Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Foden again staying on his feet there. It's very noble of him. There are other players around that wouldn't. It might have been interesting had he gone down. I just hope it doesn't cost us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We are going to lose this unless we wake the fcuk up

Yesss!!

Credit to Everton. They made it bloody difficult for us.

blueser wrote: »

They are a very good team

They are a very good team
    Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

They sure did. But I thought we were in total control in the second half. Happy to avoid extra time, though (never mind bloody penalties!).

They sure did. But I thought we were in total control in the second half. Happy to avoid extra time, though (never mind bloody penalties!).
    Don't mention penalties!

Another nice, easy draw after the CL draw.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

In the 15 days after the international break, we've got.....

3rd Leicester
    6th Dortmund (CL)
    10th Leeds
    14th Dortmund (CL)
    17th Chelsea (FAC)

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1376610292638048260?s=19

Thank you for everything you've given us Kun, not least 93:20. It was a privilege to watch you in the sky blue. All the best to you for your future.

oh man. I will be sadder over Aguero than Silva or Kompany, love the guy and truly marks the end of any trace of that Mancini team forever

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

A club and Premier League legend. His goals brought me so many moments of joy over the years. Remember attending the Super Cup in 2011 when he had just signed, disappointed not to see him play then as his reputation was good. Little did I know how he would contribute to the success of the club. Hopefully his imminent departure will be a motivator to win the Champions League - would be fitting that he would score the winner. ( Hope this is not the kiss of death)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

What a Legend, ill never foget the Goal vs QPR to win the league, I still get shivers when I watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1fhiP2fjYc

• Advertisement

I feel blessed that I was there on May 13th 2012, at 16:52, to witness the most iconic moment in PL history. For that moment alone, he will never be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

oh man. I will be sadder over Aguero than Silva or Kompany, love the guy and truly marks the end of any trace of that Mancini team forever

I remember as it was yesterday the evening I saw him on the TV waiting to come on as a sub and then score!! On his debut!!! He was only a KID I remember saying

Then he score AGAIN with a shot from no-where!

I just LOVE him.....

Remember the goal he scored a few seasons ago from a really acute angle, cannot for the life of me remember who it was against but I remember thinking what a superb
    goal.,,,, was is against er Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Remember the goal he scored a few seasons ago from a really acute angle, cannot for the life of me remember who it was against but I remember thinking what a superb
    goal.,,,, was is against er Utd?

Liverpool.... and we lost!!

I remember being really excited when he signed for us because he had been absolutely tremendous for Atletico. Then that debut! And then, of course, it just got better and better.

Losing Vinny, Silva and Kun in consecutive seasons is tough emotionally but it's the right decision from a football point of view. I just hope he won't sign for another Premier League club, I'd hate to seem his score for, say, Chelsea.

Absolute legend. Thanks for the memories. Especially THAT one!

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    I remember as it was yesterday the evening I saw him on the TV waiting to come on as a sub and then score!! On his debut!!! He was only a KID I remember saying

Then he score AGAIN with a shot from no-where!

I just LOVE him.....

I remember that like yesterday too, I remember the seat I was sitting in in the pub I had gone to...with my united supporting friend. It was amazing, but jesus 10 years ago, where is the time going...

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1378369203003084803?s=20

Looks like Pep's resting a few, with Dortmund coming up in midweek. No Joao, Zinch, John, Phil, Bernie, Ilkay or Raz. Surprised to see both Gabby and Kun starting.

Annoying.

Excellent display this evening. Going away to a fellow top 4 side and totally dominating them from start to finish. Disappointing that Amartey only got a yellow for his assault on Kev, but hey ho. On to Dortmund on tuesday evening, and Leeds next saturday lunchtime.

That pass from De Bruyne that led to the second goal! If anyone else does it we'd be talking about it for weeks. He does it almost every game.

You know the question on who is the best midfielder in the Premier League? How is that even a question?

That pass from De Bruyne that led to the second goal! If anyone else does it we'd be talking about it for weeks. He does it almost every game.

You the question on who is the best midfielder in the Premier League? How is that even a question?
    Agreed. He's streets ahead of any other midfielder. Also, how can Dinho keep putting in such commanding performances at 35 years of age? The best DM in the league.

Agreed. He's streets ahead of any other midfielder. Also, how can Dinho keep putting in such commanding performances at 35 years of age? The best DM in the league.

We will miss how he “breaks up play”

Hard b@stard as well

We will miss how he “breaks up play”

Hard b@stard as well
    I see his fans are out in the general thread again this evening. How nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Who would you pick as a front six for Dortmund? Sterling Jesus Mahrex, with Gundo, KDB, Rodri in behind for me

Foden off the bench

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1378725335315927042?s=19

If that's true, I can't see us paying that sort of money. 600k per week after stoppages, and 40m in "fees". And that's before the transfer fee.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1379489745420627979?s=20

Happy enough with that team. Kev as a false 9, by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Perfect team for me so cant complain this time round compared to previous quarters!

Got a bad sense of deja vu with this....

Great goal, hopefully that will take the wind out of Dortmund sails. They were beginning to settle in. C Mon City.

giphy-3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Tie in balance, i think they were good value for the away goal but we were good value for the win imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Foden could have had a few tonight , delighted he got at least one.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Tie in balance, i think they were good value for the away goal but we were good value for the win imo.
    If Phil had his shooting boots on we'd be home and hosed. He could have had a hat trick tonight. Nevertheless between him and Kev for MOTM for me. The second leg will be nervy; we'll probably need to score out there.

But our luck with dodgy ref decisions in the CL has finally turned - the final jigsaw piece is falling into place ...

• Advertisement

I dont like the False 9 in these games i think we miss the focal point

Aguero must be on the outs with pep otherwise why not bring him on

that Haaland chap would be perfect for us but we will never hand over that sort of money

that Haaland chap would be perfect for us but we will never hand over that sort of money
    Yep. Pity. Can you imagine how many he'd score with the amount of chances we create? He'd have had a hat trick, easily, if he was in sky blue last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sure we are going to win the quad , plenty of cash to spend :)

Remember this? Apologies, but it won't embed.

https://youtu.be/EWmZErWE5c0

• Advertisement

Yep. Pity. Can you imagine how many he'd score with the amount of chances we create? He'd have had a hat trick, easily, if he was in sky blue last night.

Did you see what he did to Dias

nobody has done that to him this season

Did you see what he did to Dias

nobody has done that to him this season
    Indeed, I did. Peering through my fingers. No one else has come remotely close to having Ruben on toast. At times, Haaland did precisely that. And he towered over Dias as well. If their crosses are on the money next week, we could struggle to contain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Remember this? Apologies, but it won't embed.

https://youtu.be/EWmZErWE5c0

I’ll raise you this one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGIOdTkPlXk

loobylou wrote: »
    God love him. In his peak days,he was fantastic TV. But Dunphy couldn't half spout some nonsense.

Im not so sure, i dont doubt for a second that hes world class my concern is how he would fit into the current system.

From what ive heard he tends not to be in games then pop up and score or assist.

Pep wants to have a CF thats much more involved in the game, it might be like ibrahimovic at Barca no doubt that hes world class but pep didnt think he fit into the system.

Ill emphasize that i've only seen him last night and everyhting else im basing this on is hearsay. Also Pep possibly can develop him into what he wants.

Thoughts ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement