them which is frightening when you think about it
    Yep. We dozed through that first half. I'd imagine Pep would have been raging at that performance in the dressing room at HT. Much, much better in the second half. Two cracking goals from Riyad and Bernardo. And way more intensity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I guess those in the media and online asking if Pep could/had his heart in it, to rebuild the team have their answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

This season has been a Pep masterclass. However if he doesnt win the CL he'll have mud thrown at him as per. Only he can win a treble and have it cast as a failure

Would love him to win it this year but a part of me wants to wait until fans back in the stadium. Would be something miserable about winning it for the first time behind closed doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Islander13 wrote: »
    This season has been a Pep masterclass. However if he doesnt win the CL he'll have mud thrown at him as per. Only he can win a treble and have it cast as a failure

Would love him to win it this year but a part of me wants to wait until fans back in the stadium. Would be something miserable about winning it for the first time behind closed doors

And people will always then have a question mark after it if city win the CL this year.

Covid blah blah blah doesn't count blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    And people will always then have a question mark after it if city win the CL this year.

Covid blah blah blah doesn't count blah blah blah

Let them add as many question marks as they want. It would only show their lack of class

I was nervous coming into this month. It was a tricky run of fixtures....

Burnley A
    Liverpool A
    Spurs H
    Everton A
    Arsenal A

And West Ham at home next weekend to come. But, 5 wins out of 5 so far, with just 3 goals conceded. You can't ask for any more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

What I find very satisfying is that the capability is now there to defend a 1 - 0 lead for 90 minutes! :)

You know things are going well when the mancs and scousers start complaining about the spending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

You know things are going well when the mancs and scousers start complaining about the spending!

Mancs? What are City?

Nunu wrote: »
    Mancs? What are City?

Sorry, thought that it would have been clear I was talking about united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Any Particular Article or jsut something you have noticed in general

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Any Particular Article or jsut something you have noticed in general

Miguel Delaneys latest article in the independent but general twitter chat what I'm picking up. Anecdotal stuff really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Miguel Delaneys latest article in the independent but general twitter chat what I'm picking up. Anecdotal stuff really

That's a constant issue for Miguel, he's been writing about the damage of the growing wealth gap in football for years, regardless who's winning or losing. Spoken about it for years on various podcasts etc too. It's sort of his 'thing'.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That's a constant issue for Miguel, he's been writing about the damage of the growing wealth gap in football for years, regardless who's winning or losing. Spoken about it for years on various podcasts etc too. It's sort of his 'thing'.
    Delaney is a hypocrite. Banging on about us being "state owned"club. He works for the independent newspaper.....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jul/23/evening-standard-and-independent-unable-to-rebut-concerns-over-saudi-ownership

I await his resignation from that paper on ethical grounds.

My mates all liverpool and united fans have started talking about having not mentioned it in at least a year.... its always a good sign!

blueser wrote: »
    Delaney is a hypocrite. Banging on about us being "state owned"club. He works for the independent newspaper.....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jul/23/evening-standard-and-independent-unable-to-rebut-concerns-over-saudi-ownership

I await his resignation from that paper on ethical grounds.

Ah come on that’s total nonsense... what you’re saying is that the ownership structure of his employer’s parent company SHOULD preclude him from discussing relevant subjects like the increasing wealth gap in football, or sports washing, when obviously the opposite is the case.

I’d agree with you if for instance he’d previously discussed these issues before, but while working for a state investment vehicle owned company stopped talking about it. But that’s obviously not the case.

Ah come on that’s total nonsense... what you’re saying is that the ownership structure of his employer’s parent company SHOULD preclude him from discussing relevant subjects like the increasing wealth gap in football, or sports washing, when obviously the opposite is the case.

I’d agree with you if for instance he’d previously discussed these issues before, but while working for a state investment vehicle owned company stopped talking about it. But that’s obviously not the case.
    Fine. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. As am I. We'll have to agree to differ.

• Advertisement

Fine. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. As am I. We'll have to agree to differ.

My post was written too harshly, apologies (I am not a morning person), I just strongly disagree with this somewhat recent trend that people can only have a voice and opinion if they're whiter than white themselves. Reality is gray. A good point is a good point regardless where it's coming from, and deserves discussion on its own merits.

My post was written too harshly, apologies (I am not a morning person), I just strongly disagree with this somewhat recent trend that people can only have a voice and opinion if they're whiter than white themselves. Reality is gray. A good point is a good point regardless where it's coming from, and deserves discussion on its own merits.
    Apologies aren't necessary, and weren't expected.

Not brilliant tonight, a long way off it if we're being honest. A 2nd gear display, but a win's a win, I guess. Joao, Rodri and Bernie were, for me, our best players tonight. On to West Ham on ssturday lunchtime, which won't be easy.

W x 19

Gladbach were so poor last night I think they dragged the City team down a level with them. How on earth did they manage to get through the group stages and knock Inter out in the process? Even West Brom or Sheffield United gave us more of a game!

Anyway, that's the easiest progression into the next round we could have imagined.

Gladbach were so poor last night I think they dragged the City team down a level with them. How on earth did they manage to get through the group stages and knock Inter out in the process? Even West Brom or Sheffield United gave us more of a game!

Anyway, that's the easiest progression into the next round we could have imagined.
    Arguably, the hardest/trickiest game we've had on this run was at Cheltenham in the cup. Going into that last 15 minutes, I was getting flashbacks to the likes of Shrewsbury/Halifax/Forest/Wigan (several times!) etc. Certainly tougher than the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Everton or utd gave us. Was that down to us taking them for granted? Or them playing out of their skins? Possibly, a combination of both.

Very mediocre performance. But, at this stage of the season, it's all about results. Winning ugly. On to Wolves in midweek. Can see Pep shaking it up. Cancelo and Bernie back in the side. Possibly Gabby as well.

W x 20

It’s shaping up to be something very special this year

It was always going to be a tricky one .......but on we go

Not bad.....

024-D51-B8-D241-43-CA-94-E2-6-D7098402505.jpg

You know things are going well when opposition fans bring out the “how much did you spend” lines...onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement

I'm assuming we're all going back to being Chelsea fans tomorrow. Just like we were before City was founded in Sept 2008.

I'm assuming we're all going back to being Chelsea fans tomorrow. Just like we were before City was founded in Sept 2008.

Goes without saying!

I think today we carried Kun, KDB and Torres, who are all rusty and not on top of their game. Also, West Ham are a much better team than they are usually getting credit for. Just compare how they were able to play the ball out from the back compared to Gladbach in midweek!

So; our remaining fixtures.....

Wolves H
    utd H
    Saints H
    Fulham A
    Leicester A
    Leeds H
    Villa A
    Palace A
    Chelsea H
    Newcastle A
    Brighton H
    Everton H

We're on 62 pts now. Leicester and utd can get to 88 pts if they win their remaining 13 games (not both of them, though, as they've to play each other). So, we need 9 wins (or the equivalent in wins and draws; 8+3) to be mathematically certain of the title. I'd hope we won't need quite that many pts. Low 80s, maybe.

Financial doping no fans etc

We must be getting close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Be giving a shout for Arteta too!

Financial doping no fans etc

We must be getting close
    You forgot "Sportswashing". The fact that CAS cleared us of those charges seems not to matter to some. They know better than CAS, I guess.

Has a post disappeared or have I downed too much porter

Long day

Setting a world record for consecutive wins in the HISTORY of football has to be a target worth shooting for. 5 more wins I think to break it. United the danger fixture

Come on you Gooners.

Christ, I feel dirty saying that.

• Advertisement

Come on you Gooners.

Christ, I feel dirty saying that.

the enemy of my enemy is my friend ;)

Advertisement