Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

You're welcome lads. :D Another step closer to the title now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

DenMan wrote: »
    You're welcome lads. :D Another step closer to the title now.
    Nice one. Have you still got to play our lovely neighbours at your place this season (think you won at OT, didn't you?)? If you have, you know the expected thing to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

blueser wrote: »
    Nice one. Have you still got to play our lovely neighbours at your place this season (think you won at OT, didn't you?)? If you have, you know the expected thing to do!

Finished with them for this season though.

So; my take on the title race. Our next five games are...

Wolves H
    Utd H
    Saints H
    Fulham A
    Leicester A

If (repeat for the hard of hearing, IF) we can win those five games, that'll take us to 77 points. If Leicester and Utd win their other 4 games in the same period, they'll go to 61 and 62 pts respectively. A 15 pt gap with, at that point, 7 games to go.

All conjecture, of course. There's no medals handed out in March. But we need to keep the run going. Lose two on the spin, and Utd win two, and the gap is suddenly halved. Can't afford any slacking. And I'm sure Pep won't allow it.

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1366712433436409856?s=19

Have a word with that lad of yours Alfie.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Watching this on a yank channel

“Manchester City players take it as an insult when the opposition has the ball”

I like that

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

YES JESUS !!! "The very notion of dropping points insults them...." sums it up nicely

On to sunday, and an itch that badly needs scratching. Our recent home record against utd is poor, no other way of looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

On to sunday, and an itch that badly needs scratching. Our recent home record against utd is poor, no other way of looking at it.

And even more strange given the record at OT. We tend to win at home the seasons we win the league (with that one toxic painful exception)

And even more strange given the record at OT. We tend to win at home the seasons we win the league though (with that one toxic painful exception)

• Advertisement

Islander13 wrote: »
    And even more strange given the record at OT. We tend to win at home the seasons we win the league though (with that one toxic painful exception)
    Don't remind me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

The Way the City and Utd are Playing you can only expect a home win, i just hope we up the intensity there were times in the last few weeks its looked a little too easy and we have looked in 2nd gear.

Thats a bad habit to get into as it can be hard to switch back on for the big games, i Dont expect that to be an issue for the derby but maybe for CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I’ve a good feeling about today, 6-1 anyone?

loobylou wrote: »
    I'd like to have seen Phil and Bernie in from the start. But hey; 21 wins on the spin, it's hard to argue with the bald frau Pep.

Surely Aguero should have come on

loobylou wrote: »
    You were saying?

My account was hacked..

Salutary lesson perhaps, a performance like that in CL and we’re out.
    Just wish it had been against somebody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

From a United fans perspective not seeing Aguero come on was rather nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I'd like to have seen Phil and Bernie in from the start. But hey; 21 wins on the spin, it's hard to argue with the bald frau Pep.

Yes but I'd still prefer that kind of meltdown to happen against anyone else :mad:

• Advertisement

Yes but I'd still prefer that kind of meltdown to happen against anyone else :mad:
    Same. I can handle losing. Sh1t happens. And we've had decades of getting used to defeats. But I can't handle losing to them. Particularly not in such a spineless manner. Very few emerged from that game with credit.

I had said that something like this performance was coming didin't think for a second that we would have it against UTD.

Hopefully thats our kick in the arse that we needed.

Still fuming about yesterday. And will be for a fair while yet.
    Of all the teams to lose to, not them.

Important we got back to winning ways straight away after the weekend. If we hadn't won, the media would start peddling the "are City feeling the pressure" narrative. We weren't brilliant; we looked wobbly at the back at times, but we got the job done. On to Craven Cottage at the weekend.

Yep, liked how pissed off pep was in the interview too. The comment about rotation was interesting. i.e. no rotation if you keep playing like Mahrez

Weird game. It was almost the reverse of what's usually happening as we were nowhere at the races and then scored out of nothing; how often have we seen that the other way round?

If Mahrez hadn't been so sharp it may as well have been a different outcome.

Odd line up this evening. Three CBs, Mendy in at LB, Torres getting a start, no Raz (not even on the bench), Foden not starting and both Kun and Gabby in the team, which I thought he'd jettisoned as a tactic. It could be very clever, or......

Odd line up this evening. Three CBs, Mendy in at LB, Torres getting a start, no Raz (not even on the bench), Foden not starting and both Kun and Gabby in the team, which I thought he'd jettisoned as a tactic. It could be very clever, or......

Fingers crossed, great to see Kun starting but Mendy gives me a bad case of nerves

Rumours going around of a bust up between Pep and Raheem. Pep not happy with his contribution in games, apparently. Which Raheem took exception to. Apparently, Pep gave him a major b0ll0ck1ng.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good tactics for how Fulham play I think... they attack from the outside in, with Lookman and Cavaleiro taking up slightly wider starting positions and look to come inside from there. The 5/3 at the back gives them an extra man to have to beat. Also gives you a strong platform to build from, especially with 2 up, with the wingbacks keeping the width. Doubt it's a tactic we'll see much of going forward, but it does let you rest a few important players while still catering to the game pretty well.

Still a shadow of our former selves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I suppose that's the price of resting Sterling, De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan, and Fernandinho. Still well in control considering all that.

Never in doubt fella, never in doubt.

Never in doubt fella, never in doubt.

Much better

We actually scored a penalty.

"Sound the church bells, strike up the band!"

• Advertisement

This is a game that no one will remember after tonight! Solid performance. Dont like 3 at the back though. Please pep dont break this out v Bayern or PSG

Liam Delap's last seven games for the EDS side.....
    3 goals v Derby
    2 goals and 2 assists v Leicester
    2 goals v Arsenal
    2 goals v Brighton
    1 goal and 1 assist v West Ham
    2 goals v Birmingham
    3 goals today (Southampton)

Not sure if he got any assists today. He's clearly gone past that level now. If we assume that he isn't ready for our first team yet, a loan to a carefully chosen side next season could be very advantageous to him. Maybe someone like Brighton, a side who tries to play a decent style of football.

Not seen much of him! although have heard loads

What kind of player is he would he be a direct replacment for Ageuro?
    My impressions is that hes a bit more like a Harry Kane
    Would he fit well into the system ?

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Not seen much of him! although have heard loads

What kind of player is he would he be a direct replacment for Ageuro?
    My impressions is that hes a bit more like a Harry Kane
    Would he fit well into the system ?
    Same here. Haven't seen much of him, but heard good things about him from friends who used to go to the underage games, before lockdown. Tall lad, Dzeko-like. With an instinct for knowing where the goal is. One downside to him; he has a hair trigger temperament. Which mightn't do him any favours with Pep. The Kane comparison might not be too far off the mark. A bit to go to get to his level, mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Hes a big bruiser with a great eye for goal. The opposite of what our youth teams have had in the past or what our first team has had. He could make a great third choice front man alongside jesus, whoever replaces aguero and him. Give us a lot of tactical flexibility but at same time he prob needs a loan to get first team football. Would rather see him go abroad than lumber around a mid table championship side. Anderlecht might be a good first loan move for him.

I do wonder how many of his goals at youth level are down to his build, its like man against boys watching him play. Would he get away with it at senior football? Only one way to find out i guess.

Time to get the subs on. Take off Ruben, Kev and Bernie. Bring on Raheem, Kun and Nathan (get some gametime into his legs).

100% get Aguero on. Takes 5 games to get him fit. Lets do it in games with no jeopardy

The Germans were not great but we seem to be purring again

The Germans were not great but we seem to be purring again
    We've probably had stiffer training sessions to be honest. But hey; a professional job done, no injuries (that I'm aware of, anyway). On to Goodison in the cup at the weekend.

No wonder Kun was p*ssed off and complained that they were not passing to him, such a beautifully timed run, yet the ball never arrived.

https://twitter.com/JamesJohn2427/status/1372120976440365058

Another nice, easy draw for us, I see.
    :rolleyes:

Ah well;at least it'll give Haaland a chance to see his future team mates up close.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Another nice, easy draw for us, I see.
    :rolleyes:

Ah well;at least it'll give Haaland a chance to see his future team mates up close.
    ;)

Yea but he has to wait until the final :):)

If it is a City and Munich semi should be an absolute cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

One game at a time, draw didnt really matter we can beat anyone on our day and getting inferior teams never helped us before but the next game against everton is currently the most important.

Yea but he has to wait until the final :):)

If it is a City and Munich semi should be an absolute cracker
    Nah; can't see him ending up at Porto somehow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement