Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Joe Exotic wrote: »
    Im not so sure, i dont doubt for a second that hes world class my concern is how he would fit into the current system.

From what ive heard he tends not to be in games then pop up and score or assist.

Pep wants to have a CF thats much more involved in the game, it might be like ibrahimovic at Barca no doubt that hes world class but pep didnt think he fit into the system.

Ill emphasize that i've only seen him last night and everyhting else im basing this on is hearsay. Also Pep possibly can develop him into what he wants.

Thoughts ?

I think we just go and get him. Hes a specimen. Plus we all love pep but will he be here in 3 years time. Build a team around a spine of Dias Foden Haaland. Can be the new Kompany Silva Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Islander13 wrote: »
    I think we just go and get him. Hes a specimen. Plus we all love pep but will he be here in 3 years time. Build a team around a spine of Dias Foden Haaland. Can be the new Kompany Silva Aguero.
    Agreed. If there's even the tiniest of chances of landing him, we have to be in there with the other interested parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He would embarrass defences week in week out in the premier league and cups

Take us up to another level never seen before

But we are not paying 600k a week for anyone

Plenty of rotation from Pep today. Kev, Phil, Rodders, Gundy, Kyle, Ruben and Riyad all rested/on the bench. And Serg injured again.

:(

Looking off the pace today. Mendy is struggling.

And you get people saying we don't need a striker.

Eynbil_WYAEKNeR?format=jpg&name=small

Two shots, two goals.
    :rolleyes:

blueser wrote: »
    Eynbil_WYAEKNeR?format=jpg&name=small

Two shots, two goals.
    :rolleyes:

Looks like a game from last season:pac:

One of my nags better win or the weekend is a write off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Looks like a game from last season:pac:

Exactly my thoughts. Let's hope we got that out of our system now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

What's the thinking in playing Zinchenko?

The relief!!!!!

See all the hate and bitterness in the CL thread? Love it. Someone even saying the Qatar derby is coming up in the s/f. I'm guessing that geography wasn't their strong point st school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

See all the hate and bitterness in the CL thread? Love it. Someone even saying the Qatar derby is coming up in the s/f. I'm guessing that geography wasn't their strong point st school.

Maybe it should be renamed the
    Oil Barons Ball

You haven’t seen anything yet

It’s going to be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

"Why soitanly! Nyuck nyuck!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Maybe it should be renamed the
    Oil Barons Ball

Thought thats what we were going to name the stadium .

Alright, I admit it. I was 100% convinced Mahrez was going to miss the penalty!
    Got a funny feeling I wasn't the only one, though!

But Phil Foden, you f***ing beauty! Best player on the pitch in both games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Me too i was shouting at the screen "why is he taking it "

Foden is a star, what really topped it for me was his block down the other end just after his goal.
    epic work rate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Me too! I still dont know why he took it but i have finally forgiven him
    For the anfield miss.

Great night and a deserved win over the two legs.

We should have had more tonight once we went ahead, amazing how sterling has managed to turn it into an art form where he gets one on one so many teams and never even manages to get a shot off!
    Against a tired defence, no pressure as game is over, get yourself a goal son.....nah il jus fall over instead!

Anyway as mentioned above the closer we get to winning something watch the hatred by increased and ramped up.....i guess it means we are doing something right!

Onto chelsea next, very tough game esp as we looked so tired in parts tonight, a little rotation and hopefully we go flying into it and get through to the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yeah I had the same thought, I was watching for a rebound .
    Foden is a star, he lives for that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Phil foden was excellent tonight but De Bruyne stole the show for me, he is just on another level to every player in the world right now.

Securing him until 2025 is priceless. He’s continually improving and I feel his very best is still to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

theballz wrote: »
    Phil foden was excellent tonight but De Bruyne stole the show for me, he is just on another level to every player in the world right now.

Securing him until 2025 is priceless. He’s continually improving and I feel his very best is still to come

If he could have scored with the shot before the Foden goal it would have been fully deserved.

He has a good track record v PSG so hopefully saved them for that

I see they've been tinkering with our Southern base.....

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/1382980872341716995?s=19

I see they've been tinkering with our Southern base.....

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/1382980872341716995?s=19

LOL:)

• Advertisement

Well done to the EDS lads on their 3-0 win over their utd counterparts last night.

https://youtu.be/C5_HKY-EEDU

Check out the strike from Cole Palmer. I'm hearing lots of promising things about him, possibly the next Phil.

Wholesale changes from the game in Dortmund, as expected...

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1383442613064245250?s=20

Only Ruben, Rodri and Kev stay in the team. Surprised that Ake didn't get a game today instead of Dias, but hey ho.

Come on lads, all the best.

Looks a good team, hopefully can do the job. C'mon City

Rordi AND Ferna. I did not expect to see that.

That really was pathetic

• Advertisement

Hold god, Sterling was very bad today.

The KDB injury is salt in the wound

So disappointing, thought we might nick a goal. Still a bit to do to end this season.

Sterling, Jesus and Torres proved against Leeds that they are not a great forward line.

Maybe Pep wanted to reinforce that lesson yesterday. :confused:

Anyway, I am way more bothered about KDB's injury than the FA Cup. It clearly is a lot lower on the list of priorities this season.

Hold god, Sterling was very bad today.

The KDB injury is salt in the wound
    Fingers crossed......

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1383837997754314766?s=19

That's an encouraging bit of news, we would struggle in the Champions league semi without him. Presume he will sit out until then.

That's an encouraging bit of news, we would struggle in the Champions league semi without him. Presume he will sit out until then.
    He won't be involved on wednesday or next sunday. Bernie coming in for him would be the logical replacement.

Rodri CDM

Bernie CAM
    Ilkay CAM

Mahrez RW
    Jesus ST
    Foden LW

Here's a couple of things for anyone thinking that the unthinkable might happen, and that the quiet neighbours could reel us in.
    1. Yes; indeed they could.
    2. If we somehow scrape two more wins out of our last 6 games, we'll be on 80 pts, plus (at the moment) a markedly better GD. For utd to get to 81 pts, to overtake us, they would need to win 5 out of their last 6 games.

I'm not in full blown panic mode just yet.

Lose at Villa on wednesday, and I will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Will you lads remain City supporters if this Super league kicks off?

To set up a league that you can't get relegated from because you are a "founding member" is absolute bollox. All this just as we are on the verge of real European progress?

I am devastated. It would turn European competition into a nonsense.

Will you lads remain City supporters if this Super league kicks off?

To set up a league that you can't get relegated from because you are a "founding member" is absolute bollox. All this just as we are on the verge of real European progress?

I am devastated. It would turn European competition into a nonsense.
    I'm 58 years old. I was born and raised in Manchester (the first 10 years of my life, within 10 minutes walk of Maine Road). City have been there all my life. I've enjoyed unbelievable highs, and endured dreadful lows with them. I can't see me not continuing to have an affection for them. But this is just out and out wrong. Our owners are insanely wealthy; how much more money do they really need? Because I can only see this as being driven by financial greed.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1384106717122756614?s=19

If (repeat, for the hard of hearing, IF) that's true, then they're a bunch of spineless cowards, who should be ashamed of themselves for not taking a stand.

They have fought and undermined us since the takeover and now we are in bed with them

really ashamed of the club ownership today

we should have said NO and fcuk the consequences:mad:

They have fought and undermined us since the takeover and now we are in bed with them

This.

We fought the FFP rules at least in part as it was a way of protectng the established clubs and not allowing the smaller ones challenge

From what we have seen of the suggestions this is far far worse essentially creating a closed competition and runing the domestic leagues

I can only hope this is some sort of negotiating ploy to get UEFA to scrap the proposed changes to the CL and to implement ones which better suit the clubs.
    I suspect though i may be living in LA LA land if i hold onto that hope.

For me personally i have supported city for 30 ish years and this will disengage me from the club as it will ruin the PL making it a second tier competition with no real relevence as unless your win it you position means nothing

http://youtu.be/WuYLArE6oLk

Sorry, can't get it to embed.

This is it exactly....

Always thought it was admirable to try and get to the top table in Europe and break up the 'Cartel' and with the court ruling last year it was a huge step to win that and destroy the rules and laws they brought it to try and stop new teams getting to those heights.

All that was left to do was to win it on the pitch! But now to just join them....disgusted

I'm 58 years old. I was born and raised in Manchester (the first 10 years of my life, within 10 minutes walk of Maine Road). City have been there all my life. I've enjoyed unbelievable highs, and endured dreadful lows with them. I can't see me not continuing to have an affection for them. But this is just out and out wrong. Our owners are insanely wealthy; how much more money do they really need? Because I can only see this as being driven by financial greed.

I wasn't born in Manchester but I've supported them since 1987 and they will always be my club. There is no way I could even consider supporting another team, ever!

But this is totally wrong, and utterly comprehensible. A league where you cannot get relegated from is completely against the spirit of football.

I have hated FFP with a passion from the second it was announced, not because it was against City but because it was entirely aimed at keeping the present tops clubs a closed shop.

This is way, way worse. Now they are closing even the possibility of a club reaching the top tier. We should never have agreed to this. They might be reluctant participants but that's no excuse whatsoever. The spineless f*ckers!

City lead the way again???

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football

• Advertisement

Advertisement